• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC General Support Thread

Started by Voltaire, December 20, 2007, 09:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMT

Quote from: Voltaire on May 18, 2012, 12:40:58 PM
Let me know which operating system you have, and I can help you find out. The information is in different places, depending on your version of Windows.

taken that we're talking a windows pc, the easiest way to find out would be to run dxdiag via start -> run -> type "dxdiag" and hit enter (XP) or start -> type "dxdiag" into the searchbox and run the exe that pops up as a result (vista, 7)
it gives a window with pretty much everything performance related, and on the 2nd tab (display) it gives info on both the graphics card itself aswell as the current drivers installed.

... really, it is. I swear.

shinkansen1

Quote from: GMT on May 18, 2012, 03:49:43 PM
Quote from: Voltaire on May 18, 2012, 12:40:58 PM
Let me know which operating system you have, and I can help you find out. The information is in different places, depending on your version of Windows.

taken that we're talking a windows pc, the easiest way to find out would be to run dxdiag via start -> run -> type "dxdiag" and hit enter (XP) or start -> type "dxdiag" into the searchbox and run the exe that pops up as a result (vista, 7)
it gives a window with pretty much everything performance related, and on the 2nd tab (display) it gives info on both the graphics card itself aswell as the current drivers installed.
There is no "Run" option from the start menu. The closest is "Search programs and files" at the very bottom. My operating system is Windows 7 on a Gateway CPU.

GMT

hm maybe I was a little confusing in showing the way... again the related part
Quote from: GMT on May 18, 2012, 03:49:43 PM
[...]start -> type "dxdiag" into the searchbox and run the exe that pops up as a result (vista, 7) [...]

so you click on the start menu icon on the lower left and the whole menu pops up, right above the start menu icon should be a text field in which you type "dxdiag" (without quotes of course) and it should come as a search result... just hit enter and it should start, or click on the search result.

if this doesnt work for whatever reason, hit the combination "windows-key + r " which should give you the oldfashioned run option like it was under XP... same here, type "dxdiag" and hit enter

Voltaire

Quote from: shinkansen1 on May 18, 2012, 08:21:42 PM
There is no "Run" option from the start menu. The closest is "Search programs and files" at the very bottom

Right, as GMT pointed out this is where you can type "dxdiag", and on Windows 7 you'll need to double-click dxdiag.exe in the search results. Then, press the third tab to bring up the Display screen (this example is from my laptop):

The left-hand group gives the hardware information... and the right side shows the active software driver.

My laptop has integrated video (not a video card), but it's able to run SC4 in hardware mode due to good memory and CPU power. Point being, SC4 can be done without a video card, but only if other parts of the computer are helping to share the load.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

shinkansen1

First are the system specifications...

And here are the display specifications...

GMT

ok so you're playing on intel integrated chipsets.
so you're suspicion was sort of right, you don't have a graphics card in common sense, but a graphics chip.
with WAY OUTDATED drivers; almost 2 years old, timestamped august 2010
if I am not mistaken, this should be the most recent drivers for your setup:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20601&keyword=%22g45%22&lang=eng
please doublecheck this before installing, I'm not that familiar with intel graphics accelerators, therefore can't say for sure if this is it

EDIT: I recommend you give the automatic detection a try to make sure you get the correct one http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu

Voltaire

^^ Updating the drivers is always a good idea, try that first.

Based on those screenshots, the compute power of your hardware isn't the issue... in fact your chipset is the same Intel Series 4 as my laptop. And your CPU and RAM are more than adequate too.

Looking around the threads here, seems there are many folks talking about Windows 7. Among those threads, the most common suggestions for improving how SC4 runs on 64-bit Windows 7:
   - run SC4 under "XP Mode" or "Compatibility Mode"
   - force SC4 to use a single core of the CPU

This thread sounds full of potential solutions to try.

I don't have Windows 7 myself, so unfortunately that's as far as I can help.

shinkansen1

Quote from: GMT on May 21, 2012, 09:43:41 AM
ok so you're playing on intel integrated chipsets.
so you're suspicion was sort of right, you don't have a graphics card in common sense, but a graphics chip.
with WAY OUTDATED drivers; almost 2 years old, timestamped august 2010
if I am not mistaken, this should be the most recent drivers for your setup:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20601&keyword=%22g45%22&lang=eng
please doublecheck this before installing, I'm not that familiar with intel graphics accelerators, therefore can't say for sure if this is it

EDIT: I recommend you give the automatic detection a try to make sure you get the correct one http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu

Well, I have tried running the update and restarting the computer. Unfortunately, the glitch persists. So I am now going to look at some of Voltaire's suggestions.

