• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New non replacement plane automata

Started by xannepan, November 15, 2012, 03:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Just awesome  &apls &apls  Now I'm glad I've waited to build an airport until now  ;D

NCGAIO

()stsfd() &apls &apls Great job ... is fantastic to see the patience and dedication that you had in to experience the data even with so thing much missing in Effdir

Congratulations your  perseverance to complete  work ... ( Twinge of jealousy :'(  )

One little tip ... work on animation sometimes does not have the widespread recognition due to having no direct influence on the game. ( Eg: Sims not fly over the cities ) beyond all known issues to run on some conditions.

So do not get discouraged (like me) if by chance you do not have the expected impact about the projects. New things are always welcome and help to keep the game alive.

xannepan

Thanks guys! NCGAIO thank you for your kind words. I won't worry too much by people that don't like it, and focus on those that are enthusiastic! Besides, I like puzzle solving. And I just cracked another nut... I now know how to control the planes coordinate system. This means I have full control of flight path. Even cooler: i can also make the planes taxi on the runway. The problem of the latter is that it will be a hard coded path in the effdir... With no way to follow the runways as laid out in the game... Not quite sure how to handle this...
Anyway.. Much fine tuning needed...

Other cool things: I have slight increased size and brightness of the planes port lights etc... Works much better now with dark night mods etc.

-alex

Lowkee33

QuoteWith no way to follow the runways as laid out in the game... Not quite sure how to handle this...

This is the sort of thing I have been thinking about.  We should be able to make attractors and repulsers for these effects (place a soccer field and watch, the players are attracted to the ball, which is repulsed by the players).  I've been thinking about heavy machinery that actually moves around a Lot with a purpose.

xannepan

Lowkee... what a fantastic idea!... it would open up so much possibilities! I already feel the urge tp start to explore :D

Anyway here is a quick vid from the planes... look at planes landing on the green strips for the altered paths (only at the end of the landing).
http://youtu.be/PngKO5M-j70

Oh..just thinking diagonal landing certainly belongs to the possibilities... now I have the paths undercontrol it is not a problem. Just a lot of work :(

Mmmm.. not sure if AC team place was the best location for these posts... I never expected to get this far when I started... Any ideas for a better location.. or just leave it here?

-Alex

NCGAIO

I think that while in developing  you could keep him here. Certainly AC would be more appropriate to put the mods finalized and disseminated as appropriate..

If you think of considering the path of taxiing aircraft to the terminal for a landing or takeoff, then I see no other way to do it except a that you have quoted.

Follow paths would only be possible using a network existing in  game and riding an illusion as the used for the CAN-AM or paths created for parts as I would  do for a horserace. Link
- - www.youtube.com/watch

In this case as the airport runways are always away from other networks rarely occur  the presence of other automatons beyond those belonging to the group created to use them.

Here a more futuristic model  by Srainy to more visual impact in tests and developments

"$Deal"$  - Airbus Concept Plane

The attractors and repellers work on already attracted some attention previously as seen here

"$Deal"$  - How to make automata follow routes? By blockers or attractors?

Relevant information is also on the Wiki Devotion ..

"$Deal"$  - http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=LUAObject

xannepan

I have uploaded a version of the Air Traffic Controller mod for scrutineering to the private lex.  On my laptop all seems to work fine but I really need some input on how to continue and improve (I am really exhausted by this... spend way too many time on this :P). I hope also to get some feedback from advanced modders, it would really be appreciated, and full recognition will be given once I upload off course...

BTW: I temporarily used Sainry's fantastic plane models and send him a pm to ask for permission to include his plane models in this mod (and give him proper recognition off course). I don't have permission yet.. but think it is okay to upload to private lex for testing.

Note the mod is not ready. I need to include many placeholders for additional planes that can then be added later on. It's a lot of repetitious work but otherwise won't effect the mod.

