• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terring's Terrible Lots!!

Started by Terring7, February 13, 2010, 10:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

"If technology does not liberate all people for the pursuit of higher aspirations in human achievement, then all its technical potential will be meaningless."
Jacque Fresco

The industries of the future will be much cleaner and mostly automatic, with robots doing all the dangerous and boring tasks. This is unacceptable in the modern monetary economy, but it's a vital part of the resource-based economy proposed by the Venus Project. The people of tomorrow will be free from slavery and deadly accidents.

Those "multi access industrial robots" will utilize vast information resources, which will enable them to receive commands via satellite up-link or on-site. They can also be designed to take appropriate actions in the absence of human directives, by combining an array of sensors and receivers with sophisticated decision making abilities. They will be capable of handling a wide range of industrial production tasks, and will be able to upgrade their level of service and replace defective or worn parts. These mega robots will communicate with one another to coordinate delivery of the required materials for each project.

At the same time, Nanotechnology will combines optics and lasers and eventually enable us to assemble matter, atom by atom, into whatever molecular structure is needed. Nanotechnology will lead to a sub-microscopic revolution in all fields, including the way in which we conduct human affairs.

Having those awesome ideas in my mind, I replace all Maxis dirty industries will SimMars buildings, while I also change their lots to make them suitable in future cities. Your "dirty" industries zones will contain mining operations, ore crushers and purification systems, laboratories, underground warehouses, mini spaceports, molecular modification and recycling systems, quantum computers, nanochemical elements and anything else. There are still some Maxis refineries, but they'll not appear often. All the industrial lots will have modular look, so they'll fit together and make more advance industrial complexes. Obviously all those lot are grownable. They're still dirty factories, so they'll still pollute the environment. Build some SimMars made air and water purificators to remove the pollution.

And here are some low wealth commercial lots...

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

I didn't had something better to do this evening, so I relot all 3x3 apartment buildings. Some Maxis buildings are still there, most of them only in corners.

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

noahclem

Interesting and fascinating work  &apls  Both the industrial and residential re-lots look great. You've also done a nice job showing them fitting attractively into your city  :thumbsup:

Terring7

The O.S.I.T.M. celebration is over, perhaps the most distinctive ever made ::)
Let's close this month with some reloting project again, this time in rewards

I hate the large parking of the deluxe police station, so I replace it into a vertipord for antigravity patrol vessels.

Same with the large schools, vertiport for antigravity school buses instead of classic parked cars.

I'm not very happy with the high school however, so I'll try to make it better. Any idea is welcomed :)

I even replace the parking of the library with a mini vertiport for antigravity carriers. Books will replaced into the future by quantum memory chips, but they'll still exist as relics from the past.

I also change the parking of the radio station to make it more realistic. Could however the radio station replaced into the future by the internet stations?

The monetary economic system is doomed to collapse. The Venus Project is proposing a resource based economy, a holistic socio-economic system in which all goods and services are available for all, without the use of money, credits, barter or any other system of debt or servitude. All resources become the common heritage of all of the inhabitants, not just a select few. The premise upon which this system is based is that the Earth is abundant with plentiful resource, but our practice of rationing resources through monetary methods is irrelevant and counter productive to our survival.

Stock exchanges will obsoleted in the future, but we can replace them with Global Resource Management Quantum Computers who could tracking the resources of Earth (or the Solar System) and the needs of the people. Maybe I should work even more on this idea. Anyway, here is the stock exchange with a mini spaceport.

I never liked the small parking lots in the minor stadium, so I replaced them with a bigger underground one.

Working in progress. The parking of the tourist trap is ready, but I need something nice to fill the rest of the lot. Any idea?

And a big project. How about turning the university from a medieval village to an epic futuristic university?

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

Stupid post ahead. You know, one of those posts that made just to say "hi, I'm still here :'( " but nobody else cares at all ()lurker()

Even silly Facebook games like Simcity Social can inspire you for new lots. Can you find the new project?

The Choice is Ours
---

noahclem

Hmm, I'm thinking the private spaceport has caught your attention   :P   Great job with those reward relots in the last update and great OSITM  &apls

Terring7

I'm so predictable ;D

Still playing around with the Maxis lots, this time with manufacture and high technology factories.

As you can see, many of the Maxis warehouses will replaced with the sophisticate SimMars industries. You'll not recognise the original lots anymore.

And a personal project, reloting custom made lots as well, to make them futuristic and more suitable in my cities.

Speaking about personal projects...

Try to imagine a whole district with those buildings...

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I have no idea if the religions will still exist in the future or get vanished. Anyway, I just relot the Maxis house of worship.

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I relot 2 of my favourite buildings, 6th and Brushy by Xyloxadoria and Ayad Hassan Bin Habshi by... can't remember the creator. I manage them to constructed only in corners, change the textures to fit better in my cities, add more trees and effects, replace the modern cars with future cars and turn the parking into an underground garage.

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

Time for an another useless update with new stupid stuff. I love the stairs like cities, because they can manage slopes with the best way. And they also look awesome. All you need is to flat the slopes and build some walls, something like this.

Hmm... Simple walls are too ordinary. Inspired by the Blue Zones cities of Tiberium Wars...

... and the Korhal City of Starcraft 2...

... I tried to turn the slopes themselves into buildings! Just replace the wall with huge glasses and you'll have something like this.

Let's be more clear. Use some terrain raising lots to build a hill. That's right, an ordinary hill.

Now let's dress it with doors, glasses and rooftop. That's it, the ordinary hill turned into a big building!

Of course you can build anything you want on the rooftop, from plazas and solar panels to spaceports and green parks.

All I did was a simple editing of some of Mas71's walls. Obviously the textures are not what I really want, but still it's a start. I made 2 versions of them, a grey cyberpunk style and a green utopian one.

Those buildings can be as big and tall as you want. You can also give them any size you want. If you make them big enough, you can build facilities, neighbourhoods and even whole cities on them!! Use them to build full 3D cities, both raised and underground.

The Choice is Ours
---

art128

Oh, nice idea to incorporate " buildings" the the walls. I like it!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Pretty clever stuff with those "hill buildgings"  ;D  Great work with the lotting lately  &apls  Those last residential ones looked perfect. Where'd you find that Ayad Hassan Bin Habshi? I'd love to be able to put your lot of it in Siiliojoki  &apls

mattb325

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Very interesting and unique concept.  &apls
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

whatevermind

Another great concept.  Once again you push the limits of the game and our imaginations.  &apls

Terring7

All I did was to take some of the Mas71 walls, remove the wall texture and add a water texture for the glass with a parking or park overlay texture for the wall. Obviously not the best ::) , so I found some cool Simcity 3000 textures to play with them. This will bring a retro style to the buildings as well ;D . Then I'll make those textures available for the Lot Editor. Any tutorial for this? ()what()

By the way, here you can find the Ayad Hassan Bin Habshi. My reloted version require plenty of dependencies just for a few props ::)
The Choice is Ours
---

Kergelen

Indeed, very interesting idea. &apls
This make me thing that with a proper texture we could make caves &Thk/(

Links to SC4 websites

Terring7

Way better textures now. All I did was to use some Simcity 3000 textures and add a nice white colour. What do you think?

The Choice is Ours
---

noahclem

Looks good  :thumbsup:  I think the 1st and 3rd textures are best though I'm no texture expert. Thanks for the link! Dependencies don't really bother me, btw  ;D

Terring7

I found this tutorial to make my textures. I'm in Step 5 and I don't know how to make my own .dat file. A little help please?
Furthermore, the link of SC4Tool about the textures IID is broken &mmm
The Choice is Ours
---