• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SNT - V. 2.0 available for download!

Started by Akallan, June 25, 2017, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Uh!  &apls &apls

I see here some configuration which is kind of missing from SC4. Those intersections where the OWR1s going towards to the intersection (road/streat) and drivers have to turn left or right on both sides, they can't go straight are very nice, I miss these stuffs from the game and from NAM too... (pictures: A00-24a, n13-09a, n13-10a)

It looks fantastic! :)  :popcorn:

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Akallan

If I want to, I can do more configurations, but then this will make me some fifty more textures (or even more) by type of network. It will become complicated! NAM I guess it's the same, making the textures is simple, but the modding is long and complicated I guess! :squirrel:

Thank you for your comment and support! :thumbsup:

Today I finished the OWS-1 network (One Way Street, 1 lane). Here are the textures:

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Themistokles

Double like on this one :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Diagonals? ;D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

mattb325

Krasner

I saw that already but I take the time to comment only now... It's an excellent project my friend ;D And I realize, those road textures with bus wiggles may be the perfect excuse to make a set of swiss bus stops isn't it ? I mean, to stay coherent with the general swiss theme. I have solved my late problems with Gmax and this kind of small things are fun and quick done, so if you want a can consider to make some. Send me some pictures if you want  ::)
ANARCHIST !!

manga rivotra

Really great work on the OWS-1 network !
I always thought that this network should use street textures and not road textures, look like really more realistic like that.  :thumbsup:

Akallan

Themistokles : Let me finish all the networks I want to do in orthogonal version!  :D

mattb325 : Thank you! :)

Krasner : Thank you, MP already! :satisfied:

manga rivotra : I agree with you, but I think both networks are useful. For example, if it's an old one-way street, then the OWS-1 is better. But if it's a one-way street on which the tar carpet has been redone, the OWR-1 is better. It all depends on the utility we have. :)

Today, just a small update, with some modifications made to the transitions (mainly OWR-2 on OWR-1), the addition of the end of networks (cul-de-sac), and a slightly bigger modification for The network of roundabouts.

You may have noticed the presence of new networks, there is the OWR-2 / code M03 (one-way road of Maxis, two lines) with the markings M03a and without the markings M03b. It is now on this new network that I work.

There is also the new OWS-2 network (with and without marking, code P23a / b), this is the continuation of the OWS-1. This network is still at a hypothetical stage, I do not know if I will, but I think it may be as useful to have one-way roads two lines as one-way streets two lines.  I will think about it. ()what()

That's all for now, if you have any criticism or suggestions do not hesitate! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

Tyberius06

Hi!

It looks great, however on the new networks M03a and P23a, I would put the lane reduction and giveaway markings to the other side (with RHD) and it can be like this with LHD... Based on that under RHD setup mandatory to use the Right lane (on LHD is the same with the left lane). But it can be used for a Road-OWR1-ish transition where the OWR1 is just a short section to slow the traffic down (and despite of its name it actually serves both directions). I saw a few of those back in Hungary, and here in England I regulary pass through such kind of transitions...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Akallan

Tyberius06 : Yes, you are quite right. It is an error of inattention on my part, I corrected it, thank you.

Tonight just an image that presents all the networks created so far. I finished the network M03, and the network P23 arrives at the end, soon I propose the images. :)
The pedestrian crossings have changed color, in order to make them less fluorescent yellow. Now they have a tint rather close to yellow-orange, inspired directly by the color of the Swiss pedestrian crossings.

My CJ :

korver

Like I said on ST - great improvement with the textures! Keep up the nice work :thumbsup:

kelis

I can not wait to put my hands on this, great job !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Akallan

Thank you korver and kelis for your nice comments! :)

I finished the networks M03 (OWR-2) and P23 (OWS-2). Before tackling a new network, I am going to make changes to all networks to make them more realistic about certain details such as the way cars (the tire marks on the tar). Here are the images of the two networks:

My CJ :

tomvsotis

These look fantastic. Well done!

matias93

Really beautiful and detailed work  &apls

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Ernestmaxis

Impressive work! Cant wait to see this in action :thumbsup:

Akallan

Hello, thank you very much for your comments! :)

Here is a moment that I did not come. The SNT project has not progressed much since I am working at the same time on a new video for Phoenix Project.

The work I have done for now is to redo all the traces of vehicles on the roadway. Before doing the job, the roads that were taken by the vehicles were badly done and wrong, I corrected the problem on all the networks I have created so far. The next job is to create new textures for existing networks with parking places and also a new textures for bus stops.

When all this work is finished, I will start new networks (AVE Maxis, a few SAM streets, maybe the OWR-3).

Here is an image of the work done with respect to the path of vehicles, this is the OWR-2 network. This is the network on which we see the most work done so far (look at the pictures of the OWR-2 of the previous update for you the difference with the new textures OWR-2 ;) ).

See you soon! :thumbsup:

My CJ :

kelis

I can't imagine all the hours that you are putting in this project, I say that because of the result, all those textures looks awesome...
I'm thinking about Hong Kong...why? they use those yellow crosswalk too... Can't wait to see the final result ingame.

&apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Akallan

Thank you very much. Yes it takes a lot of time to do, I do not think I'll finish the SNT before the end of the year, but rather early 2018! Crosswalks are used in many countries, but I did not know Hong Kong was using it too! ;D

Today, just a small presentation of the network N13 (OWR-1) that is completed. I redid the textures more accurately, the marks of passage of vehicles are cleaner and right, and I redid road marking.

I have to make the same changes for the network N07 (AVE-2) and then I will create a new texture set (Avenue Maxis).

See you soon! :thumbsup:

Click for full size*

My CJ :

noahclem

Hadn't seen this project before. You're really doing a nice job with these textures  &apls Best of luck with the project and I look forward to the results!

mattb325