-Alex

http://sc4devotion.com/bsclex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1228

xannepan

Guys, I have a bit of an issue. As mentioned I need to include plane models in my 'air traffic controller' mod. And I used Srainy's models from the STEX. I did contact him to ask if I could use his models and he replied. The problem is he hardly speaks any English and communication is extremely difficult... At this moment I couldn't make out if he understood my question, or that in his response he agreed for me to use the models.

I need some suggestions on how to progress...

noahclem

Sainry is Chinese right? I just PMed a Chinese friend on site asking if he might be able to lend a hand  :thumbsup:

xannepan

NCGAIO

&idea It's easier to talk to FANTA that did the upload of the model that I mentioned up above in site SCcn.

Already swapped posting in English that he understood perfectly and can help you with Sainry... besides that he also have a excellent turboprop model for replacement. - LINK

()sad()  It's a shame not to know more about the mod as this only in private Lex.

Anyway ... good luck with the launch  ()stsfd()

Lowkee33

I haven't had a chance to get in-game, but it looks like you did some serious work with the effect dir.

&apls

jmdude1

this looks amazing. after so many years there are still great things to be found.

this will make a lot of airplane (and simcity) fans very, very happy.  &apls

excellent work xannepan!

weixc812

Quote from: NCGAIO on November 24, 2012, 03:45:46 PM

&idea It's easier to talk to FANTA that did the upload of the model that I mentioned up above in site SCcn.

Already swapped posting in English that he understood perfectly and can help you with Sainry... besides that he also have a excellent turboprop model for replacement. - LINK

()sad()  It's a shame not to know more about the mod as this only in private Lex.
This idea is great, since FANTA is very close to Sainry.
And let's wait and see if I can offer some help too.  :)
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

xannepan

Quote from: NCGAIO on November 24, 2012, 03:45:46 PM

I'll send you a PM with a wetransfer link. The more feedback I can get the better.

Same goes for contacting sainry and hopefully get his permission. Any help I can get there is very much appreciated. Without his permission it will take much longer before this can be released.

Progress is a bit slow as I am transferring to a new laptop...and I am completely frustrated on why I can't get the sounds to work  :bomb: >:( :bomb: >:(

NCGAIO

Well .. I've posted the link above FANTA but if you have not noticed here goes again

"$Deal"$  - http://simcity.cn/space-uid-9708.html

Try contact him because both are known ScCn and nobody better to help you.

The moders there of the ScCn often get upset with the posting of their models or modifications of them here (in the West), without due acknowledgment of "fatherhood".

Therefore it is easier to contact  with Fanta explaining the reasons for annexation of the model instead of citing it as dependency and let him explain to Sainry.

If you try and do not have sucess then maybe I can try to post it also ok!

xannepan

Found out something about the sounds. Apparently they only play if you zoom out, albeit very faint. Perhaps there is a property (HLS file, TLO file?)that defines the zoom levels at which sounds play. If there is anybody that is aware of such property pls let me know. Otherwise I'd have to do some boring exploration work myself...

I have made a start with diagonal runways. The easiest way to go is probably to copy what I have right now, give it another effect name and IID and another instance for the effectdir. I'm working on a script to calculate the coordinates for the flight paths. If that works fractionated angle flight paths shouldn't be a problem either. The only thing I cannot seem to control in a completely predictable way is the speed by which the planes travel between defined coordinate points. Speed is controlled by at least a combination of sequence numbers and effect duration. But It still requires to much trial and error to get that right for my taste :(

And there is still that mysterious pointer to the earth quake properties which has me puzzled...

xannepan

FYI: I have posted an updated version of the mod on the private lex.

xannepan

Another update has been posted to the private lex. I now have diagonal and fractioned angle flight paths included. There is an issue however with the landing part for diagonal and fractioned angle. The landing actually is composed out of two parts, a descend path and a landing path. The latter controls how planes move after touch down. Unfortunately, for diagonal and fractioned angles this part doesn't show. After many days of trial and error I have no clue what is causing the problem.

Sigh... I hit the post button... get an idea... and yes... problem solved!

Anyway; as far as I can tell these mods are stable and work as desired. I really could use some feedback before release however, so any comments would be much appreciated.

Alex