• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Good work Fred!

Once you have uploaded the Set 2A and 2B I will add the links to my read me and then send the stuff to the chosen one who will then see if he/she can finish my job.

Greetings,
Frank

xxdita

69 models, 69 prop desc's. Everything seems in order. I'll go ahead and certify the pack. These look really nice!

mrbisonm

Quote from: xxdita on January 02, 2020, 04:47:53 PM
69 models, 69 prop desc's. Everything seems in order. I'll go ahead and certify the pack. These look really nice!

Thank you, really appreciated

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

This is Part II of my uploading adventure.

The MFP1 Set 2A has been made available on the Lex and later on the STEX. Props only.

These are Solid Manure models, all that you need to keep your sh** in and the stables clean. The empty storagepens could be used as industrial models. There will also be an Add-on later, since not all of the solid manure files have been included for the moment. I think that there is in between 8 and 10 files of this set left to test and finish.

Have Fun....

https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3901

Fred

Edit: The MFP1 Set 2B has also been made available on the Lex and later on the STEX. Props only. Most pics and descriptions were already done.
These are the Liquid Manure models, tanks and pumps etc. I don't know if there will be an Add-on on this later, we'll see...... This set contains 30 prop-models

Enjoy

https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3902

Fred

kbieniu7

Hi Frank and Fred,

I'm sorry to hear all the issues that you encountered recently in real life. I wish that you hopefully find your ways trough.

Thank you for all of your contribution to the community and hope that you both will still keep at least lurking at the forum from time to time :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

fantozzi

Picture from a big farmers protest in Berlin this weekend.

They are really upset about poiticians never been in touch with nature and only used to pick their agricultural products from supermarkets making absurd laws.

It's the old problem. Intense breeding produces more liquid manure that can be absorbed by the fields and spoils ground water. So they making law to restrict the use of liquid manure. Which only puts pressure on farmes but doesen't resolve any problem: where to put all the slurry?

Well, in SC4 we could create a slurry dehydration facility - because by dehydration you can make excellent fertilizer from slurry.

fantozzi

Thank you, Fred, for your farming props releases. This is an exciting event!
%BUd% %BUd%  :clap: %BUd% %BUd%  :clap: %BUd% %BUd% :clap: %BUd% %BUd% :clap: %BUd% %BUd%

xxdita

The prop packs themselves look good. My only hesitation with 2A is that it's in a RAR rather than a zip. Would you mind redoing the upload in a zip, Fred? 2B has been certified. I'll certify 2A as soon as it's in a zip.

mrbisonm

Quote from: xxdita on January 18, 2020, 08:54:54 AM
The prop packs themselves look good. My only hesitation with 2A is that it's in a RAR rather than a zip. Would you mind redoing the upload in a zip, Fred? 2B has been certified. I'll certify 2A as soon as it's in a zip.

I will make it so later this week. Thank You.
What's wrong with rar though?

Fred

EDIT:

Done. Should be zip now. Thank You

xxdita

With RAR's, you have to download a program, whereas zips can be opened by Windows itself. (Not sure about MACs). Zips have been the community standard on LEX and STEX for as long as I've been around.

Now you have it as a zipx. I don't even know what program to use for that.

AsimPika3172

For Windows, use Winzip. For MAC, use iZip.
I loves Sim City forever!

mrbisonm

Quote from: xxdita on January 19, 2020, 02:56:44 AM
With RAR's, you have to download a program, whereas zips can be opened by Windows itself. (Not sure about MACs). Zips have been the community standard on LEX and STEX for as long as I've been around.

Oh my.....lol...when I open it, opens with winzip. That's waht I downloaded anyways... You have a linkie for "your" winzip we need for the upload??? There are sooooo many.....lolé <To be honest, I uploaded the others with the same zip....really don't understand why this one is in RAR.

Fred

Simmer2

Quote from: mrbisonm on January 19, 2020, 09:15:13 PM

Oh my.....lol...when I open it, opens with winzip. That's waht I downloaded anyways... You have a linkie for "your" winzip we need for the upload??? There are sooooo many.....lolé <To be honest, I uploaded the others with the same zip....really don't understand why this one is in RAR.

Fred

Hi Fred.
If you are using Windows XP or 7 right click on the folder you want to zip and a window will open with a list of items. One line will say "add to archive..." click on that and the Zip dialog window will open. On the left you should see 2 option for formatting Zip or RAR.
By default RAR is picked, just click on the ZIP dot and then "ok", it will start the zip process.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

xxdita

Quote from: Simmer2 on January 20, 2020, 07:27:55 AM

Fred

Hi Fred.
If you are using Windows XP or 7 right click on the folder you want to zip and a window will open with a list of items. One line will say "add to archive..." click on that and the Zip dialog window will open. On the left you should see 2 option for formatting Zip or RAR.
By default RAR is picked, just click on the ZIP dot and then "ok", it will start the zip process.

Nick

In Windows 10, right click on the file or folder to be zipped, then select the Send To menu. There will be a selection for Compressed (zipped) folder. No outside programs necessary.

mrbisonm

Quote from: xxdita on January 20, 2020, 07:54:31 AM
Quote from: Simmer2 on January 20, 2020, 07:27:55 AM

Fred

Hi Fred.

Nick

In Windows 10, right click on the file or folder to be zipped, then select the Send To menu. There will be a selection for Compressed (zipped) folder. No outside programs necessary.

Ok, so I did upload the new file. Since all my SC stuff is on a computer that has Win XP, I zipped it as Nick mentioned by rightclicking and choosing the zip.

It should be ok now. At least I hope so, if not, then I am out of options...

Thanks for the patience

Fred

xxdita

The files are definitely in a zip now. With the RAR inside as well.

I've taken the liberty of removing the RAR file, as its contents duplicate what's already in the zip and may confuse people.

The file is now certified. Really looking forward to seeing these in the game!

mrbisonm

Quote from: xxdita on January 22, 2020, 10:33:51 AM
The files are definitely in a zip now. With the RAR inside as well.

I've taken the liberty of removing the RAR file, as its contents duplicate what's already in the zip and may confuse people.

The file is now certified. Really looking forward to seeing these in the game!

lol.....sorry for the RAR file inside the zip, I have no idea how it got in there..... Excuse my problems and arguments with my computer.....and me sometimes. Glad it worked out though, thanks for helping me out.

Fred

xxdita

Minor clerical work, don't sweat it. I'm looking forward to seeing the lots in-game soon.

mrbisonm

Quote from: xxdita on January 25, 2020, 01:41:17 AM
Minor clerical work, don't sweat it. I'm looking forward to seeing the lots in-game soon.

Other (more of the MFP1) uploads coming in february....

Edit: I will be a little later on this, been too busy elsewhere, but I'll be back in a few months or so.
Fred

FrankU

Good news!

Finally....

Is has taken more than a decade, but now this thread seems to find it's end.

I have just uploaded the final set of the long awaited FrankU Dutch Farm Lots Stages 1 - 5.

LEX
STEX

It contains 110 lots, trying to reconstruct the Dutch agricultural atmospheres.
As you may remember (or even have in youe Plugins) there is a Dutch Farms Set Stage 0, there are FrankU Maxis replacement farms and some other stuff. You might like to use this set now too.

After the CD's did not play anymore because of some Windows 7 update I had left the game.
But last months I felt the urge to come back, so I decided to buy it again as a download from GoG.
Tyberius06 helped me with some tips and tricks.
So I am back now.
Now that the Farms Set is from the To Do list, I should find time to play the game and work on the region I have still lying around.

No images yet, because I have to find an Image hosting site, as Photobucket doesn't seem to look useful anymore.

FrankU