• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIM-X Bug on Win7 SP1 - Fixed!

Started by CasperVg, January 03, 2012, 10:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondracorn

Quote from: Gondracorn on August 30, 2014, 03:29:51 AM
I got this error when moving the files:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3136, in OnBeginDrag
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 50, in __getitem__
KeyError

I don't know why this is happening. I tried Running in Compatability mode and as Administrator.

I'll try to add parameters and see if it helps.

I will get back to you soon

Appears any parameters don't change a thing. Something's wrong with these files. I'm on Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

vortext

More likely you're doing something that's not possible, e.g. make a rci desc out of a prop desc. Perhaps you could provide some more info what you were doing and with which files. 
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

CasperVg

I think vortext is right, you may just be trying to perform an action (dragging a file somewhere?) where PIM-X doesn't support it.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Gondracorn

I'm Trying To Drag a File called CO$$$30_4NYBuilding1_0577 from the CO$$$30x22_5_5000008C in the Named Families (Families) Folder to the Jail Folder.

Is this right? Or am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to create a ploppable jail custom lot with this file.

vortext

yeah, that's not gonna work. You need to look up the actual building model at the top and drag it to the jail category. See Creating the Building Exemplar from a BAT Model. Even though in your case it's not a growable you're after, the principle is the same for creating jail, or a school, or, well, any kind of building really. 
time flies like a bird

vester

Quote from: Gondracorn on August 30, 2014, 06:18:20 AM
I'm Trying To Drag a File called CO$$$30_4NYBuilding1_0577 from the CO$$$30x22_5_5000008C in the Named Families (Families) Folder to the Jail Folder.

Is this right? Or am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to create a ploppable jail custom lot with this file.

Please use the right thread:    
PIMX Official support thread

tfinvold

The bug fix included in here seems to point to exactly that file as the problem even though I already replaced the file with your current file... I first had a wazoo of random bugs and the program would never actually start and still doesn't but now I get this error screen.. See attachment below... ()what()

v7012

Hi people, I don't know why but I still can't start the PIM !! ...  ()sad() :'(
I think I did what I have to do, I downloaded the PIM itself ( &apls ), then I downloaded the update v1.0, and then the file for fixing the bug in this discussion.

BUT! still nothing when I try to open it. I tried to put it in compatibility for Windows XP Pack 2 or 3, to run it as administrator but no...  :(

So I'm asking if somebody has a solution or knows where I did sh*t. Only one point maybe make me doubt, is in the readme of the bugfix file, where it is said to put the new file in C:\Program Files\SC4PIM\ directory but me I don't have any Directory file in my SC4PIM file. So I put it directly in the SC4PIM file and it asked me if I wanted to replace the other one, to what I said yes of course. But no effect when I try to start it...
Thank you guys for still trying to help disabled people like me after years ...

LReyomeXX

My issue is with ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading tools3D.pyd on Terraformer

Also get an error when trying to open the library.zip file, something about invalid

Windows 10 64-Bit, tried running in XP SP3 compatibility mode and Windows 7 compatibility mode with admin privileges both times

vortext

It's normal the library zip cannot be opened. Instead multiarray.pyd should be placed in the TF installation folder. Also make sure the proper dll files are in there as well, especially msvcp71.dll. Finally I'm on win8.1 and run it in XP SP2 compatibility mode, could give that a go. 
time flies like a bird

dannyd1993

Quote from: docj101 on May 10, 2013, 10:54:27 PM
I am running Win8 64bit.  I was getting this error when starting PIMx:

QuoteTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 96, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I tried putting the new multiarray.pyd file into my SC4PIM folder and it didn't change my results. 

I changed my compatibility settings to: run in compatibility mode for 'WinXP (service pack 2)' and 'run program as administrator', now the program works perfectly again. 

Just thought I would mention this in case somebody else forgot about compatibility settings like I had momentarily.

I am getting the same message here. I am running windows 10. Tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7, and XP sp2. Same message. I tried the patch mentioned at the beginning of this thread and that didn't work either. Reinstalled and only added the New Properties XML. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

twalsh102

Make sure the .dlls mentioned in the very first post of the PIMX Official support thread (http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=9279.0) are downloaded and placed in the PIM-X installation folder. 

I just transferred all my stuff from a Win 7 computer to a new Win 10 computer, and initially had the same problem after reinstalling PIM-X.  Following the instructions for the .dlls fixed the problem.

dannyd1993

FoxtrotF

Hello, I'm facing same error. Also with SC4DataPacker. Any ideas what can try next? I did every possible manipulations with mentioned dlls, their versions x64, x86, Reinstalled all  the C++ Redistributionals. But app dint't launch. no error, or logs, nothing. I check Event Viewer it stated, that wxWidgets "wxbase28uh_vc.dll" is a failing module, I downloaded and replaced this dll. And after that, application started to throw eror and log file with:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 96, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Any ideas what libraries I need to install, may be wxWidgets?

mgb204

Literally the very last problem/fix was identical to yours. So I suspect perhaps you don't have the right file, use the one in the link and you should be fine. Review the posts just above yours all the info is there.