• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terring's Terrible Lots!!

Started by Terring7, February 13, 2010, 10:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

Terring7

Actually, yes. Now we're talking about homes! But before that, here are 2 thing I want to report. First of all, remember my suggestion about underground malls?

Yeah, I have to scrap this idea. I don't want my mod to get too excessive. Furthermore, it's pointless. You need to download a few plopable malls as dependencies to get their props in those growable lots. But if you already have those malls as propable, so you can build them anywhere you wish, what's the point of having them as growable as well?

At the same time, I made a new set of parks to give some variety to the cities of tomorrow. Some of those parks are actually recreations of Simcity 3000 parks. Can you find them?

And now it's time for the mayor update. Are you ready for this?

ALL RESIDENTIAL LOTS HAVE BEEN FUTURIZED!!

I'm not kidding. At last, all Maxis-made residential lots have been futurized. Say goodbye to the last of the Maxis-made realistic modern homes and say hello to the SimMars-made futuristic prefab homes. I have finished with the rest medium wealth lots. It took me so long because there are plenty of medium wealth lots and plenty of medium wealth SimMars houses. There are so many lots that I can show you only a few of them, as well as all the buildings you'll get depending on the size and the stage of the lots.

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

And now let's see some of those lots in action.

Progress so far. What is ready, what is under development and what is untouched.

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport

So what's next? Hmm, the airports. Why not? I think I'll change them into interplanetary and even interstellar spaceports. I have a few ideas and I'll need your opinions. And then? Industries are done, the rewards are OK and... wait a minute... I have to futurize the commercial lots? There are billions of them and trillions of SimMars buildings to use. All by me?

https://www.youtube.com/v/WWaLxFIVX1s
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

I think it's time to get back to the project and relot, this time, the 3 Maxis-made airports. I have 2 ideas and I want your opinions. How should I change the airports?

The first option is something simple. Keep the airport as it is, but replace a few things. Futuristic aircrafts and hangars, underground expansions, a bit larger runways e.t.c. An ordinary prefab near future airport. Something like this...

The second option is more radical. Replace the airports with vertiports. Vertical Take Over and Land (VTOL) aircrafts and spacecrafts, no runways, underground hangars e.t.c. A prefab distant future spaceport. Something like this...

What do you think? %confuso
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

DaHappyNoobie

I like the idea of the vertiport  :thumbsup:    It looks awesome, but in my opinion the corner walls should have a different texture from the rest. Or keep it like this if you like it, you're the boss!

Terring7

This was my version of the university. Why "was"? Because I don't like it anymore, it looks more like an ugly monolithic factory.

This is the new version of the university. I hope that you like it.

Before complaining, the Global Arena was the only prop that could cover the main building of the university. After all, it looks like the Discovery Spheres from Galactic Civilizations 2.

Bonus, a nice park made by SimGoober.

The Choice is Ours
---

DaHappyNoobie

Now that's a badass university complex! How big it is?

Terring7

Thanks. It's as big as the original university. 10x12 I think.

Remember the old days, before the creation of the modular airports? Back then, the only way to build an airport is by using the Maxis-made airports. The first selection was usually the small landing strip. You build it in small towns in order to bring more customers and tourists.

Nowadays only a few people still use it. It's too small and it can't be compared with the new custom-made airports. This poor little airport has been abandoned by almost everybody and that's sad. So it's time to make a serious change and bring it back, this time as a futuristic vertiport!

A vertiport is an airport for Vertical Take Over and Land (V.T.O.L.) aircrafts. Vertiports doesn't use too much land and they can be constructed everywhere, even on tops of buildings.

And this is for what I'm talking about. The small Maxis-made airports has been replaced by a fully functional vertiport.

And yes, it can be upgraded without any problem. Here is stage 2.

And here is stage 3.

Because it doesn't have runways, you can build it even in the middle of a downtown. Your Sims will not get worried about landing aircrafts soaring above their heads.

Same strategy with the rest of the airports as well. No more runways! If you still want them, get some modular airports and make them.
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

FrankU's attempt to relot the marina inspired me to do the same. The Maxis-made marina is the most annoying reward in the game, because it's very difficult to find the perfect location to build it. Here is why. The size of the lot is 1x6. The first tile has a land "mark". This means that this tile must be placed on land. The second one is empty, so it can be either on land or in water. The rest of the tiles have a water "mark", so they must be placed in water. Because of this, the second tile must be in the coast, in the land-water transition. Now try to find the best place to build it!

My first idea was to remove some of the water "marks", in order to have one land tile and one water tile. This will make the construction of the marina much easier. And since we're talking about the future, let's use some of the airport terminals props I have already used in my vertiport and turn the marina into a futuristic indoor pier. The result?

For once again, let's throw the limits out of the window...

... and take it to extreme. Let's make it futuristic (short of) and in land. Let's turn the marina into a cool navigation control center.

And believe it or not, it will still deploy boats and hang gliders! It's even possible to make a few UDI missions.

You can build the navigation control center anywhere you wish. My recommendation is to build it on flat land and close enough to water bodies, next to ferry ports. Something like this...

Build it right or else...

:D :D :D :D
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I have finished with all stage 5 CO$$$ lots.

Progress so far. What is ready, what is under development and what is untouched. Oh, wait a minute. No more untouched lots?

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

DaHappyNoobie

Your lots are always awesome! Keep up the good work, I wanna see an entire city with all lots finished!

Terring7

Thanks guys ;D

Work in progress: A maze!

The Choice is Ours
---

FrankU

Hi Elias,

I try not to sound rude, but I think you should reconsider the concept of your maze.
Mazes usually have very narrow paths and high hedges.
The heigth of the hedges can be turned up by putting two hedge prop on top of each other, but the width of the paths is a very different matter. You should at least halve them, but may be even quarter (can we say that in English? Yes, because I just did, but is it considerd understandable speak?)

We know you can do better!

Terring7

I have finished with my maze. It now has higher hedges and plenty of trees.

Quote from: FrankU on March 18, 2014, 07:32:50 AMthe width of the paths is a very different matter. You should at least halve them, but may be even quarter

Narrow paths are a bit too claustrophobic for me and I also want the maze to be a truly park and not just a maze. This is the reason why I like the paths to be wide.
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

Paeng made an epic and more detailed version of my maze. Get it from HERE!

Now that my first attempt to make a maze have been released (even though remake), let me try again and make a new maze. This time it has less trees, flower beds instead of hedges, more bridges, benches in random places and various objects like a fountain and rocks. It's not exactly a maze, since you can find the exit very easily, but it's a nice way to play, walk and have picnics. And yes, it's going to be included in Barsoom Project. I hope that you like it.

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

My computer is dead. So guess what other is dead. That's right. I can't do this anymore. No matter what I do, no matter how much time I dedicate on something, everything at the end will goes wrong. Even if my computer get repaired, even if I buy a better one, everything will goes wrong at the end. So f**k it!
The Choice is Ours
---

vortext

No! No!! No!!! :angrymore:

Crappy pc dying is, well, almost a fact of life I'd say. But don't give up now, you're so close to the finish line!   :(

Surely have made you a back-up from time-to-time . .?  %wrd
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Terring7

If everything goes alright, I'll have my computer repaired next Saturday. It seems that the problem is hardware (messy card) and not software (mallware), so I hope the problem will be solved. Fortunately most of my work have been saved, but not some of my recent lots like my labyrinth. I think I have saved my vertiports, right? I hope, because it's very annoying to recreate them. But at least I know how, so recreating them will be much easier.
The Choice is Ours
---

whatevermind

Terrible news about your computer, I hope you're able get up and running again!

I'm a bit late to the party, but I love what you did with the airports and the marina! The maze is good as well, it's more of a labyrinth really, in the sense of being a place for a contemplative walk, more than anywhere to really get stuck like a maze would be. Either way, it looks great!

Terring7

I gave my computer to a friend of mine and I have news about it. The computer is dead and so old that repairing is not worth it. So I'm going to get a new one, with Windows 7 and double core. Most of my recent creations, like my labyrinth, are gone and I have to rebuild all my stuff. Simcity, Lot Editor, patches, plugins, you name it. Wish me good luck...
The Choice is Ours
---