• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: Development

Started by memo, April 29, 2007, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Thanks, Matias, Robin, and Akallan (and all the "like"-minded folks, pun fully intended). :thumbsup:

Pathing operations are going forward on the curves.

I've actually been able to use Bender to turn the pathing for curves into a "paint-by-numbers" exercise.  This is a far cry from the days of yore--I still remember how long it took me to path that 9x9 Rail 90° Curve several years ago.

-Alex

Kitsune

I love seeing the NRD-4 getting some love.
~ NAM Team Member

AsimPika3172

Nice NRD-4 curve version!  &apls :bnn:   :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!

ChiefZDN

Quote from: Tarkus on November 09, 2017, 07:37:16 PM
Thanks, Matias, Robin, and Akallan (and all the "like"-minded folks, pun fully intended). :thumbsup:

Pathing operations are going forward on the curves.

I've actually been able to use Bender to turn the pathing for curves into a "paint-by-numbers" exercise.  This is a far cry from the days of yore--I still remember how long it took me to path that 9x9 Rail 90° Curve several years ago.

-Alex

Nice, smooth curved NRD-4. Continue working, NAM Team!

mgb204

And we have lift off for the base GLRxSAM pieces:

Just porting that code now so it works for the other GLR styles (Rural, Alt Grass/SW). Once that's done, I'll add some stability code so you can have junctions and other pieces next to the crossings. At that point it's just a copy/paste job (a LOT  &Thk/( of copy/pasting), to cover every SAM mod from 2-11.

Mad_genius

Guys you need to stop!!!! You're making me drool all over the floor almost daily.  ;D ;D ;D

Just kidding. Keep up the awesome work. I'll fetch a broom to clean the mess.  :P

b22rian

MGB,

Thanks so much for your efforts here  :thumbsup:

I think it had to because I have only seen limited use as a game player with the SAM pieces.., that this came as a surprise to myself... I did start out using the SAM content a lot during there earlier releases.. But I had no idea until your posting here that the GLR X SAM was non - functional with these crossings until your posting came out  &mmm

Greatly appreciated what your doing here, especially in light of the fact of the amount of content you have to mod, and it does sound like somewhat tedious work here to make this happen for the rest of us, so its just that much more appreciated by myself your taking the time to do all of this ...

gn_leugim

Excellent! With these new SAM compatibilities they are no longer limited in city use, we can exploit the most of them! Good to see them seeing some love! :D

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

metarvo

Now GLR in the historic brick street district is not out of reach.  Great work!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

eggman121

Just dropping this here  ::)

These intersections are very common on rural four lane Highways in Victoria.

-eggman121

Seaman

wait, whaaaaa....????

Akallan

Wow, it seems to me that this type of roundabout is dangerous ... I find it very strange that a roundabout is built in the middle of a highway, the risk of accident is high.

In Switzerland / Europe, for this type of configuration, sub-channels or viaducts are used.

Anyway, it does not detract from the beauty of the work. &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

eggman121

Quote from: Akallan on November 19, 2017, 11:32:07 AM
Wow, it seems to me that this type of roundabout is dangerous ... I find it very strange that a roundabout is built in the middle of a highway, the risk of accident is high.

In Switzerland / Europe, for this type of configuration, sub-channels or viaducts are used.

Anyway, it does not detract from the beauty of the work. &apls

Thanks Akallan, Seaman and everyone else that hit Like

They are dangerous intersections. But when traffic volumes are down these are the intersections that are employed.

Here is one example

I personally hate having them on Highways that I drive on but that is Australia for you  :innocent:

-eggman121

Kitsune

... I've been through actual highway roundabouts in Barbados that are rated for 80 km/h .... you do not want to know what its like to cross these things from the intersecting road.
~ NAM Team Member

Wiimeiser

That could also be used for an urban boulevard, maybe. Will the wider OWR be used for anything else?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

dyoungyn

I love maps and oh boy there are this type after one after another of this type of interchange (round-about) in the center.  The U.S. sort of has items similar to this just not as round.

Tarkus

Actually have a 3-way version of one of these not too far from me, at the junction of OR-99W and OR-47 . . . used to drive through it regularly, in fact (I basically learned to drive on OR-99W).

-Alex

Seaman

It appears to me, that (although shaped like one) this is, in fact, not a roundabout rather than a sort of shifted intersection. The right of way of the main road seems to go clearly through and the separated middle helps drivers on the intersecting road to focus only one direction, where traffic might come from.
And its waaay cheaper to build this than a subchannel or viaduct.

I love it for the sake of diversity this might ad to the range of intersections in SC4. I'm really looking forward to you opening your REW-box of wonders, eggman :)

Wiimeiser

Actually, it might be safer if there was a way for traffic entering the expressway to merge slowly, so a version where the OWR-4 continues might be a good idea. In the longer term, maybe? A transition between the variant OWR-4 and NWM's OWR-4 would be nice as well.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...