• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problem with sea level.

Started by feyss, August 24, 2016, 10:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feyss

Hello guys,

I've got another problem (again...) with the game and I wanted to see if someone could find a solution.

I recently discovered how to change the sea level with the Reader tool. I wanted to connect my canals with the sea, so I changed the sea level to 268 (the level of the city). I went back often to 250 to build the harbour zone.

It worked perfectly well during a few days, then the water stays to its previous level (250) while it's written 268 in the terrain controller essentials file (I use the Meadowshire one).

Thanks in advance for your help  :thumbsup:

mgb204

Any chance a conflicting terrain properties exemplar is overriding the main one? For example something like a DJEM? Try moving the terrain files to load later than everything else and see if that resolves it.

feyss

I took a look at my plugin folder, I don't think I got other terrain files. Regarding a DJEM, I use the one coming with the terrain mod.

I already puted 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' before the folder name before I had this problem, so it's supposed to be the last folder to load.

matias93

In fact, the game considers, for example, that z___last loads after zzzzzz_last. Try exchanging 'z's with underscores

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

feyss

So mgb204, you're right, it's indeed the DJEM (zzz_ENN_CP_Meadowshire_Terrain_HigherSnowPatchDJEM.dat) the problem.

I changed the property in the DJEM file as well.

Thank you both for the help  :thumbsup: