• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to Adjust Your Budget

Started by dedgren, January 11, 2007, 08:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

I was asked by a reader of my Mayor's Diary, Three Rivers Region [linkie], how I come by the billions of simoleans I need in order to develop my region.  I thought I'd share the answer with a wider audience than the couple of folks who might accidentally stumble onto an increasingly old post in 3RR.

I used to use Daeley's budget adjustment banks [linkie] to get additional funds.  They're pretty cool, but since I've become aware of the "Moolah" cheat game parameter adjustment code, I just cut right to the chase and use it.

So let's look at an example.  Here, 3RR Quad 122's treasury only has a piddly 64,000 or so simoleans on hand.

But we want to do big things...

...expensive big things...

So, we'll bring up the cheat game adjustment parameter input box by pressing the [ Ctrl ] and [ X ] keys at the same time.  When the box appears, we type the code Moolah followed by a space and the amount of additional funding we desire, in this case fifty million simoleans.

After pressing [ Enter ], we see the following.

Oh, man!  Already spent 172 simoleans.  And that's a heck of a transaction fee, the 63,933 simoleans I had originally have disappeared!  Kind of like the ATM at the corner 7-Eleven [linkie].

What the code does is adjust whatever you have in the treasury to the amount you enter, and the game continues from there.

Now, if you are interested in other game adjustment parameters, I commend your attention to this thread [linkie], where Game Code God Buggi has made available to us the Extra Cheats DLL [linkie].  The thread explains all.

Enjoy!
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jeronij

Ha ha ha  :D , quite easy and useful  &apls
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Diggis

and here i was thinking this was going to be about how you got millions by adjusting budget sliders on buildings etc.  &hlp (no reason for this except i like it $%Grinno$%)

bat

thundercrack83

Quote from: Diggis on January 23, 2007, 12:11:07 PM
and here i was thinking this was going to be about how you got millions by adjusting budget sliders on buildings etc.  &hlp (no reason for this except i like it $%Grinno$%)

I was thinking the same thing! This is MUCH easier! Great job, David!

Rayden

I always used that nice plopping palm tree that gives you 5 billion at the end of each month. I usually plop it and after one month, I make fire wood of it, and cash the cheque $%Grinno$% You can find it at the stex, but don't ask me the name coz I can't remember it. &mmm

jplumbley

Hey Dedgren, very nifty trick, cheat, helpful tool.... what ever you want to call it.

I am pretty sure there is another way of doing this aswell, but I think it would avoid those pesky "Dedgren must Cheat" announcements in the city press.  There is an exemplar in the save game files (I think) that holds a property that determines what value your city bank had in its last save.  If you change this value and save the file with the Reader... you might just be changing the simoleons in your city.

I have never tried this... so dont quote me on it.  I am just pretty sure and dont plan on trying it any time soon.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

thundercrack83

Quote from: Rayden on May 09, 2007, 12:09:04 PM
I always used that nice plopping palm tree that gives you 5 billion at the end of each month. I usually plop it and after one month, I make fire wood of it, and cash the cheque $%Grinno$% You can find it at the stex, but don't ask me the name coz I can't remember it. &mmm

Here it is: Super Cash Park by stardog13.

I use that myself, however, you can't go to far with how much money you make with it. According to stardog13 in the description, "WARNING!: Simcity may crash when you have $1 trillion or more." I usually build it, make the $4 billion and bulldoze. If you go through that $4 billion, just do it again!

Howling

Not a single download link from neither Simtropolis' forums or SC4D works. Somebody?
Lurkiest Lurking Lurker of the SimCity 4 community.
Bldng. | my BATs and research into urban density | Sebasvandenbrink.nl | Help grow Hopburg!

thundercrack83

Quote from: Howling on May 10, 2007, 01:46:23 PM
Not a single download link from neither Simtropolis' forums or SC4D works. Somebody?

Really? They're working for me. Do you have a firewall on, and if so, did you try disabling it to download? I know whenever I try to download Mods from ST, I have to disable Norton Internet Security to do so. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what it could be.

Rayden

Quote from: thundercrack83 on May 09, 2007, 12:19:14 PM
Here it is: Super Cash Park by stardog13.

I use that myself, however, you can't go to far with how much money you make with it. According to stardog13 in the description, "WARNING!: Simcity may crash when you have $1 trillion or more." I usually build it, make the $4 billion and bulldoze. If you go through that $4 billion, just do it again!

That's the one, I too, using only for one month and when it get 4 billion, it delete it. :thumbsup:

mittfh

When I need an instant cash boost, I call on the services of Moolah.

However, as I'm too generous with the way I treat my Sims, I often also need help getting my books to balance.

Unlike others in this thread, I prefer a more realistic addition to my balance than mega millions. Cue - the Cash Bunker (available on the STEX), which gives you a more modest 5,000 Simoleons per month in your treasury. It's a fairly distinctive lot - a metal bunker sitting on a plaza - but as it's only 1x1 in size, I suggest you either add a sign or put it somewhere fairly memorable, so that whenever you're making a net profit of over 5,000 Simoleons per month, you can find your bunkers and demolish one. Although you can plop any number of these bunkers, I prefer to avoid plopping more than 2 (10,000 Simoleons/month), so I still have to keep an occasional eye on my finances.

And while I'm here, two money-related things that i think would be A Good Idea (TM) for a future version of SimCity (5 would be nice, but since that may already be in testing phase, 5 Expansion Pack 1)...
1) Given the amount of money mods around for SC4, maybe make it a little easier to balance your books...
2) I like the ability to micro-manage funding, but it can get frustrating to remember to head into the budget panel every few years to tweak the settings. How about the ability to delegate a customisable amount of funding decisions to your advisors? Make them earn their salary!

writingliberty

You can make a decent amount of money without cheating by using creative city design and toll booths.

For example, in a region I'm working on now (with a population of about 75K spread over 4 cities) my central city has a river through the center with only one crossing point. This is a freeway bridge with a tollbooth at each end. All of the heavy industry (actually all the industry except for farms) and most of the commercial in the whole region is east of the bridge, while over 60% of the residential is west of the bridge.

Daily traffic on the bridge is something like 9000 cars and the city it's in is making $30K a month in income, with expenses of about $8K supporting a population of 15K....

superhands

yes! found the thread again!
I was using this cheat when suddenly after a few days of RL i came back to SC4 and had forgot the spelling.
:thumbsup:

edit: ah....... relax my hand will never have to type in weaknesspays ever again

ShadeSlayer

The BSC Bank works pretty nicely, too.

Dino007

TIGR

MandelSoft

The BSC Funding Mod works also fine for me. I can build a heck of a lot of thing, and it doesn't cost me a penny!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

mike3775

I never knew this trick

I usually plop a few super cash parks, then use the friendly simoleon park to augment the budget

As far as jplumbley pointed out, I get a typing monkey statue out of this trick, which I usually plop right near my city hall when it gets built. 

writingliberty

I usually just use tollbooths, along with a 5x tollbooth revenue mod.

dedgren

I've updated the linkies in the original post, as they were broken.  In these times, we need all the budget help we can get.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax