• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terring's Terrible Lots!!

Started by Terring7, February 13, 2010, 10:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

I have finished with all stage 3 I$$ lots. As you can see most of the manufacturing industries are shipyard and spacecrafts factories. For once again we have underground facilities, robotic carriers, spaceports, trees, tanks, flowers, modular designs and a few relics from the past.

Progress so far. What is ready, what is under development and what is untouched.

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

Wow, what a weekend. I have finally finished my English exams for the Lower degree and my plans is to keep on for the Proficiency as well. I feel I was prepared enough for the exams, so let's hope for the best. Let me celebrate it... by making lots!

I'm keep on reloting all Maxis industrial lots those days, but I feel I miss something. Decorative fillers. Inspired by Paeng's Grunge Concrete Set, Industrial Revolution Mod - I-HT Filler Set 1 and Modular Containers Lots Set, I've made a small set of fillers for the industrial zones. This includes driving alleys, nuclear factories, empty fillers and freight airships. Most probably I'll make more lots.

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

Last week I received this mail:

Hello, terring,

This email is to inform you that your files have been chosen to appear in the upcoming STEX Collector's Volume 5 disc which will be sent out as gifts to those who help support the site.
The files that we have selected of yours to appear in this collection are:

Barsoom Project (Part 1 - Memories of the Colonists)

If for any reason you do not wish your files -- in whole or in part -- to be included in this collection, please reply to this email and let us know.
Otherwise, no further action is required, and we just want to say thanks for allowing us to include your files. We only release these discs once every couple of years as a way to give thanks to those folks who help contribute to paying the operating costs for the community.
Sincerely - Dirktator, Webmaster & the STEX Disc Team

I'm not kidding. The part 1 of Barsoom Project will be included in the STEX Collector's Volume 5 disc. Seriously, this is something I couldn't ever even imagined that! I'm so happy for this and I want to thank everybody who's responsible for this achievement, from the followers to the users of Barsoom Project. Thank you everybody.

And also I've finished with all stage 3 I$$$ lots. Now we have plenty of prefab factories, robotic forklifts, photosynthetic laboratories, huge warehouses and spaceports.

Progress so far. What is ready, what is under development and what is untouched.

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

gn_leugim

gratz for your achievement! well deserved!  &apls

looking great lots!

Terring7

Thank you very much :)

It's my birthday today, so let me give you a small present. I have reloted all stage 1 and 2 I$$$ lots. Yeap, all high tech industries are ready for action. They have a generic feel, just like my dirty industries, so you can imagine in what they're working. Some of them maybe are laboratories for medical nanorobots or faster-than-light spacecraft engines, or they may produce synthetic skin, genetic mutated pets, quantum computers or positronic brains for the robots, or maybe they're experimenting on antimatter usages or virtual reality or... anything you want! Just let your imagination free. They also have the same SimMars futuristic texture, so it's very easy to combine them and build mega facilities. For once again, most of the activities take place underground, so what you see is a small fraction of what you'll get. Anyway, here are a few pictures.

Stage 1

Stage 2

Of course I'm always open for new ideas, for as long as they're awesome. And I'll need your ideas for the satellite dishes. The Maxis-made dishes are ugly, so I'm thinking about using the satellite dish from RT SNM Vol03. I think it's more realistic. What do you think?

Oh yeah, progress so far. What is ready, what is under development and what is untouched.

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

gn_leugim

Happy birthday!!  &apls (although late  :-[)

Looking great! enough to say "future is here!"  :thumbsup:

Terring7

All stage 2 I$$ lots have been reloted. For once again, we have warehouses, spaceports, underground facilities, satellite dishes e.t.c.

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

vortext

A belated happy birthday!!  &dance

Also great news your collection will be on the STEX disc, very well deserved! Equally exciting is the fact there're only four stages left untouched! Incredible lotting effort.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Terring7

Thank you very much vortext :)

By finishing all stage 1 I$$ lots, I'm happy to report that all industrial lots have been futurized! Almost all Maxis-made factories have been replaced my SimMars industries. All industrial lots will have the same style and texturing, in order to combine them and make mega facilities. Because of their generic look, it's easy to build anything you want. Nanotechnology laboratories? Genetic engineering facilities? Cavorite manufactures? Prefab house industries? Mining operations? Positronic brains creators? 3D printers? Teleporting antennas? Cybernetics factories? Anything else? With only a little imagination, you can have anything you wish. And since most of the action takes place underground, free your wildest imaginations!

