• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NYBT's May 2013 OSITM

Started by rooker1, May 01, 2013, 02:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antn

I've been trying to do some automata modding lately and so far I have this:

It's a R142 train, one of the different models operated by MTA in the NYC subway system. So far there's no car model, only engine, and there is still a bunch of things left to do with it.

Aaron Graham

To all Comments- Thank you guys, and I'm happy you like the variations. :D

Anotn- It looks good, I hope you can make the texture just as good a Gwails. Also I think that the train is shorter than Gwails as well. :)

32-48 30th Street

A new building for NYBT, this small and lovely apartment is located in Queens, New York City. Something I need to make is small apartments not just that I need to make some buildings from Queens. This is not my first apartment from Queens, I have other buildings, I just never finished them. :P

For the lots information, the building can sit on a 1x2 lot. I am thinking about making flipped version and a 1x3, 2x2, and 2x3 lots for the release of this apartments, lets hope it's not just some batter talking. :D

Here's the link to the real building. :D

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=new+york+city&ll=40.761273,-73.92693&spn=0.000472,0.000817&hnear=New+York&gl=us&t=h&layer=c&cbll=40.761201,-73.927117&panoid=R-pKiXunZib0kMuZ3piyNA&cbp=12,285.76,,0,-28.32&z=21
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

threestooges

I was in NY a couple years ago, and I must say your BATs, automata, and all have really helped capture the feeling of the city. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the month plays out. Excellent start so far.
-Matt

noahclem

antn, the automata looks great! Not to mention it's set in a very attractive looking city  &apls  Can I ask what mod your using to make your el-rail look like that>

Aaron, you BAT looks just as good as an "Aaron Graham" bat should look--which is to say as good as it gets. Crazy BATter? I think we'd get along well  :D

threestooges

Noah, I think that's the el-over-road stuff using buddybud's facelift mod from the new NAM. If it's not, though, I'd love to hear how it was done.
-Matt

metarvo

I just saw some good-looking trains in the other thread to make OSITM this month, and I get to see them in this one as well.  The details are nicely done, and they provide so much character to the ELR.  Good work, Antn.  :thumbsup:

You're doing a good job too, Aaron.  It looks like this one will fit a revitalized downtown area quite well.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Vlasky

Thanks guys for your support.
Anton, that looks superb. I do think that a bit more attention to the top is needed and since that is aluminum I believe, I think that some sort of reflection should be added to the model. I am saying this because I've seen the model in a non-sc4 render and this render is making it look like it's solid color, which I know it isn't because I've seen the material you've used is reflective. So I'd just say that you need to add stuff that it will reflect.

Aaron, what can I say, the model is somewhat of a classical Aaron-esque type of building :)

Now, I've been busy too. I've worked on recreating NYC style seawalls. My reference is the type of seawalls mostly found on the Hudson river front, especially Battery City area. Take a look, but please do note that this model needs refinement and textures are just placeholders :) This is an absolute OSITM SC4D premiere :)
(both fractional, diagonal and orthogonal versions are in plans)

Orthogonal (rendered HD):

Fractional angled (rendered HD):

Refference: https://imageshack.us/a/img825/1388/a10seawall.jpg
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

RickD

So many exciting things here.  &apls I can't imagine playing the game without the NYBT stuff any more.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

rooker1

Quote from: RickD on May 08, 2013, 03:07:00 AM
So many exciting things here.  &apls I can't imagine playing the game without the NYBT stuff any more.

I agree fully.

Vlasky, awesome work! I really like the idea of the base sand texture. Will you be doing a concrete and brick version?

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Wow, even with placeholder textures it's already beautiful! With that nice of a look, HD detail, and diagonal/FA options these could end up being the best sea walls ever made. I'm curious what your plans for implementing the Lots will be. Great work  &apls

jeckyll

This is something that I've been waiting for years, it looks beautiful.  :thumbsup:

I agree with Rooker it would be great if you create few more colouristic versions. I think that also version without this green strip will be desirable.

metarvo

Most seawall creators gave up on diagonals, but here we have fractional angle walls.  I'm looking forward to seeing more.  Good job, Vlasky!

&apls
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

Swordmaster

Perfect! My ideal seawall doesn't exist yet, but I see this may change. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

Aaron Graham

Thank you guys, and Vlasky ithe sea walls looks great. :)

I have some bad news looks like my batting is put on hold. My laptop fan has stopped working and I know I I keep using it it can damage my computer permanently. Please share anything that can help get me back in to batting.  :(  :'(

EDIT:
Thank you for helping out, I was messing around with my laptop and I have the fan running again, the fan is dusty so I will have to purchase a duster (compressed air in a spray can).  :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

metarvo

Oh, no, this is not good at all.  Unfortunately, the only cure I can think of is to get the fan replaced.  In the meantime, you might want to back up your BATs just in case something really bad happens (although you'll be taking a chance doing so since your fan isn't working).  CDs/DVDs or USB flash drives can be suitable modes of backup.

Aaron Graham

Thank you for helping out, I was messing around with my laptop and I have the fan running again, the fan is dusty so I will have to purchase a duster (compressed air in a spray can). :D

Jack_wilds

@AG: buy a new one...  :P   

I need a new one... as the Intel GMA drivers [Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset] on this gatewayMD7309u keep crashing  :( -as the drivers are unable to handle too much flash, and gateway no longer supports this model...  &mmm  so if anyone has any idea how to cope with this would also be appreciated

trust the 'blow-out' of canned air helps  ;)

Aaron Graham

Jack_wilds- Lol, so happy I did not hviw to buy a new fan!!! :D

785 park Avenue

Here's a day and night render of the building, I am getting close to being finished. All I need to do it work on the other versions and it won't take as long a apartment building with shops on the first floor, thank goodness for not having shops on this building or will be working on it till next month. :D

Vlasky

RickD: Thank you.
rooker1: Thank you. Are you asking about the wall itself or the riverbed? I must admit I haven't been thinking about different versions, but why not. Once The whole 'system" is established, different textures shouldn't e a problem.
noahclem: Thank you, and the plan is to have a full LODS square encompassing the structure you see and making it an overhanging prop. I have done some tests and so far it seems like it could work out that way. But more on seawalls in the next update.
jeckyll: Thank you. I've replied about color variants to rooker1. About the seaweed thing, it should find its way into this model, but less saturated and radiant. It will look more subtle in the end.
metarvo: Thank you. Believe it or not but this whole thing with seawalls started because of FAR ones. :) Orthogonal are just here because they're expected to be :P
Swordmaster: Thank you. I'll try my best to deliver :P
Aaron: Ty and I'm so sorry to hear about that and I hope you've permanently fixed the problem :)

Ok folks the update on the Daily News building is in order, right? So Here I'll show you what I've been working on. The News building has different types of spandrels, some are longer than the others and some have a different brick pattern to them. Now, I've tried my best to replicate those patterns and to my surprise, none of them is visible in sc4 render but also barely visible in the front, non-sc4 render as well. Now the bad news here is that you won't see many different spandrels in game, but the good news is, I can use what I have and not spend time replicating them no more. I can use one same print everywhere :) Here are the renders:

Front render:

Base render (three types of spandrels are used here, see if you can notice them :P ):

And I've been also working on the roof which will probably be the most entangled part of the building to recreate. Don't mind the placeholder materials. Basic structures have been laid out, now all the painstaking details need to be done too:

Looking forward to your comments :)

EDIT: That looks great Aaron. I like the dirt on the base. Subtle and nice but present :)
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

Aaron Graham

Thank you, wonderful work you have done here Vlasky. I have fixed the problem let's hope it last. :D