• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terring's Terrible Lots!!

Started by Terring7, February 13, 2010, 10:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

I made some modifications in the 1x2 Main Entrance of the Roundabout Underground Parking ;D

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

I get some inspiration from Seaports Revealed: Unofficial Guide to the BSC Functional Seaports and I decide to finish my Maxis seaport replacement. No more just an ugly pier, but an in-land functional spaceport.

In stage 1, the spaceport will home 2 small air vessels. Those vehicles use jet and rocket engines for vertical take over and land and are suitable for interregional transportation.

The stage 2 will home 2 medium vessels, with better engines and enough fuels for orbital flights. They can dock on orbital colonies and even visit the Moon.

The stage 3 is mostly underground and can home a huge spacecraft, special design for interplanetary flight. You can finally ship your products to Mars and other farther colonies ;D

Notice 2 small gaps with the roads in every stage? Those gaps means that you can place a single spaceport... or 2 of them! The fence will not surround the whole spaceport, so you can build 2 of them and make a larger one.

However there are 2 problems. The game refuse to upgrade the spaceport, no matter what ()sad()

It's also possible to build the third stage directly from the menu, but it doesn't have any capacity. A useless sitting duck ()sad()

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

Just playing around with the military base ;D

The Choice is Ours
---

apeguy

Nice! ;D Maybe you should add some mechs to it. ;) ;)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Terring7

You have right, I'll remake it :)

Time to spice up the Martian surface, with orange sandstones and geysers

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

How about recreating the largest dust storms in the Solar System, so large that can cover the whole planet?

With SMP Ploppable Fog, this is possible. Just add a lot of them close to each other and strangle your colonists ()flamdev()
Just try to not overdo it, or your game will also get strangled...

O.K., rocks, stones, geysers, dust storms... is there any Martian feature that I didn't recreate yet?

The Choice is Ours
---

FrankU

Quote:
O.K., rocks, stones, geysers, dust storms... is there any Martian feature that I didn't recreate yet?

It's gravity?
It's meteorite impacts?
It's distance to the sun?
It's little green SIMmen?
The Viking lander, still pottering about?

Terring7

You can't create gravity lots, only taller buildings because of it. Craters can be made by the terraforming tools. The distance of the Sun can simulated by day-night mods. There are no little green men on Mars. There is a lot with the Spirit rover, but now Simtropolis is down.
The Choice is Ours
---

Shark7

Quote from: FrankU on April 03, 2012, 06:53:58 AM
Quote:

It's gravity?
It's meteorite impacts?
It's distance to the sun?
It's little green SIMmen?
The Viking lander, still pottering about?

Yes, have to agree...little green SIMmen is a must.  :thumbsup:

And how about that big volcano as big as a few states on the southern(?) pole of Mars....and of course the giant lava flow and...   :P

Terring7

The space probes didn't found little green men.

QuoteAnd how about that big volcano as big as a few states on the southern(?) pole of Mars

You mean Olympus Mons? It's too huge to lot it, only it' base is as big as the British Islands.

Both Olympus Mons and the lava flow can made by the terraforming tools.
The Choice is Ours
---

Shark7

Quote from: Terring7 on April 04, 2012, 11:54:02 PM
The space probes didn't found little green men.

QuoteAnd how about that big volcano as big as a few states on the southern(?) pole of Mars

You mean Olympus Mons? It's too huge to lot it, only it' base is as big as the British Islands.

Both Olympus Mons and the lava flow can made by the terraforming tools.

Hehe, I was joking.  Hence the  :P smiley at the end.

On a more serious note though, a nice plop-able lava similar to the plop-able waters might not be a bad thing.  The MMP waters do get quite a bit of use in my game play.

And no little green men?  Then every B-grade sci-fi movie of the 1950s and 1960s was inacurrate!  Oh my.  ;D

Terring7

There is no active lava flow found on Mars. All planets has an interior heat, that get reduced over time depending on their size. Large planets like Earth didn't cool down because they are large enough to keep their interior heat for a long time. Mars however is a geologically dead planet, so don't expect lava flows. Venus however has active lava flows, getting compressed by the huge atmospheric pressure.

There is however the possibility of water flows on the Martian surface. To recreate it on Mars, get SimMars, remove the SIMMARS_UI file (I think) and install any water MMP you wish.

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

Remember a project of replacing the Maxis buildings with SimMars buildings?

This project is dead, so let's resurrect it! What? OK, let's be more clear...
I didn't like the result of it so I remove all my lots and restart the project. This time I'll use some extra dependencies for a more futuristic result. Something like this...

The new dependencies so far are the Eagleland Project Lot Textures, BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 01 and PEG-MTP SUPER PACK. I already start the restart from CO$$$. I made the  stage 1 2x2 and 2x3 lots. Tell me what you think...

My goal is to replace as many Maxis textures and props as possible with futuristic (or at least ultra modern) textures and props. So for now... any idea about better benches and street lights? The Maxis benches are OK, but the street lights could be better.

The Choice is Ours
---

FrankU

Try to find some futuristic trees!  ()what()

noahclem

Looks great so far  &apls  I'm glad you've decided to use extra dependencies--people have done a lot of work making all those nice props and textures and it's a shame not to use them because some people on the STEX will inevitably complain about any dependencies (even though almost everyone is sure to have the two you're using). I say ignore them and make your lots the way you want.

As for the street lights, I suggest looking at the USL ones from kadlovag and mrtnlrn--there's a bunch of color options too, which could look nicely futuristic  ;)  You can find those files on the STEX.

Quote from: FrankU on April 18, 2012, 04:08:30 AM
Try to find some futuristic trees!  ()what()
Not sure what futuristic trees look like but I like the idea! Otherwise, I suggest replacing your Maxis trees with VIP or cycledog 2009 trees. Girafe's are awesome too but they're only available as flora, not props, and so are not much good for lotting.

QuoteMars however is a geologically dead planet, so don't expect lava flows

I'm not so sure about that one. Of course it's not as active as Earth and doesn't undergo the hypothesized periodic global resurfacing events of Venus, but there is significant evidence that Mars continues to undergo geologic changes. Specifically, in the Tharsis area (with all the big volcanoes and the massive plateau) I've read multiple sources saying tectonic or volcanic events have occurred on the time-scale of millions of years ago, quite recent on the time scale of the solar system. I actually wrote a paper a few years back on the topic if you're interested....

Terring7

Quote from: FrankU on April 18, 2012, 04:08:30 AMTry to find some futuristic trees!  ()what()

Futuristic trees?  I can add the SimMars trees, which are closed in glass domes. Not the best for a Terran city ;D

Quote from: noahclem on April 18, 2012, 05:15:01 AMAs for the street lights, I suggest looking at the USL ones from kadlovag and mrtnlrn--there's a bunch of color options too, which could look nicely futuristic  ;)  You can find those files on the STEX.

[...]

Otherwise, I suggest replacing your Maxis trees with VIP or cycledog 2009 trees. Girafe's are awesome too but they're only available as flora, not props, and so are not much good for lotting.

I'll check them out :thumbsup:
The Choice is Ours
---

Shark7

Futuristic trees...might not be so easily described...brings with it images of cyborg oaks.  :D

However, an alien looking tree, now that is something that could be interesting.  ;)

Terring7

Nobody made alien or cybernetic trees ()sad() &mmm

Playing around with the street lights and the trees. Tell me what you think...

No more Maxis building ;D
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I finally found the best replacement of the original street lights :thumbsup:

The Choice is Ours
---

mrbisonm

Hmmmmm..... ??? picture doesn't show up....
Nice project.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)