• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

great work Art! congratz!

On a side note, I believe that for scale comparison, one should stick with a similar maxis building, otherwise there is a chance of error propagation. Donno though if there is any comparable one.

cheers!

art128

Hello~

Since Novotel is finished, I went ahead and started the next project. Pavilhão de Portugal in Lisbon. It will be a museum. Not gonna be a 100% faithful recreation but it will be close.

Textures to come soon.

Anyone wants to test the school and two office buildings? Just to see if they work on your machine and do what they should (give education and jobs)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Barroco Hispano

Beautiful!  :thumbsup:

I am planning to do old buildings from portugal and spain like the 'Queluz Palace' but have not yet decided what scale to use for the buildings.  &mmm
Barroco Hispano

paddy0174

I just have to say thank you, for all the great BATs as well as the show off of such interesting and great buildings. One more to visit, if travel will be allowed ever again. :)
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

emanuelfranco0390

Wow, beautiful Pavilhão

The first thing that came to my mind was the music video and the song from Shakira "Dare" it was filmed there.

mattb325

These look great , and it's fantastic to see you back at the BAT.

I love, love, *love* the Novotel complex, that will be going straight into my cities  ;D

gn_leugim

as Portuguese I welcome this very very much  ;D ;D

Badsim

Great comeback Arthur, &apls &apls &apls  love your choices and the first result with Novotel is really nice ( I understand Matt's enthusiasm as there's a kind of visible relatedness on that one between your two BATing styles... :satisfied:  )

Pavilhão de Portugal looks promising too. :thumbsup:

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

art128

Thanks guys.

I'm on holidays for two weeks so I will have plenty of time to get these ready for upload. You can expect the Novotel, School and Pavilion of Portugal within these two weeks.
And maybe another couple if I model them fast enough.

In the meantime, I finished this one. Pretty happy with the end result honestly. No night lights for this one.

more soon.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

The recent projects are looking awesome buddy  &apls &apls  I agree with Matt on that Novotel being just a great model of unique style and also excellent implementation, including technical end regarding the road and potentially sloped terrain for it. Have a great break!

gn_leugim

I know it is like this, but that empty prestine clean roof is a bit too, well, clean and bright. Not the "pala" which looks awesome, btw, but the main building whitish roof I mean.

other than that, great modeling man! great job!  &apls

art128

Thanks guys for the feedbacks.
I agree the roof of the building itself is a bit too clean. I will prepare a second version soon. Also I may add some night lights here and there to spice it up a bit. Looking at it now I also think the concrete structure on around the "veil" are a bit too deep for sc4, you can't see much of the green tile walls.

I am in the process of starting Tampere Station. But I have a question first.
In the real building the tracks and platforms are one level higher than the street where the entrance is.

Should I disregard that and make all of it flat? Or should I adapt it so that the platforms can be used for 7.5m high trains tracks? (Both viaduct and embankments.)

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

well, can you have a multitrack elevated station? if yes, why not? maybe the major problem might be making the embankment, but other than that, I think it is a good idea!

Tyberius06

Quote from: art128 on October 02, 2020, 05:21:51 AM

I am in the process of starting Tampere Station. But I have a question first.
In the real building the tracks and platforms are one level higher than the street where the entrance is.

Should I disregard that and make all of it flat? Or should I adapt it so that the platforms can be used for 7.5m high trains tracks? (Both viaduct and embankments.)

My vote is on the L1 (7.5m) platforms. I can imagine how it would work on an embankment and also as a standalone viaduct station. The idea is amazing (specially the embankment version). I have only one request. I'm not sure if during the modelling and later when you put the lot together with the envisioned scennarios a modular set-up would work properly.
By the way I don't know which approach you will follow eventually, but I guess if it's possible the best would be if the station building was sitting on the LOT, while the platforms would be overhanging. It would not require modelled rail tracks, in any case (of course I assume it's the harder to do) you could leave the middle empty where the tracks would run.
But even if in this case a modular set-up wouldn't work, could you export as an additional model/prop an L1 elevated platform, which could be used for lotting purposes.

Anyhow! Thanks for considering making new stations, specially elevated ones!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

manga rivotra

Like the others, I love the Novotel, the Pavilhão de Portugal and the school.  &apls &apls &apls
The fact that you have added all these Props to the School Lot (including diagonals and FAR fences if I can see it correctly) is a huge plus. :thumbsup: It will be perfect for a very dense environment.
About the Tampere Station, like gn_leugim and Tyberius06, my vote would go for raising the platforms to 7.5m without modeling the rails, a bit like Debussyman did for his sublime Dresden Central Station, in order to put the L1 of Nam on the length desired by the player and cross the avenue at the appropriate place while keeping the passenger hall at ground level.
In any case, your choices of buildings are very tasty, I hope to see them in my cities!  :thumbsup:

art128

Thanks again for the feedback guys.

I had no plan to model the railway tracks anyway but just the platforms as separate props. I have a good idea in my head on how to do it nicely. I had to make the whole building higher to accommodate the L1 tracks. But it still looks OK. I will post more of it as I make progress.

Here's a modified version of the Pavilion of Portugal. I added bump maps to most textures, darkened the clean roof, and finally added some night lights. ( even some lights under the vault but they're not showing on the render... Will have to sort that out) I'm happy with this version so if there isn't any vote against, I'm going to go ahead and export it now.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

So I exported it (twice actually.)

But I get an issue:

It did it at first so i redid the LOD completely and re rendered it. Still the issue as above.

I checked inside the model file the "missing piece" (FSH I guess?) are indeed present....?

Do I have to redo the lods again and re render or can it be saved?

Props & Texture Catalog

Barroco Hispano

That happens to me very often when I export a very large boat, sometimes I fix it manually (It is a nightmare) but the best way is to make sure that the LOD is as close to the model as possible.

I also export my model with all parameters set to low minimum to make sure the FSHs fit well into the LOD and not waste my time rendering something that is probably wrong.

this is what one of my LODs looks like.

Barroco Hispano

art128

To me they appear to be as close as possible. I guess there is still some room for improvement.

Props & Texture Catalog

Barroco Hispano

Or maybe the LOD is too complex?

What I would do is move a few vertices and export the LODs again and see what happens.
Barroco Hispano