• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terring's Terrible Lots!!

Started by Terring7, February 13, 2010, 10:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

The only way to have only SimMars buildings in your city is to remove any other grownable building. Not recommend, unless you like a lot of repetition. You guess right, you can have the SimMars buildings without preventing any other building to appear :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mike3775

Quote from: Terring7 on November 06, 2011, 02:18:10 PM
The only way to have only SimMars buildings in your city is to remove any other grownable building. Not recommend, unless you like a lot of repetition. You guess right, you can have the SimMars buildings without preventing any other building to appear :)

Cool.  I will be installing this shortly, as soon as I get around to installing all the other lots I have downloaded recently  lol

EDIT: I installed it and have been playing it.  Great job on getting the buildings and stuff into a regular game, its nice seeing different buildings(I seriously love those martian graveyards  lol) popping up, some from Earth and some from Mars.

Terring7

Glad to see that you like it :) . Sonn I'll upload the upgrading version that fix all liitle problems, makes all lots more interesting and add some extra props to make the buildings more realistic. It's now in testing mode.

New friends for my park collection. Thanks to B.S.C. team, we can fill the empty space of magnetic railroads with something nice :thumbsup:
This is my version. I quess I need to remove some trees that I placed under the railroad :D

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

This is a basic idea about a new set of lots, a building surrounding by water.

And this is the basic plan

I have all the props I need. However I would like you to suggest me the best props to make the ponds :)
The Choice is Ours
---

noahclem

Wow, it's been too long since I visited!

The memories of the colonists set really turned out well  &apls  I especially like the way the simmars farm lots turned out. I also had fun looking through your link to the list of futuristic plugins on SC4D.

As far as your new lot goes, I can't really say--most of my work in LE is pretty basic.

Terring7

Thanks Noah ;D

Testing with Pegasus ponds and steams. Tell me what you think :)

The Choice is Ours
---

mike3775

jmyers2043

the lots look OK ... the rock is kind of big.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Terring7

It's because my goal is to mix futurism with naturalism. Something like this...

The Choice is Ours
---

Evillions8

I should definitely do my own version of your mod. :D

Very ambitious project and inspiring at the same time. ;)

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

Evillions8

I can see myself using some of those RIMP relots if those are released.  Great work! :)

Terring7

The new version of Memories of the Colonists will be released soon. Now I tried to relot the large spaceport again. This time the result is a bit better than the last one. No windmills, more props available, but still not complete. This is how it should look...

... and this is the result. I replaced the parking lots with underground entrances, reduced the number of props and add parked automata airplanes. However there are still missing props (not too much anymore) and textures.

Why however there are still missing props?
The Choice is Ours
---

mike3775

That is looking good. 

I just wanted to say thanks for continuing this huge project you have undertaken, it is very appreciated at my end  :)

Terring7

Thanks to the help of the folks in SimPeg.com, the spaceport is finally ready for action :)

What happened? There is a limit in the props number. While in L.E. you can still add props even after you've hit the limit, save the lot and exit without getting any error, the L.E. will remove the last added props that were above the limit. So if after exiting L.E. you decide to restart it and reopen the lot, you would find the lot in L.E. with missing props. According to Paeng, 256 props is the maximum number that a lot can hold. Having this in my mind, I make some changes in the spaceport.

The original version had 44 small solar panels. I remove them, as well as some props.

I also add a parked airplane.

The X-48B by srainy or Martian Spaceport Ship by LVK_ST however are highly recommend.

One of the missing props, the airplanes effect, is finally here.

Sims are back too.

Almost all air terminals, maintenance facilities, service centres and hotels are now constructed underground.

A nice effect for my antennas.

There are still some missing effects. 2 flora-type trees and 3 timed props are missing, but I can fix it.

The final result!! &dance &dance

The Choice is Ours
---

noahclem

Glad that you were able to figure out your prop problems--they spaceport turned out quite nice  :thumbsup:

My attention is focused on the RMIP being re-lotted into a spaceport. Just stunning!  :o

apeguy

Nice work, a welcome change from the regular maxis airports. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Shark7

I wouldn't mind seeing a starport done in parts, without a runway at all (I can add that using the RIMP system).

Basically if there were main terminal lots and maintainence lots...

Just a thought though, your work is looking good as is.

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---