• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rest In Peace Barby.

Started by TheTeaCat, March 18, 2015, 04:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eblem

My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

She was also a great inspiration for me, she taught many aspects of modding in SC4 and helped me in some creations I did for SC4Devotion as like Plaza Mall and many other content, which influenced later over my professional life.

-Eblem

gn_leugim

I am shocked by this sad news.

My contact with her was brief and spaced in time, but enough to see how good person she was. We shall remember her and the legacy she leaves in SC4 (community).

My very sincere condolences to all relatives and friends.

- Carlos

Rayden

I can see now on the home page a link to this thread, thank you to whom had that idea. I would like as well that from now on on the 17th March we all could  remember this day to honor this incredible lady, perhaps marking this event on the calendar (like birthdays) and leave some words of praise on her memory. I think she would love that!!

Bongoswimp

So sad to hear this.

She was the one who taught me the little I did in modding...too soon I stopped working on SC4 stuff. A missed opportunity probably.
I'll always remember her as the helpful, friendly and hardworking mentor she was.

My sincerest condolences to friends and family. Farewell Goddess!
I'm the Knight of Spamalot
And I like to push the pram a lot

vortext

Sad news. Though I've never been in direct contact with her, her numerous posts taught me a great deal as well. My condolences to her family and friends.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

bap

This is really sad news. For me it was a pleasure to interact with her. Her contributions to the SC4 community are a legacy not to be forgotten. Rest in peace, Barby.

metarvo

()sad()

This is a heartbreaking loss for me and for the community as a whole.  Barby truly had a talent.  I will certainly never forget her.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Kergelen

My sincere condolences to her family and all who had known her. I never talk with her but learned quite a lot of things reading her posts and tutorials.

Links to SC4 websites

mrbisonm

This is one of the most saddest things I have heard in this community. Barby was one of my ( and everyone elses) oldest friends here on SC4D and ST. She has been so much creative and useful with her ideas, mods for simcity and help on almost anything on this site, that she will be greatly missed. Like Rayden said, this should become a remembering date for this site.  :(

May you rest in Peace now BarbyW, we will always remember you.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

samu64

I'm very sorry ... condolences.
Even if I'm new ...

NCGAIO

Despite having exchanged only one post was easy to recognize their empathy and all his good will with all that means  provide their knowledge of the game and following readings of your old posts also realize how important was his activity within the community .

My condolences to family and all who were more next

noahclem

Heh, two of my first six PM responses here were from her and both were kind and patient responses to fairly silly questions :D  It's good to remember how helpful she was to the newest members as well as to the most experienced and dedicated.

Schulmanator

Barby has been a great influence in the SC4 community and she will be missed, though she will live on in the hearts of the SC4 community.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

xxdita

One of the finest people I've ever known. Her dedication to this game and the community was a big part of what kept me playing SC4 for so long.

Thank you Barby.

c.p.

Wow, this is really shocking and sad news.  With all the modding, lotting, tutorial writing and organizing Barby has done for people (much of it behind the scenes), she has probably left more of an imprint on the on the SC4 community than anyone else.  I never met her in real life, but have interacted with her at the BSC site and in PMs.  Looking back, she impresses me as a very spirited person with a passion for bringing content excellence to the community, but who also loved to have fun and crack a joke.  I'm only realizing now how much she really was The Goddess.  RIP Barby.

compdude787

Since I didn't really know Barby while I've been active here on this forum, (I only knew about her from seeing some of her posts and her contributions to content on the LEX) I really couldn't sympathize or relate to you very much because I never really had this sort of experience myself. But this morning, our family's dog just died unexpectedly. :( What a terrible way to begin a Friday! I won't go into too many details, but my point is that now I understand how much it must hurt to have someone close to you die. You have my deepest sympathies and condolences; now I can really understand what you're going thru.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Simcoug

She was a giant among the SC4 community, and she will be greatly missed by this 'family'.  My condolences to all her friends and family.

threestooges

She was a pillar of this community, of the BSC, and gave freely of herself, her energy, to others. I can only echo what has already been said by others. She left her mark on the game, this site, and people. She will be missed.
-Matt

TheTeaCat

It's taken a few days for this to sink in and now I can really say how much I'll miss Barbara.

I am so sorry to have been the one to break this news and you can see the effect this has had on people.

BarbyW's legacy will live on through the effect she has had in the SC4 community with her wonderful lotting work, her efforts to promote the community, her patience, her skill in passing on knowledge, in solving and creating wonderful mods,lotting and just been in love with a game.

I remember my first personal message to BarbyW. 

I was scared, did I use the right words? was I(such a novice at the time) been presumptuous? Would she even read my pm? this is like going up to the President or King or Queen and saying .... "Can you do this for me please?"

I asked her if she would be so kind as to make a lot for me to put in my village at the time.

I was shocked by her initial reply it was "No!"

I panicked for a bit because I though I was been rude.

But 30 seconds later I got another reply " I won't make it for you , but I'll show you how"

I was never so happy to go back to school, I learned so much from this wonderful lady!!! I ended up getting  some of my work on the LEX ( what a proud day that was) though after many,many rejections  ;D 

I learned how to make a lot properly (before the days of PIM-X), make an installer, make a read me , test, break my lots, fix the problems etc! "This was wrong, that was wrong, you need to do this and how many times .... and the inevitable ...... "I give up", "Oh come on, I've explained this to so so many times" and then the Eureka moment!!!

And I can see it now, the smile on her face when she knew I got it!

And the very first Lot I ever uploaded anywhere generated a reply from her (within an hour) that makes me smile to this day.
She was so proud of me, it still makes me choke up!

I'll miss you Babara

Derry

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Rayden

I just went through some of the chats I had with her on MSN, we used to spend hours talking to each other. We talked about anything, work, SC4, modding, ourselves, even cycling, she and her husband loved cycling. I remember we arguing about Lance Armstrong, cheering for Evans. We also use to exchange opinions about this and that member at Devotion, possible candidates for the BSC team, scrutinizing works. For example when Kelis first presented his work, she asked me to help because she couldn't explain in Spanish what he should do properly to have his bat on the LEX, and she knew I was good with that language, while she could only order "una cerveza por favor". I laugh a lot when she wrote that.
I really miss now our late night chats on MSN and later on Facebook, and all the time we spent trying to outcome each other on Farmville and Cafe World.

Thank you Barbara for being my friend. Rest in peace dear Goddess.