• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

European House Add-on (EHA) by Gn_Leugim

Started by gn_leugim, July 30, 2012, 12:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

The scales by Maxis are a mess!
Your model fits perfectly to the Maxis model you took as example, but the other two Maxismodels, shown in the right hand part of this image
Quote from: gn_leugim on August 07, 2012, 11:25:38 AM

do not fit at all!

So I suggest: let your model be the size as it is now. The variations are good and for the foundation I suggest you take a darker grey.

gn_leugim

thank you for your opinion ;) but I was talking about 2 diferente colors for two different foundations ;) I'll take that as a grey and beige vote  :thumbsup:

jmyers2043

I think, if it were my bat, that I'd have one foundation. But have it contrast with the gray builidng by using a netrual gray block texture. It will be the same but different.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

gn_leugim

that would be a way to go indeed, but I have in mind a set of foundations, and as a vote from majority, I made them beige and grey.

I think that this one is done  :thumbsup: and you??

Lousy Apartments is its name... how it should be in other languages? :D

MandelSoft

Dutch: Saaie Flatwoningen
German: Platten Mietwohnungen
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

art128

In my opinion, like you made on the last screenshot is great :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

riiga

Swedish: Hemska hyresrätter

Great work!  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Beautiful models! Don't change anything.
Saaie Flats or Saaie Flatwoningen.

gn_leugim

thank you all for your opinions and suggestions, I will include them in the BAT :)

gn_leugim

well, RL has take me some time but I manage to do this one. it is based on a real life building.

I am not that much pleased about it, but tell me about your selves what you think :)

kbieniu7

About previous bat (Lousy Apartments):
Polish: Liche mieszkania.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

jmyers2043

Quote from: gn_leugim on August 15, 2012, 03:36:40 AM
I am not that much pleased about it

I don't know why. It is a nice model. The roof texture is good and there are vents and sky lights to add visual interest. The front ground level widows are well done the the glassed in area of the balcony also adds something one does not see in the game. Additional things can perk the model up. A pair of chairs on the balcony, a small container garden like herbs or tomatoes for the gourmet cook who lives in the upstairs apartment. You could also model a retractable awning. Add a clothes line if the home is to be R$. Don't forget the back of the building. A door and steps leading outside, a light to illuminate the steps at night and a power meter or service entrance for gas. How about adding a chimney at one of the rear corners for the furnace.

art128

Don't forget an access to the roof! Nice model btw. ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

Quote from: jmyers2043 on August 15, 2012, 04:51:06 AM
Quote from: gn_leugim on August 15, 2012, 03:36:40 AM
I am not that much pleased about it

I don't know why. It is a nice model. The roof texture is good and there are vents and sky lights to add visual interest. The front ground level widows are well done the the glassed in area of the balcony also adds something one does not see in the game. Additional things can perk the model up. A pair of chairs on the balcony, a small container garden like herbs or tomatoes for the gourmet cook who lives in the upstairs apartment. You could also model a retractable awning. Add a clothes line if the home is to be R$. Don't forget the back of the building. A door and steps leading outside, a light to illuminate the steps at night and a power meter or service entrance for gas. How about adding a chimney at one of the rear corners for the furnace.

now that's some useful suggestions I shall take care of it, thank you  :thumbsup:

btw, the clothline is already present, cant you tell?  :-[

Quote from: art128 on August 15, 2012, 07:05:31 AM
Don't forget an access to the roof! Nice model btw. ;)

I was hopping it could be done through the nightsky :p not good?  :-[

art128

QuoteI was hopping it could be done through the nightsky :p not good?  :-[

Oh, of course it's good then. I've seen that done before.  :thumbsup:

Oh also. For the second floor I think you can add an additional door to the balcony. $%#Ninj2

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

Art128: the balcony door is that "square thing" is a window/door. so it is in the building in real life :p

Well, after remodeling a bit, following some advices I present you the latest version(s):

gn_leugim

sorry the double post but...
I wanna show you them alone in game with....

yes, custom foundations :P

and now two snapshots of a town where EHA rule :D

Btw, those grey square tall boxes are not mine if you ask. not all you see is Maxis and EHA :p

art128

Looks quite good! So these are windows/doors eh.. Well it looked small that's why. :P

Props & Texture Catalog

jmyers2043

Quote from: art128 on August 24, 2012, 03:02:24 AM
Looks quite good! So these are windows/doors eh.. Well it looked small that's why. :P

Seeing the wide shot makes all the difference. I like your apartment buildings very much.

- Jim

FrankU