• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

***URGENT HELP***

Started by Jayster, April 30, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayster

Hi,

First of all I am stupid when it comes to computers so if you are going to explain then please explain it like you are talking to a 4 year old. Okay....

First of all I have downloaded the gmax tool and have it up and running. Also, I have downloaded the B.A.T. Tool and it said it installed but when i go to find it using these instructions:

How to install the Building Architect Tool

To install the Building Architect Tools, download the installer (10.2 MB). From your local machine double-click on the SC4 B.A.T. installer. (CHECK)

Note: The Building Architect Tool is a gamepack for gmax. You must have gmax installed prior to installing B.A.T. (CHECK)

The B.A.T. installer will install to your gmax gamepacks directory all the files you need to run B.A.T.. A Plug-in Manager is also installed as part of the B.A.T. suite. The Plug-in Manager will be placed into your \program files\maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps directory. (Can NOT find this file anywhere)

To launch the B.A.T. gamepack for gmax you will need to double-click the program found in \gmax\gamepacks\BAT\SC4BATLauncher.exe (Can NOT find this either, from here on out none of it is possible.)

Note:You must run gmax through the SC4BATLauncher in order to access the Building Architect Tools.

To launch the Plug-in Manager you will need to double-click the program found in \program files\maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SC4PluginMan.exe

Note: B.A.T. is supported by SimCity 4 Deluxe (or SimCity + Rush Hour) only. You will need to have a copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe to install the B.A.T. tools and use B.A.T. buildings in game.

I'm getting very frustrated. I have the LE up and running and using it but I need to change some buildings to props. So please I could use some help ASAP. Thank you so much!

Ryan B.

To change buildings to props, you first need to export the model using GMAX.  Then, open up the Plugin Manager.  You should see your models there on the right.  To make your model a prop, drag it to the "Props" item on the left side of the pane.  Adjust the values as you see fit, click OK, and voila!  Your models should show up as props in the Lot Editor!

thingfishs

hmmm... it should be working. Where did you get your version of the B.A.T from? I would try reinstalling it again just to make sure the problem's repeating itself... and if you didn't previously, get it from the "Support" link at the top of the page (I can personally vouch for that one and it all installed as expected for me)
let us know how you go.

fafalone

gmax installs in the root folder, eg C:\gmax, not in Program Files, your SC4 folder, or anywhere else. If you put it somewhere else, reinstall leaving the default installation paths alone.

Jayster

I found Plugin Manager. It had installed the start up icon onto my desktop background and I am now using it as I write this!  :thumbsup: