• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Reba, because a tile is an even number of pixels... ie 128 then textures have to be an even number wide to allow rotation and flipping, otherwise you get the issue displayed here.  I think this only applies to the roads and streets as I think the rush hour sets were corrected although I could be wrong. 

The NAM team are aware of this and all SAM textures (I know cos I did them) are the right number of pixels.  As Rick stated above the RHW and MIS etc are also being done correctly.  To fix the issue we would have to redo every single road and street texture and I'm not even going to tell you how many there are, or how long that would take.

schm0

Quote from: Diggis on January 29, 2008, 01:21:03 AM
To fix the issue we would have to redo every single road and street texture and I'm not even going to tell you how many there are, or how long that would take.

Aw, come on. I'm sure there are only a finite number of possible connections that roads and streets could possibly have. Most likely the number is some where around 150 total. Why wouldn't you want to re-write 150 texture IIDs?
schm0

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Diggis on January 29, 2008, 01:21:03 AM
Reba, because a tile is an even number of pixels... ie 128 then textures have to be an even number wide to allow rotation and flipping, otherwise you get the issue displayed here.  I think this only applies to the roads and streets as I think the rush hour sets were corrected although I could be wrong.

OWR's are made with an odd number as well Diggis.  The AVE is as well, but it doesn't seem to be affected when rotated/flipped because it's a two tile network.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Andreas

Quote from: schm0 on January 29, 2008, 03:50:21 AM
Aw, come on. I'm sure there are only a finite number of possible connections that roads and streets could possibly have. Most likely the number is some where around 150 total. Why wouldn't you want to re-write 150 texture IIDs?

150 textures wouldn't be much of a problem, but we're talking about some 1500 texture here, including all wealth levels...
Andreas

Diggis

Quote from: schm0 on January 29, 2008, 03:50:21 AM

Schm0, as mentioned earlier it's not just the intersections but the entire network that needs redoing.  each piece needs to be able to match each other piece so they will all need redoing.  Add to that the fact each piece needs 4 for each wealth, and then 5 for each zoom thats a lot of textures.  Plus the Alpha channels.... do you get the picture?

There are 350 textures (excluding the different zooms) for each of the SAM sets, and that is only for the straight pieces.  When you add in the road diagonals the number gets considerably higher.

Rick, Ave wouldn't matter for exactly the reason you stated.  Because they can only join one way. I'm not surprised about OWR as it was based off the road network.  If you look carefully you can still see the yellow lines down the centre of the tile.

RebaLynnTS

Just so I am understanding correctly, are you saying some textures are an even numbered size, while others are an odd numbered size?
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Andreas

Not the textures themselves, but the streets and roads that are painted on them. This 1-pixel-shift also occurs with various park path textures, so Maxis really screwed up this area.  &mmm
Andreas

tomdapom

After having the NAM for a while now, I finally got round to updating it, and installing the RHW and MIS. The RHW works fine, but for some reason, I can't get the MIS to work.

All I get is a blank arrow, with no MIS interchange tools at all. Also, I cannot plop the new avenue pieces, or use the GLR. What am I doing wrong?

Shadow Assassin

You'll have to update your copy of the NAM. What's possible is that you have an old copy of the NAM Essentials [it is, after all, essential - you want the Jan 2008 version].
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Filasimo

not only that by the looks of the pic you have the old RHW version installed
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Tarkus

Quote from: Filasimo on January 29, 2008, 03:25:24 PM
not only that by the looks of the pic you have the old RHW version installed

Well, he could have an old RHW built with v13b or earlier, and the v13 Legacy Support file is loaded (which will show the old textures).

-Alex (Tarkus)

tomdapom

I do have the latest version of NAM, with the RHW v20. However, the problem seems to be with anything draggable (I can use the ploppable GLR, but not draggable).

Filasimo

Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

rickmastfan67

Then maybe you somehow have two NAM folders in your plugins area.  You might want to double check that.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

tomdapom

I just checked, and I don't think I do. Just to see, here is a pic of all things which have 'Network' in them, in my plugins.

I'll probably be missing something really obvious . . . lol

rickmastfan67

Then all I can sugest is that you re-install the NAM from the ground up.  That means delete your current "Network Addon Mod" folder and reinstall everything you want from the NAM.  If that doesn't help, you then somehow have a mod that has RUL's in it that are messing up the NAM.

Tarkus

Quote from: tomdapom on January 29, 2008, 03:39:38 PM
I do have the latest version of NAM, with the RHW v20. However, the problem seems to be with anything draggable (I can use the ploppable GLR, but not draggable).

That's probably because the ploppable GLR is included in whatever version of the RUL files is loading into the game, but the newer items aren't listed.  If that is your entire list of items with "Network", then it is more than likely an outdated version of the RHW (earlier than v13b), or some other transit plugin dated prior to the June 2007 NAM (when the Draggable GLR was introduced).  If the RHW is still working by the old side-by-side ANT method, than it is an old RHW version--try searching for "RHW".

If that still doesn't turn up anything, I'd uninstall the NAM (and also delete any DatPacked NAM files if you have any, they could be a culprit as well), and then run the BSC Cleanitol file included in the NAM June 2007 Download (which will clear out any hidden , then reinstall in the following order:

1. NAM June 2007
2. NAM January 2008 Update
3. RHW v20

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Andreas

Check the date stamp of the Network Addon Controller file - it should be a date somewhere around January 1, 2008. If this isn't the case, reinstall the NAM, or at least the NAM January 2008 Update. If you still have problems, refer to the troubleshooting guide that is included in the NAM January 2008 Update "ReadMeFirst" file.
Andreas

RebaLynnTS

I had the same problem when I first upgraded, so, I deleted everything having to do with NAM, reinstalled the new stuff, and it worked fine. (Search for NAM, and GLR as well)
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

zakuten

So, recently I was playing and somehow this happened: A RHW-2 (just plain ANT tool with v20 installed) tunnel. I thought this wasn't supposed to exist, and obviously isn't supported by the game, as seen by the hole in the ground, but if this IS something new that hasn't been seen before, might a portal be makable for it?
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)