• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Greater Featherstall: Salford

Started by wallasey, June 20, 2011, 06:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantes

Beautiful terraced houses. :)  I would like several parts of the city next to each other better.  :P

wallasey

Bat: Thanks mate!

Adetsaj: Thanks for commenting bud!

supremec: I hope the next few updates will be to your liking! Thanks for commenting!

jibjohn: There is still a long way to go! To answer your question, the building blocker is all I use. However I know there are various blockers out there. Which one do you use?

noahclem: Thanks for your kind words! I do have some plans for the region and how it can expand! Watch this space!

Tomas Neto:
Good to see you pop by again! Thanks for posting!

976: Thanks for coming by!

art128: Thanks for your generous comments! I try to ensure each building suits their surroundings!

Are you thinking about connecting the streets to the avenue? I have purposefully left the avenue unhindered as it is meant to be a small inner relief route (we will see it in the next update!) . Can you see where I am coming from or would a Google SV link be helpful?

Dantes:I will do my best!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have a bit of a colossal update planned...so much so I have decided to split it into 2.

Today, I thought it would be fun to take in a cross section of the region which is currently developed, so I have planned a ride on one of the local bus services which operates across town.

Following the UK model, buses around the Featherstall City Region are dereulated, so the operator has the say on what the bus service does...where it goes...fare levels ect. The Transport Co-Ordinators (GFITA) are tasked with co-ordinate services, provide bus shelters and infrastructure as well as print the timetables. An example of which is below.

I hope you enjoy the ride...we will do the first leg to Braithwaite bus station then continue on from there in the next update.....there is some road signage too!

I hope this didn't take an age to load! We will resume the Norbreck leg in the next update where there will be more row houses and town centre views!

Look after yourselves!

Tomas Neto

RickD

I like the signs very much. Really well done.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

jibjohn

Another brilliant update! I'm also only using the building blocker, but the uk terraces i mentioned earlier will plop but STILL WILL NOT GROW!
John

Sciurus

Great work around this update! You add realism with the signs, that's nice. :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

The signs, as said above are really wonderful. Very nice bus tour there Wallasey.

-Arthur. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Adetsaj

What a nice journey with bus,  :)  i enjoyed so much  :) , and also i like the bus station  &apls
nice update :thumbsup:  &apls

The Beautiful empire, of Gardarian

And call me Daniel

bat

Great bus-tour there!
Looking forward to more... :)

wallasey

Tomas Neto: Thanks! I hope you like the next leg just as much!

RickD: Thanks for commenting! I hope the signs act as a way of giving a "sence of place" if you know what I mean?

jibjohn: All I would suggest is either using a different blocker....or moving them out of folders. Sometimes the files are so deep in a folder they don't get chosen to build!

Sciurus: Thanks or commenting! I hope you will be on the bus for the next leg!

art128: Cheers for that bud!

Adetsaj: There's more to come! I hope you will be on the top deck looking out over the town!

bat: Your wish is my command! Thanks for coming by!!

------

Time to return to our second leg of our ride to Norbreck.

We left the last update in Braithwaite Bus Station, a guide of which is below.

bat

Another great bus-tour! Wonderful views of your citie(s)!! :thumbsup:

Nanami

wallasey

976 & bat Thanks for coming by and commenting! Your postings mean a lot!

Question

I have gotten onto developing more of Featherstall City itself....would you like to see this or complete the tour...which admittedly must be the longest bus ride in Sim City history!

Up to you great people!

noahclem

I've missed a lot of awesome work!  &apls &apls

I'm really liking the bus tour concept--reminds me of Skimbo's nice train tours in Dragon Islands. The signs are also very nice and really add to the character of your MD. Your transit network is very nicely put together and a pleasure to tour. The only thing I'd suggest with that is smoothing out slopes in a couple areas, though overall you've done a really nice job building on hilly areas which is a very challenging part of the game.

As a small detail, I'd also recommend this file to get rid of the "bridge wash" effect below your lovely bridges: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1925

Looking forward to more  :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

wallasey

Noahclem: Thanks for coming by! Yeah I see what you mean there, those rail tours are great! I am really glad you think that about the signs, they are me trying to bring over the sense of place. Which I believe is very important! Yeah, I will do some work on the slopes, I want there to be a few steep scenes as it would bring a Sheffield feel to the city. Can you see what I mean?

Thanks for the advise! The Ripptide Mod has been downloaded!!

Thomas Neto: Thanks for your continued support!

Teaser time....

Adetsaj

Fantastic Teaser!  &apls I like your photoshopped picture &apls &apls, and also nice sightseeing tour with the bus. Sorry, i forgot to give a comment on your previous update  ;D sorry

--Daniel--

The Beautiful empire, of Gardarian

And call me Daniel

Dantes

The image editing is really great. Successful teaser.  :)

noahclem

Nice teaser, I like the golden, sunset color of the photos  :thumbsup:

I see what you mean about Sheffield and you've done a nice job recreating that feel. I actually didn't mean that the roads were too steep but that there were a couple places where they look "wrinkly".

Looking forward to more....

Tomas Neto