• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 TOOL Here we go again

Started by evarburg, March 25, 2020, 10:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evarburg

So, I bought the T-shirt... no, I bought a Windows Acer Laptop, (Win10) -- just in time for the Great Pandemic Confinement. I successfully reinstalled all my Simmeries on it, plugins and programs, which work fine ... except SC4 Tool, which is still not working. I reread the previous thread where we were talking about it, and I must confess my head is reeling. 32 bits, 64 bits, dlls and what not...

Could someone playing with Win 10 and using SC Tools please, please, tell me exactly what I need to do once the program is installed (authorization, dependencies, pathing.... whatEVER is is) and where to find the needed deps or patches if any ?

Meanwhile, I hope you'all are fine, although the news I get from the US are not exactly conducing to optimism. Take care and be safe !

eggman121

SC4 tools requires Administrator privileges and maybe a windows XP SP3 compatibility for it to function. (.dll's) and switching off the Aero theme may also help.

-eggman121

evarburg

O...K... and where/how do I find or access all that wonderful stuff ? :)

(NB : as before the Transit Enabling function is the only working one. Anything else goes to Freeze.)

evarburg

OK, and than you @eggman, with your instructions and rivit's help, I managed to solve my problem -- although Texture scanner doesn' seem to work, but hey, Dependenciy Tracker and Transit Enabling work, that's what I wanted !

No doubt I'll Be Back, but in the meantime, I'll just revel in my new working SC4 computer !  :P

evarburg

Just in case someone else has the same problems I had with SC4 Tool on WIndows 10 (and other versions of windows) and is desperately looking through various threads to find answers before asking directly, here is, visually, the procedure that helped me . Once SC4 Tool is installed go to the desktop shortcut (there should be one), clickright (first pict) go to Properties, then click on :-) (pict2) Thanks again, guys

evarburg

Quote from: evarburg on March 28, 2020, 08:07:01 AM
Giving back  ;) Just in case someone else has the same problems I had with SC4 Tool on Windows 10 (and other versions of windows) and is desperately looking through various threads to find answers before asking directly, here is, visually, the procedure that helped me. Once SC4 Tool is installed go to the desktop shortcut (there should be one), clickright (first pict) go to Properties, then click on :-) (pict2) Thanks again, guys

.... Why the heck aren't the pictures showing ? OK, other route :