• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to know when SC4 is approaching that level of realism

Started by threestooges, November 29, 2013, 01:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

I was browsing through Youtube videos when I stumbled across a movie trailer for the movie Ride Along: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE_Fn-fLsZw. Go ahead and pause it around 0:09-0:10 and let me know if that doesn't look like a slightly edited shot from SC4.

schokoladeneis1

It's a real life shot but it's color graded like the new sim city. The colors are very saturated and they used an anamorphic cine-lens for the air shot, that's why the edges are blurry similar to the tilt-shift-effect in simcity.

MTT9

It actually does!! I'ts amazing how much SC4 resembles real life from that camera angle :)
You can call me Matt

Varnado

The first couple times I rode a plane after really getting into SimCity 4, I was amazed at how much most of the cities I passed over had in common visually with typical SC4 shots. Especially with flat and well organized Midwestern style cities like Milwaukee and the eastern suburbs of Denver, it looked like almost everything could be reproduced in game given the right set of mods and loads of time.
Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.