• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terring's Terrible Lots!!

Started by Terring7, February 13, 2010, 10:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

I have finished with all stage 7 R$$$ lots. Notice the redwoods and the mix of SimMars - Maxis buildings. I guess that some of the people of tomorrow may prefer living in those historic antiques.

But this update is not an ordinary one. Electronic Arts announced the first expansion pack for SimCity! Yeah, they solved the bugs and now they're ready to make expansions as well... who will still be incomplete and require Internet connection to build your tiny villages. Anyway, this expansion titled "Cities of Tomorrow" and will hit store selves on November 12. You guess right, we're talking about Anno 2070 in Simcity, with mult-zone MegaTowers that are three times the height of the tallest SimCity skyscraper.

As a futurism nerd I am, I really want to have a look at it. Bust since I don't even want to buy the new Simcity, I'll keep going with my project. In fact, I'll try to speed it up and release the part 2 of Barsoom Project on November 12. I can't guarantee anything, but at least I'll try.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

I have finished with all stage 1 CO$$$ lots. Some of them has small spaceports and even lakes with ducks and swans.

Progress so far. What is ready, what is under development and what is untouched.

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

All stage 1 CO$$ are ready. For once again, spaceports and lakes with ducks. A mix of nature and technology.

Don't worry, you'll not have the same building over and over again. It's a family building, so you'll have different buildings in the same lots. Like this one.

Progress so far. What is ready, what is under development and what is untouched.

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I have an idea and I want your suggestions. I found a set of Japanese signs and I wonder if it's a good idea to use them. How? Check this out. I would like to add general informational signs in corner lots. Those signs will appear in medium and high density lots, like in large offices and apartment buildings. What do you think?

Oops, now it's impossible to see... but you can still imagine the result...

The Choice is Ours
---

vortext

They're nice signs, however, I'd refrain using them. Signage is better added via T21s onto the actual transit networks. Besides, why would the Japanese be the only people to colonize space?! You could add some billboards though, there're plenty of those out there.

At any rate, you're making good progress lately. Keep it up!  &apls

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Terring7

Thank you Vortext. To be honest, I really want to use those signs, even if they're Japanese and a bit uncontrollable to build. But I like the idea of billboards. I have found a few of them and I'll test them.

I have finished with all stage 3 CS$$$ lots.

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

By using various SimMars props, I made a set of plopable decorative buildings. They're part of Barsoom Project, so I'll release them too. This is not the final shape. Maybe I'll make more lots or change the exist ones. The set includes apartment buildings, small houses, warehouses, houses for desert sceneries, underground plazas, domed parks, floating spacecrafts, spaceports and not only.

Use them as you wish, to build your own futuristic facilities, plazas and anything else.

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

All stage 3 CO$$$ lots have been reloted. In one of those buildings I tried tariel's idea (from Simpeg.com) about solar panels. Tell me what you think. Maybe I should add solar panels on more Maxis buildings.

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

All stage 2 CO$$$ lots have been reloted. For once again, ponds with ducks, spaceports, gardens, trees, flowers, underground garages, solar powered rovers and a few relics from the past. So I guess I have finished with all low density CO$$$ lots...

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I'm working on low density CO$$ lots. Here is something to tease you. This is a stage 3 CO$$ lot. The lot has a medium size parking lot and a boring Maxis building.

No matter what, I have to keep this lot in stage 3. Fortunately, there is a cool SimMars building that can be useful. Have a look at it. This one is on piles and it has a small parking space just under of it.

If a lot (like this one) has a large enough parking space, I always replace it with a large underground garage. Let's do this and place this building over the garage entrance/exit.

So now we have an underground garage with a building hanging over it's entrance/exit, instead of a larger surface parking lot. This means more open space for gardens and lakes!

Something like this!

