• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terring's Terrible Lots!!

Started by Terring7, February 13, 2010, 10:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike3775

It wouldn't really need to be transit enabled, just have it appear to have a road or rail going into it, like many non transit enabled lots have.  But TE'd would be better, but if not, just appearing would be nice, as then it look better as there is entrance ways into the underground building

Nice park as well

Terring7

mike3775 gave me a very nice idea about the Future Walls. How about entry way for roads? &idea I played with this idea, trying to make a transit enable cosmetic piece. Transit enable walls are possible. You can see cars entering the building and exit from it. However they deform the ground. The taller the building, the bigger the effect. Check those pictures to see what I mean.

An another idea is to play with NDEX Tunnelpack ROAD version. They don't deform the ground and looks nice. The buildings will look a bit like bunkers, but who cares? :D I can make a special texture for those tunnels, if you approve this idea. Maybe I can use the same way for railroads as well. What next? Future Walls that act like passenger and freight train stations? &bis&

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

whatevermind

This is really neat, I love where this project is going.

Terring7

Playing with Trigger Filtering Tunnels. The result is pretty cool. If you like it as I like it, I will make new textures and lots to fit with those tunnels &scl()

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

vortext

Oh yes, those tunnels are almost a perfect match! Though I like the look of NDEX' tunnels as well.

Also, the third pic from the previous update, with the glass 'capstone', is awesome. Can't wait to see a proper city like this!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

blade2k5

After browsing through this thread, I'm baffled as to why you would call these 'terrible lots.'  The lots throughout this thread are incredible. :thumbsup:  If this is what you call 'terrible,' I can only imagine what you would consider your best.  I imagined stuff like this a few years ago when I first discovered the sci-fi element of this game, but never thought I'd really see it come to life the way you have. &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Terring7

:D :D :D ;D
There are 2 reasons of using the word "terrible". 1) It's a kind of rhyme with "Terring". Terring's terrible. You got it ;D 2) It's a satire about an interesting trend, the quest of extreme realism. You know, the way of building that's declared war to creativity and discourage the out of the box thinking.

"What are you doing there? Don't do this, it's not realistic!" :P :P

The Choice is Ours
---

mike3775

I like both entrances Terring, especially the second one.

Keep it up, I forsee some very interesting cities in my future, with buildings on top of buildings

Terring7

Sorry friends but I can't resist in making a new useless update about Future Walls ;D
I remember myself trying to make a city in Simcity 3000, inspired by the ideas of Francisco Mujica and General Motors about future cities. I even made some suitable buildings in B.A.+ (Building Architect Plus).

With Future Walls, this concept is possible. Make some transportation systems, rise some hills, turn them into buildings and build a system of elevated walkways. If you want, you can connect them for very interesting results :)

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

What if we mix Future Walls with JRJ Shore Conforming Sea Walls 2007? The result is this...

WATERSCRAPERS! Available now in Simcity. Rise islands and turn them into buildings. Make them large enough to build whole cities above the waterscrapers ;D

The Choice is Ours
---

vortext

It just keeps getting more interesting! 

It's great to see it's actually funtional! And also really nice how the walls fade into the water. A few of those 'buildings' connected with bridges . . Yep, that would make for an awesome city. :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

NCGAIO

The concept  HO2 + scraper of Malaysian Sarly Sarkum certainly has much less likely to be implemented than this. even in real life.

This however already have creating proposals that bring up memories of Arcology SC.

It also reminded me that Electronic Arts registered the trademark "Sim Ocean".

Maybe they had the same idea.

noahclem

Great work  &apls  I love the waterscrapers  ;D  Also, cool futuristic city planning drawing  :thumbsup:

whatevermind

:o  That second waterscraper pic really hits on some awesome optical illusion potential - building one of these "islands" and covering the top with Lots made to look like glass roofing, giving a peak into the interior depths of the building. Throw in some high-transparency water mod and some offset-prop Lots to give these things satellite buildings and you can make a whole mini-city this way, little bursts of civilization strung across a whole archipelago of artificial islands!

art128

Wow. You certainly did some nice job with your walls. I even think it would be possible to make them with BAT-like textures and true-nite textures for night scenes. This might be a good track to find the perfect texture to create the perfect futuristic city. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mike3775

This project is looking nicer and nicer every day.

mike3775

Are there any further updates on this Terring7?

Terring7

I made some textures of the Future Walls for SimMars, but i guess I neglect it a bit ::)
The Choice is Ours
---

mike3775

Quote from: Terring7 on December 06, 2012, 03:17:27 PM
I made some textures of the Future Walls for SimMars, but i guess I neglect it a bit ::)

Its alright.  Just curious is all.  I really like that concept you created

Terring7

Believe it or not, I'm still alive ;D
I made some progress in my Barsoom Project. I relot all medium and high density $$CS lots.

There are hundreds of low density lots and this is a truly pain to my head. Oh well /wrrd%&
The Choice is Ours
---