• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Station

Started by nova vesfalo, May 14, 2007, 10:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nova vesfalo

Well , because I've though there isn't enough HSRP station , I've decided : Let's try to made one !

Ok, it's my first bat :) It will be 5x16 (maybe it's too much don"t know, actualy it's an hub for Hight Speed railway, so those station need a lot place ....)

The roof of the station is a "garden" and the façade will at the street level glassed and the rest wil be in perforated metal (have to find some real detail of those facades)

I've just implemented the escalors :

thundercrack83

This would be outstanding, nova! I can't wait to see more of your development of it. I would love to see more HSRP stations!

Vario80

Hi Nova, i think the size is just right for a Railway station. Good start, i'm keeping an eye on your project. :thumbsup:
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

Badsim

Ambitious .... I love the concept of a garden as roof . :thumbsup: , I'll keep an the two eyes on this . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

mightygoose

indeed a great project. good luck. cant wait to see the finished product.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

That's a wonderful project! Also looking forward to the finished product!

sebes

Ohhhh, very nice... We needed more diversity in HSRP-stations, especially for the CBD areas. Do you plant to make platforms for other mass transit as well? (at least train, subway, bus and maybe even GLR?)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

nova vesfalo

thanks folks ! It's progressing :) It's planed to had some other connexion (well subway why not because I had no effect on the external layout of the station), I've thought El train or train, no Glr planed, I would prefered el train because it had the same heigh of the HSR.

Emperor Stormont

Watching this with interest, would love to use this once finished

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

thundercrack83

Hey, nova! Just stopping in to see how things are progressing.

Quote from: nova vesfalo on May 18, 2007, 08:10:53 AM
thanks folks ! It's progressing :) It's planed to had some other connexion (well subway why not because I had no effect on the external layout of the station), I've thought El train or train, no Glr planed, I would prefered el train because it had the same heigh of the HSR.

I agree that the EL train would be the best connection to have with this (in addition to the subway), but what about a bus stop, too?

nova vesfalo

things are not so quickely progressing, had some problem to find the height of the el train and HSR to adjust the building, still try to made a great texture, and not sure about making an interiout would be worth it ....

For El train I think I will add it ! and yes a bus stop, have to find a great place for it  :)

thanks for stoping  :)

kwakelaar

Very ambitous and interesting. The interiour picture looks very good, I look forward to see how you will get something like that effect in gmax.

nova vesfalo

well , this station is a bit to complex for me at the moment, but don't stop the project. So for my first bat I will do a less big station :

it's a HSR station ( 4 X 8) inspirated by Toyo ito's building: Tod's

btw, as you can see on the pic the roof on the railway platform is to hight ( 16m) but I don't know the height of a train on SC, does a roof at an heigh of 8 will be suitable for a train ?
Had some problem with texturing... maybe my concrete texture isn"t enough good....

nova vesfalo

well it's progressing quite fast, the facades are finish( well not the texturing - my new concrete texture isn't very great, is it ?) I have to add the glass pannel, and after making the interiors ( shop, the platform, the entrance,....)

vester

Looking good so far.

...but if this is you first bat, then maybe you should try something even smaller, like a 2-3 storey residence house, maybe one from your neighbourhood.

It will makes good practice.

Snaper

Bravo Nova, This last station is very nice, great start  :thumbsup:

The height of the air rails are with 16m, I think  &Thk/(

J'ai hâte de voir la suite  ;)

thundercrack83

This looks like it's coming along quite well, nova! I'll be anxious to see some more development!