Cool, isn't?
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I have finished with all stage 2 and 3 CO$$ lots. This means that I've finished with all low density CO$$ lots. The new lots will have gardens, parked electric cars, underground garages, lakes with swans and ducks, spaceports, trail paths, floating buildings, parked hydrogen-fueled trucks and skyscrapers. I'm dead serious. Skyscrapers in low density zones! And no, I didn't mod them.

Stage 2

Stage 3

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I have finished with all stage 6 R$$$ lots, with tall apartment buildings and redwoods!

Let me be focused on the medium density R$$$ lots. I have reasons.Even if I have reloted all mow density R$$$ lots, Sims are still constructing ugly mansions. Those mansions however are actually medium density, no low density! Just look at them. Ugly architecture, useless fences, everything is wrong.

With Barsoom Project, all those mansions will be kicked out!

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

All stage 5 R$$$ lots have been reloted. Now we have pencil towers, solar arrays, underground homes and roof fountains!

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

Shark7

Your project is progressing nicely.  :thumbsup:

And as I've watched this thread progress, I've noticed your lotting skills steadily improve.  Keep up the good work.  :)

Terring7

I'm happy to announce that I've achieved one of my personal milestones, by reloting all stage 4 R$$$ lots. As you can see, now we have pencil towers, underground homes, modular buildings, communication arrays and roof fountains.

But the best part is that all Maxis mansions, that originally constructed in the low density zones, are finally out of the game! No more huge boxy mansions in our low density neighborhoods. I have discovered that those buildings should been constructed in medium density zones, since they are in stage 4 lots. But you still have them to pop up and ruin your neighborhoods! Not anymore, as you can see. There are a few mods that just blocks those mansions, but mine kills them!

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport

The giant boxy mansions are dead. Let me celebrate it!

The Choice is Ours
---

droric

Absolutely terrible!  Just terribly awesome.  Do you create any of the props yourself?

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Terring7

Time for something different. If you like it, I'll add it in my Barsoom Project. Here is the military base, made by Maxis and reloted by me. I didn't used all SimMars military equipment available because I didn't want to overload it. This military base is actually an urban outpost, with a heliport, a walker, a mobile laser platform and a few tanks. Just a few stuff.

But how about a powerful army base, with all SimMars equipment and a few extra for variety? How about an epic base? Well, here it is.

An airship fortress, equipped with laser cannons and railguns and... anything else.

Laser trucks, missile launchers and scorpion-like walkers.

More walkers.

Plenty of tanks.

Missile silo, ready for action.

Floating railguns.

Railgun satellites.

And finally, futuristic aircrafts.

By the way, is the layout of my base a bit familiar?

The Choice is Ours
---

Swordmaster

Yeah, that last one was a smack in the face. How many times I plopped that one! :D

Thanks for bringing back those memories Elias. Keep up your work.

Cheers
Willy

Terring7

Thanks Willy. Barsoom Project will have a tough of nostalgia. For instance, I have relot the toxic waste dump into a toxic waste factory, an idea based on Simcity 3000 ;D

I have finished with all stage 8 R$$$ lots. At last, all R$$$ lots has been reloted!

Yeah, ugly Maxis buildings! Trust me, those monsters are the biggest R$$$ buildings I could use for the 4x2 lots. But at least I rotate them, so their garages will now be connected to the road.

As about the rest of them, we have redwoods and buildings hanging over lakes, plazas and gardens. By the way, from now I'll use a new dependency pack, Murimk Props Vol02. I like the corners with the benches and the underpasses. I think I'll use them more often.

R$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CS$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
CO$$$ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I$ 1 2 3
I$$ 1 2 3
I$$$ 1 2 3
Rewards
Airports
Seaport
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

This is the Hydro Launch Arcology, made by Hydromancerx. As you can see, it's basically a miniature landmark version of the legendary Launch Arcology from Simcity 2000.

The building is decent. It looks like the Arcology is going to be launched to space. The lot however is empty and boring, so let's change it a bit with redwoods, lakes, underground parking e.t.c.

And here you can see my inspiration...

The Choice is Ours
---