• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show Us Your...Sunken Networks & Overpasses!

Started by Exla357, April 04, 2011, 02:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exla357

I see a lot of Show Us Your threads but not one of these. Anything sunken, rail, GLR, freeways, etcetera, let's see them! I'll post a few of my own shortly.

Risu

I'm pretty sure you're not s'posta start a thread without pics here. "$Deal"$ Just saying.

Exla357

Yeah, I would but I'm currently having some major CTD issues. I'm looking for the suspect plugin as we speak.

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

GMT

You want some sunken network? why not take it at face value? here you go:

what about the network you ask? scusi.

sunken, like I said already.

I ran into some terrain problems leading a highway under my airport and immediately thereafter to the north so I can reach the airport's terminal area.
What made it even worse was the residential development and the higher ground. what I came up with was a sunken highway curve area which tore thru the residentials.
Didn't liked it either so I tried to create the illusion of a single but curved highway tunnel. And thanks to diggy's ponds which offer 2 tiles of overhanging water (you know how hard it is to find something ground covering with more than 1 overhanging tile?) I was able to transfer the area into an artifical water reservoir perfectly hiding the highway below.

... really, it is. I swear.

noahclem

@ catty - Nice use of the new(ish) sunken GLR  :thumbsup:

@ GMT - Very nice concept, I'm sure your sims enjoy a nice lake view a bit more than a noisy motorway!  &apls  I've been planning something similar for a rail line connecting my central terminus to a future ferry tile in a neighboring tile that doesn't lie on the current rail line--except placed under Maxis water by temporarily lowering the sea level (see my tutorial appendix for how that can be done). Since it has to cross a city border and travel diagonally there's no other solution for my rail, besides converting it to subway which I prefer not to do.

Something old from me (the 2nd picture from my 1st MD entry actually):

Although this scene from my central tile has changed quite a bit since then I'm still proud of the old layout.

catty

Quote from: noahclem on June 27, 2011, 09:58:14 AM
Although this scene from my central tile has changed quite a bit since then I'm still proud of the old layout.

very nice   &apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

thornyjohny

Does the Sunken GLR really work or is just eye-candy?

Girafe

Quote from: thornyjohny on July 16, 2011, 05:48:16 AM
Does the Sunken GLR really work or is just eye-candy?

it works for NOB's pieces
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

thornyjohny

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

FrankU