Anyway, here are all stage 1 I$$ lots. Satellite dishes, spaceports, spaceports, underground garages, antennas e.t.c.

If everything goes well, the second part of Barsoom Project will be released somewhere in 2014. It may also have a few surprises. Here is one of them, a basic set of trail paths. I'm sure you have better trail paths than those I've made. I also have better paths than those. But if you don't have any trail path set and you're a bit too lazy for downloading or making, here is a basic set for you to play. Those red paths are SimMars overlay textures. That's right, Martians paths on Earth ;D

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport

Since it's Christmas, let me have a break. I'll be back in 2014. So have a Happy Holidays and all that good stuff, and Merry Christmas to all :thumbsup:
The Choice is Ours
---

gn_leugim

Excellent job Terring!  :thumbsup: well done!

Terring7

The holiday season is over, so I guess I'll start my little project soon enough. But before that, let me wish you a better new year... oh wait, too cliche. Instead, let me encourage you to create a better year.

Let me show you some work I have made, just for my fun. Every time I download a growable building, I open the Lot Editor to change it's lot a bit. My goal is simple, to futurize them as much as possible in the way I like, a cyberpunk-Utopian mix. And no, I'm not going to upload them. Hope that you like them. Oh by the way, the next update of Barsoom Project will be very important for me, because I have a dilemma and I'll really want your opinions. Until then... enjoy ;D

Apilatalo

Biovaara ltd

CableLink

HK 60's-90's Office Pack

Tall Kohdat Apartments Downtown Set

Mekadrachon Manor

NG Xenon Labs

Nokikana Mobile Phones

Ohm Resistors

Rautalintu Aerospace

Semiintelligent Components

Skylimit Satelite Research

ZH Rosewood (both versions)

The Choice is Ours
---

gn_leugim

nice lotting  :thumbsup: and also some nice stuff to dl :p

Terring7

I'm reading for English studies those days, so I didn't had time to work on Barsoom Project. However I found some time to make some relots. 2 of my favorite plugins are the Diagonal Intersection RoadTop SubwayBus Station set and the Street and Road End functional Parkings set. Here are my versions, with futuristic cars, no fences, trees and traffic signs in the middle of the road... on traffic islands of course.

I hope that you like them. If you have a good idea, suggest it. Have in mind though that the above lots are only for my personal use. In the next days I'll try to keep on working on Barsoom Project. Specifically I'll try to relot all malls and the airports. I'll need your ideas.
The Choice is Ours
---

Huston_N7

Cool! It's nice to see that you got some use out of my Skycar prop :D
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

Terring7

I'm working on the malls those days. I have some cool ideas so I'll need your help. This is a medium wealth Maxis-made mall. It's a classic boxy building, siting on a stage 1 6x6 lot with a huge parking lot.

And here are my versions of the same lot. Futuristic SimMars-made malls, with an underground garage and surrounded by gardens and a pond. Those lots will be included in Barsoom Project.

So here are my ideas. How about underground malls as well? Let your Sims build them and you'll get a huge underground mall!

And how about using The Living Mall as well? Hmm, too big isn't?

What do you think? If you want them, you'll have to download Plugin Landmark Props, Sunken Plazas - Mall Set, Sunken Plazas - Tree Plaza2 and PEG Subterranean Mall. I can guess that while my idea will bring some extra variety in the commercial zones, it will also force you to get some more dependencies.

So what do you think?

No "thumbs ups" or "nice", only suggestions!
The Choice is Ours
---

gn_leugim

huge work so far, congratz.

my only objection is on those parks, that red "car" will have some issues living the park :p

Terring7

Don't worry, I'm still working on the malls. However there was a hole I had to covered, so I have reloted all stage 3 CS$$ lots. Sorry, only Maxis buildings this time...

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

HappyDays

The last few pages of this thread have features good lot design and complete 56k genocide. So many pictures.

HappyDays

Quote from: HappyDays on February 01, 2014, 10:58:25 PM
The last few pages of this thread has featured good lot design and complete 56k genocide. So many pictures.

Terring7

Oops, sorry for that ;D

A new update is coming soon.
A new milestone is going to be conquered.
So ask yourself...
Are you ready for this?

The Choice is Ours
---