• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cattala | Last Update: 21st November 2012

Started by ThomasK, April 09, 2011, 01:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

netmod

Aww... I missed a few updates, nice work  :thumbsup:

Jennai's 1 million wow! I can't wait for it now  :'(
mooooooooooooooooo...

kelis

Amazing region my friend  &apls &apls Keep up the good work.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Nanami

ThomasK

Tomas Neto: Thanks! I hope you like the NEW! update, which is actually new, coming up below.

netmod: Thank you, and welcome back. At the moment updates are coming thick and fast, since I'm catching you guys up to what's been happening lately. Soon they'll slow down again.
And Jennai will be a massive project. I'm quite anxious about how it will come out.

Kelis: Thank you, and welcome to Cattala. I hope you stick around! :)

976: Hi Dryan! Thanks again! Now it's time for Update 43: Bringing Up the Past.

Today we've got a slightly different update. Recently I updated the History thread with some images of the past in Cattala. For this update, I'm going to show you those images, without the boring text. I hope this follows SC4Devotion rules, I know that you frown upon getting real life nations involved in events, but since this is a history that's very much based on Sicily/Malta, most of it is realistic and things such as unification and the 1943 liberation did occur in real life, in places around Cattala's location.

Here we see how most Cattalian's lived in the early 19th century. Most people were employed in agriculture, and the very poorest were subsistence farmers.

Once the British colonised Cattala in 1814, Ontano Island's agricultural industry boomed as local delicacies became popular with the wealthy immigrants, and vast swathes of the island was renamed as two central towns were created – Aldoak and Brunswick.

Celestine, now known as Celeste, had lost its status as the seat of the Royal Family, and much of the north of the city was absorbed by Calora, and only the northern town of Vittorius remained affluent as the rest of the city lost it's wealth and aristocratic citizens.

Following Italian unification in 1861, Cattala was seized by Italian forces and spent half a century in poverty and depression as the wealth of the British Crown dried up. Cattala continued to descend into economic ruin after the First World War, and a violent uprising took place. The Rome-employed President of Cattala was publically executed and the Union Flag was hoisted above his residence as a symbol of this declaration.

Harvests picked up in the 1930s, as the rural population levelled out and drought ended. However the next war would devastate Cattala.

Following Axis invasion, occupation and devastation, and a counter-invasion in 1943 by British and American troops, Cattala was liberated and reconstruction began. Here we see the repaired Parliament, with most of Celeste having been rebuilt so that work on creating a new Government and economy could begin.

The monarchy was also re-introduced, with Marco Bonnecelli, the grand-nephew of the former King, taking the crown.

The Church of Cattala was reformed and brought into line with the Catholic Church, and entered full communion with it's Roman brother for the first time in over two centuries.

In the Sixties, the country moved away from agriculture as it's main industry, and new technologies such as nuclear and finance grew rapidly as Cattala became a modern, Western society, with massive English influence.

By the 1990s, the public sector was lagging behind and was inefficient. A new political party, Il Popolo, took control of the country for 10 years, and made massive investments are reforms to education, security, healthcare and the military.

Nanami

wow.. nice detailed history! &apls
(Pertamax!! ()stsfd() )

peter007

Great pictures.
The picture with the flag blended in it is very nice.

-Ernst

Reikhardt

I think that's my favourite update that you've done, some fantastic photo editing, I really love the one with the super-imposed Union Jack  &apls  &apls

Tomas Neto

ThomasK

976: Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Peter007: Thank you, and I really like that image too. It's also in my favourite area of Cattala.

Reikhardt: Thank you! It's great to hear that you enjoyed this update and the editing on it.

Tomas Neto: Thank you for commenting. I hope you enjoy today's catch-up update - Update 40: Rocking it up to Fourty

Good evening and welcome back to North Ontano for a quick update. Today we're starting off east of Aldoak, in the small hamlet of Olieva Rock. Olieva is a tiny, coastal place where only a few farmers and their families live. The local railway station is the only real link to the outside world.

Now it's time to see a mosaic from Aldoak village itself. I hope you enjoy it.

To end this 40th update, we're taking a peek at all of the Cattala cities ever featured – Aldoak, Brunswick, Calora, Celeste, Eurellia, Rhodes, Seina and San Pietro.

peter007

Great Update.

Nice overview BTW

-Ernst

ThomasK

Peter: Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Now it's time to take a look at Update 44: Celeste | Amadeus without Mozart.

Starting off today's proceedings we have a short mosaic of Franogei, and Victoria Palace. Now we get a sense of how close the Palace is to Cattala's wealthiest district.

However Victoria Palace is not a part of Franogei. Welcome to Amadeus, the pinnacle of Celeste. Cattala's three most powerful families currently live here.

Victoria Palace was constructed by Prince Amadeus of Celestine in 1865, and was dedicated to Queen Victoria. Amadeus reigned and died here, and ever since then, this Palace has been the home of Cattala's head of state. It was reclaimed by the monarchy in 1919 following the revolution, and again in 1951 when the monarchy was re-instated.

To the south-east of Victoria Palace is the home of the Divine Soul of the Church, the head of the Cattalian Catholic Church. He is the third most powerful person in Cattala, behind the Queen and the political leader, Lord Celestine.

Prince Amadeus also constructed a vast manor house for his wife, Marie, to live in once he had died. The Solium is now the home of Lord Celestine, the head of the Cattalian Government.

Here we see the vast estate that is the Solium, and the view from the grand windows of the manor house. The wealthiest homes of Franogei also border this land. In the 19th century, the Lords and Ladies of Cattala lived in these homes.

To end today's update, we see the view from the northern sides of both Victoria Palace and the Solium. I hope you enjoyed seeing the fourth district of Celeste.

Tomas Neto

Wow...!!! Fantastic work!!! I liked a lot both updates, my friend!!!   &apls

netmod

Very Nice  &apls

But the sea wall looks upsidedown  :D
mooooooooooooooooo...

peter007

Spacy(¿) area. Nice job Thomas.

I enjoy every update form you

-Ernst

ThomasK

Replies: Thank you Tomas, Netmod and Peter. It's great to see that you all liked the new area of Celeste. I hope you like this new area too; this is Update 45: Marcillera Mornings.

Welcome back to Cattala's second largest city. It's been three months since we last visited Calora, and today we're looking at the south-eastern suburb of Marcillera.

Marcillera is an old beachfront town that hugs the eastern coast of Cattala. It's a very popular area with tourists, but at this time of the morning the town remains very quiet.

The majority of Marcillera's income comes from tourism and therefore the funding for coastal defences, such as the sea wall that we see here, are dependent on how successful the town is during summer months.

To end today's update, we're going to take a peek at Marcillera Beach first thing in the morning. I'm trying something new here with the tree line, so advice and guidance on how to improve that would be great.

Tomas Neto

Great update, very nice city!!!

RickD

Nice pictures. Love the beach.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

peter007

Nice update.
I like the terrocotta color houses. They look very good

-Ernst

rooker1

Some great work here. 
You're an updating machine! &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kwakelaar

The tree line looks good to me, I am not sure what you are trying to achieve.
Both last updates shows some very ordered cityscapes, looks nice.