• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Internal error : DecodeLD (Size > 255)

Started by powerpill-pacman, October 22, 2009, 04:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powerpill-pacman

When i want to open the attched file in Leprop, it doesn't open. When opening in Ilive Reader, it opens, but eventually i get the error stated in the subject (Internal error : DecodeLD (Size > 255)).
I already created some lots with the props from the "Thing-rows" (i created them from the original lots available on the STEX). They all work when i only use one of the houses on a lot. But when using two something seems to go wrong.
Does anyone know what the problem is?

RippleJet

Try deleting the LD file in Reader, reindex and save.
Then open it in LE again and save... see if it still produces the same error in Reader after that.

powerpill-pacman

RippleJet

Where did you find the building for this lot?
The Instance ID of the building is d7eb4ad4, and that should appear in the building's SC4Desc file.
I suspect that filename contains invalid characters, maybe chinese or japanese?

powerpill-pacman

The building is in one of those: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?p=files&keyword=The_New_Thing&view=all
Don't know which exactly, but i get the problem with each of the buildings.

BarbyW

What is the name of the blank building you used for this lot? It is not one of The New Thing's dummy buildings. I cannot check this in LE or SC4PIM correctly without the model and desc for the building.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

powerpill-pacman

I can't say which one i used, because i cannot open the file. In LE it is not shown in the "open file-menu" and when opening in IReader i get the error.
I've made a new one using this one:
THINGd-terrace6dgt1-0x6534284a-0xf7df8858-0x77eb217e.SC4Desc
It doesn't open in LEProp either.

BarbyW

The attached file has the same building exemplar -0xD7EB4AD4 - referenced as the other one so as I do not have that model or desc I cannot open it in LE.
I also cannot find THINGd-terrace6dgt1-0x6534284a-0xf7df8858-0x77eb217e.SC4Desc in any of the files that I downloaded from the link you gave above.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

powerpill-pacman

That is really strange...
I deleted all the Thingrows and my lots.
After reinstalling them everything works as it should.
Thanks very much for trying to help me on this. I hope you don't mind the wasted time.