• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Speak of the devil . . .

Just passed it over to the rest of the team.  The new RHW documentation is basically finished, too.

-Alex

brick_mortimer

Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

tigerbuilder

A big giant Thank You to you guys putting all the work you do into this mod.

I can't wait to see it.

Cheers, tiger

tomvsotis

Oh man! This is exciting :)

Is there gonna be a Mac installer for this version?

Tarkus

Thanks for the support everyone--it's been a long journey, for sure, and it feels good to have this build together now. :thumbsup:

Quote from: tomvsotis on August 24, 2017, 11:31:23 AM
Is there gonna be a Mac installer for this version?

The Mac situation will likely be identical to how it was for NAM 35.  We'll run a Wineskin wrapper over the Windows installer so it'll also run on macOS.  Mac-specific tech support will probably remain pretty limited on our end, unfortunately.

-Alex

Kitsune

... sorry for the crazy idea but have draggable tunnels ever been considered? As in, it would have a "ramp" like the height pieces, but instead would go x meters below ground, and then viola, a rhw tunnel.
~ NAM Team Member

woodb3kmaster

We have indeed given that idea some thought before. However, due to all our other projects taking up so much of our time, we have yet to work out the kinks that our earlier testing revealed. That's about all I can say about it without spoiling anything.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Wiimeiser

Obviously you wouldn't be able to put lots on top of draggable tunnels, right? I'm aware of the game's limitations, unless there's something I'm missing.

On the other hand, it's good to see the NAM update is happening soon, it's been a while.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tyberius06

@Wiimeister: Actually I guess you can, just need to do some little tricks on the models. I think noachlem made some experiment what he showed in his Siljoki thread. It's quite exciting :)
But yepp, dragable underpass tunnels????? Well that would be something really awesome! After that what is next? Dragable Pedmalls? :D :D

Thanks for the whole NAM Team all those efforts what they have done and will do in the future! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

tomvsotis

Quote from: Tarkus on August 24, 2017, 04:11:08 PM

The Mac situation will likely be identical to how it was for NAM 35.  We'll run a Wineskin wrapper over the Windows installer so it'll also run on macOS.  Mac-specific tech support will probably remain pretty limited on our end, unfortunately.

OK, good to know. Thanks.

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Wiimeiser on August 24, 2017, 11:20:52 PM
Obviously you wouldn't be able to put lots on top of draggable tunnels, right? I'm aware of the game's limitations, unless there's something I'm missing.
That very much depends on which network the draggable tunnels use.

Quote from: Tyberius06 on August 25, 2017, 08:25:14 AM
@Wiimeister: Actually I guess you can, just need to do some little tricks on the models. I think noachlem made some experiment what he showed in his Siljoki thread. It's quite exciting :)

Unless I'm mistaken, Noah's tunnels are a result of some clever terraforming, not something the NAM would do. There are a couple of ways to use terraforming to make fake tunnels, and I've forgotten which one he used.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Tyberius06

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on August 25, 2017, 07:57:57 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, Noah's tunnels are a result of some clever terraforming, not something the NAM would do. There are a couple of ways to use terraforming to make fake tunnels, and I've forgotten which one he used.

He made offset props from the buildings (which has modelled base) and put them onto tiny 2x2 or so lots so they are overhanging. Quite smart. :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

eagle74

A minor issue I've noticed with the NAM 35 installer.  When it runs to determine what is already installed, it never seems to flag real railway.  I always have to go through the list & manually check it.  Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but you may want to check it out during NAM 36 testing.

gn_leugim

almost.. there...

Tarkus

Not for public release, eh?  I have a feeling that won't be the case for much longer . . .

One could even say it's . . . imminent . . .

-Alex

Unconstantean

dyoungyn

Oh boy this is update is really going to make a huge difference.  Great job and anxy to the generous release &apls &apls &apls &apls

dyoungyn

Quote from: gn_leugim on August 30, 2017, 05:23:29 AM
almost.. there...

"Keep on target", don't loose sight"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deora

Ohhh.....i`m about to wiggle around on my Chair from Exitement... :bnn:

AsimPika3172

Oh yeah! Another nice installer for NAM 36!  :thumbsup: Keep moving forward!  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls :bnn:
I loves Sim City forever!