• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bighead's road construction lots

Started by superhands, March 04, 2008, 10:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhands

After flicking through Tarkusain Cites (Tarkus's MD) and seeing how tarkus had planned an upgrade of a road to a dual carrige way, i was captured by the idea of road construction. it is quite simple. eye candy lots that look and feel like the begining of a new road. some new props might be on the cards. remember the lots are in the early stage of production.

firstly i began by scrolling through all the props in LE (plugins + maxis) and crearting a lot to work from (save as )so wouldn't waste time trying to find the props for the next lot.
using sfbt concrete pads i have found an effective way of creating freshly laid tarmac.

Tarkus

bighead, I'm ecstatic my MD was of some inspiration, and these are some absolutely fantastic lots you have here.  I really like what you've done!  I'll definitely be using them when you're done. :)

-Alex

RebaLynnTS

I can sure use this, will be keeping my eyes on it.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Ennedi

An excellent idea, please make more of them  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

superhands

this project will be fairly paced out over a couple of months.
might try some bats/props. of which may include:

bigger witches hats (maxis ones are prtty small)

water filled heavy road dividers

diagonal road construction lots.

at the moment, i'm using an overlay texture for the compacted sand which will hopefully be made into a base texture. a new tarmac text maybe in the pipeline for the project!

members of the community please leave your thoughts and ideas.

here are some pics

Alfred.Jones

Awesome Idea Bighead :)

Very simple yet effective.

I will definitely use these once you've finished ()stsfd()

Sim City 4 Devotion

RebaLynnTS

Most road widening construction like this I have seen has those big orange barrel type traffic cones. I like the idea, though, so please keep up the good work.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

superhands

here is something i cooked up when i was tackling garbage in "Brunswick". pop of around 81,000. (210,000 pop of adjacent cities)
yes.. i no it's not construction but it's a lot.

superhands

this thread is really turning into random creations and misc. work.

Adelaide-Crafers Highway in Australia has a short tunnel (which iv'e never been through). here is quick model that will hopefully improve as my batting skills take shape.

Real life:

Sim life:

freedo50

That's awesome, it would look great on the RHW - post it over at their thread to draw more attention to it.

Fred

Pat

Hey bighead looking real good and I wouldnt mind getting ahold of those construction lots as they are what I need to do what Im trying to work on...  the tunnel is looking real sweet... The only thing I would suggest is though you upload your pics to Imageshack or even photobucket to save on bandwidth... If you have any questions on how to use them let me know and I will be more then happy to help you out... - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

superhands

thanks for the advice pat. RL had limited the time I had on the net, but now thankfully, that will change so in future, i'll do that.

the construction lots are on hold for the moment due to texture modding problems! :-[

so i've begun work on a series of w2w shops and buildings to  develop my batting skills. :thumbsup:
early days yet...

the building just screamed a street scene

Pat

WOW Bighead that is something else that building, are you certain you are only a newbie batter lol..... Im still waiting those construction lots and btw whats the problem with it? is a matter of a conflict with the ID's?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

superhands

actually pat, it's simply extracting and uploading textures that is the problem. sc4tool and reader are both great tools but in my case, texture editiing is impossible >:(
in other words, i cant change format to jpeg/png in reader and sctool doesn't display textures or info at all. :'(

Pat

Ahh so you are trying to convert JPEG to PNG right?  if that is the case could you use simply MS Paint to do that and do save as or even what I use is Photo Filter (free edition) here [linkie]... I hope that might help you out....

superhands

well, sorry a .fsh file in fishman/reader. what i'm trying to do is extract the original texture and modify it. both programs on my computer have run into problems or errors. :-\

a sidestep....    a small lot (rather eye candy) that i would like to call a truck bay.

you can download it  here on the STEX

oldrogue

Very nice on everything......would love the construction lots....am trying to build a believable construction site on my current region and while it's ok, sure doesn't look as good as what youv'e got.

Just downloaded the truck parking area....usefull....thanks...
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.