EDIT: Running in compatibility mode did not solve the issue either...

How am I able to force SC4 to run on a single core?

fafalone

Your catalog list is missing the CRJ jets on modular lots that came as part of the ACB VLT Terminals and Jets Series 1 Part 1 release.

After seeing a nice looking Delta CRJ-900 on the pre-fab that wasn't lotted I started looking for what else still wasn't lotted, then realizing according to the catalog there should only be 2 ACTeam CRJ lots, and the 'that can't be right' feeling kicked in.

Voltaire

Not sure what you mean, there are a total of 10 CRJ lots in the catalog, mostly from Series 1. The latest two CRJ-900's are also lotted. For example, the CRJ-200 listing (the CRJ-700 and -900 listings follow the same pattern):

Bombardier CRJ-200
v2.0 on modular Lots, August 2007           <<<< lotted release
(ACB VLT Terminals & Jets Series 1)
dependency re-release, December 2008      <<<< non-lotted re-release of same SC4MODEL's
(AC MEGA Props Vol02)

J-Air (JAL)
Pinnacle (Northwest, silver)

v2.7 dependency release, December 2008           <<<< specialized renders for prefabs
(AC MEGA Props Vol04)

Air Wisconsin (US Airways, white)
ASA (Delta)
Chautauqua (Continental)
SkyWest (Midwest)
Pinnacle (Northwest, 1990s)

GMT

Am I missing something or isn't there a diagonal taxiway deadend piece? like the end corner piece for straights, just diagonal?

edit: nvm, one can improvise with 1x1 diagonal fillers

Voltaire

If memory serves, it can be built from diagonal large wedges, the same large wedge used to build straight sections, but set back-to-back.

GMT

nycsc4

Hey guys, had a quick question for you.

Is there some sort of jetway extender or actual jetway that fits these pieces?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/screenshot20130424at845.png/

I feel like there has to be something out there to solve this!

Thanks!

Voltaire

I remember SCAG made a 1x1 piece filling that role, but not sure of which release. The purpose of the extender was to carry jetbridges over airport roads -- perhaps it was in the TMIP set?

RepublicMaster

There is a bridge in the ARIP. But some SCAG 777s have longer airbridges that overhang the lot.

omer584

There is NO Lights at ACB VLT Terminals at Night

Hello everybody, you can see the problem from picture:

There is no light at terminal at night. I tried Day N Night mod but still same.

I am waiting your answers how I can open lights, Thank you.

APSMS

Do you have the EP1 update (available on this site) that allows nitelights for custom content? That is most likely the issue here (note that it is not necessarily the game patch which updates the game's .exe file to v1.1640 or 638 [region dependent]).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

omer584

Quote from: APSMS on September 12, 2013, 09:50:03 PM
Do you have the EP1 update (available on this site) that allows nitelights for custom content? That is most likely the issue here (note that it is not necessarily the game patch which updates the game's .exe file to v1.1640 or 638 [region dependent]).

OK I found EP1 update from forum and I downloaded, when I try to install it says "Old File Not found However a file of same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match" . It gives this message while upgrading Graphics Rules.spg

Then it says congratulations, it updated (build 638).

After all I still cannot see the lights of terminals and jetways

Indiana Joe

Quote from: omer584 on September 13, 2013, 06:06:26 AM
Quote from: APSMS on September 12, 2013, 09:50:03 PM

OK I found EP1 update from forum and I downloaded, when I try to install it says "Old File Not found However a file of same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match" . It gives this message while upgrading Graphics Rules.spg

Then it says congratulations, it updated (build 638).

After all I still cannot see the lights of terminals and jetways

You actually need two patches:  the EP1 update and the Nightlight patch.  EP1 will update you to 1.1.638, and the Nightlight patch will upgrade you to 1.1.640.  You need to install them in the correct order.

Also remember that you can only update your game if it has not been altered (such as a cracked game).