• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rorysville: The Journey into sports returns

Started by canuck3360, June 11, 2016, 07:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canuck3360

Some of you may know me,some may not and some may go hey isn't that the guy who....... In any way I've been removed from the entire SC world for a while and have decided I want to give er a go again. Please be patient with me as we start back up on this Journey into Rorysville.

A little history on this MD
Rorysville was created 28 years ago in my mind and has grown. I started the Country in SC4 with 12 separate regions acting as their own states. The nation may best be known in communities here for it's Simlympic and STHL Glory. It ran for 4 years on Simsports website(which it will go back up on as well) so without further adeau Welcome to Rorysville I hope you come back soon.

woodb3kmaster

Well, this is a pleasant surprise!

Welcome back, Canuck. It certainly has been a while, hasn't it? I suppose we all need a break sometimes, but I'm glad to see you getting back into the SC4 community. I look forward to seeing Rorysville again -- and if there's any way I can help with revitalizing SimSports etc., feel free to drop me a PM. :)

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

canuck3360

Replies-
Woodb3kmaster-Thanks, it has been a while RL took it's toll that's for sure. As to Simsports thanks I'm hoping we can get it rolling again.

Without further adeau
We start our journey back by landing on Cape Lookout in the northern part of Rorysville State.
Cape Lookout is a summer vacation paradise many residents from all over RV State take the drive and stay in one of the resort hotels or rent a home. From May till September Cape Lookout is packed with Tourists flocking to enjoy the Lake Perry Shoreline. October through April the City is not busy at all. The economy depends on the summer season.

Point Lookout Light is one of the first beacons seen when crossing Lake Perry from Marceau with GPS the light system isn't needed anymore but serves as a great spot to watch sunrises on the lake or view boats coming into either Lawrence Harbour or the Lakeshore Naval Base

Wind Power is the biggest industry outside of tourism in Cape Lookout

RCGS Cutter 447 Arthurs Docked at Cape Lookout Coast Guard Station. Also in the Pic is Floyd Field once home to the Single A Cape Lookout Whitecaps(the Whitecaps moved to Highlands in 2008) The stadium today hosts High School games. A new independent minor league team will start play in June there as the Cape Lookout Pirates.
Just outside this picture is Pub Row the lakeshore regions largest collection of Pubs.

See you all again soon!

romualdillo

korver

Looks fantastic so far, can't wait to see what else you have in store  :)

Pat

Hey Rory great to see you back!! looking like a great start and hopefully you can get the family involved in playing too ;-)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

vortext

Hope you don't mind I creeped on your post history because I couldn't recall your name. No wonder because as it turns out you were active before I became a member, or had even started my own return journey to SC4!  :D

Great to see longtime members back in action, and nice pictures to boot.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

canuck3360

Replies-
romualdillo-Thanks
korver-Thank you, hope to see you again
Pat- Thanks and we will see my wife tried but didn't like it she's a sims player
vortext- thanks and nope don't mind at all

and for today's update
Today marks 214 years since Rorysville fired it's first shots on the road to freedom. St. Gaz Day(July 7th) is celebrated nationwide as one of 2 major holidays celebrating Rorysville's independence from British rule. In Rorysville City there's a week long celebration and huge events
-Summerslam Festival July 3 -July6)
 -Nightly Concerts at Celtic Field
 -Concerts at Pier 3 Concert Hall,North Beach and Bank of RV Square
 -200 plus bands over the course of 4 days
-RV National Airshow(July 1 - July 3,July 7)  
 -RV Waterfront
-RV Hydroplane Races(July 4-July 7)
 -Ayre Waterfront
 -Qualifing July 4-6
 -RV Cup race July 7
-Tall Ships festival (July 1 - July 8)
 -Bayside Waterfront
-National Parade(July 7)
-Challenge Shield preshield crossover game (July 7)
 - Rorysville v Marceau(6pm - Celtic Field)
-Capital Pond Street Fair(July 4 - July 10)
-42nd Street Festival (July 1 - July 7)
-Fortlands Street Festival (July 1 - July 10)

Plus Firework shows every night in different districts of Rorysville City culminating in the Capital Fireworks show on July 7th

canuck3360

Coming in August.....
The Challenge Shield is Rorysville's Premiere Football Tournament. 8 of the 12 States Qualify for the Shield and battle for supremacy. Much like the State of Origin in Australia the Teams are made up of Players representing the State they were born in. The Challenge Shield started in 1942 in the early days the shield was held every 6 years until the 1972 Shield where it switched toa  yearly tournament. Since then it has grown into one of the biggest events in Rorysville every year it coincides with RV Independence day for it's opening matches. The Shield has drawn international Interest as well ,the Group Stages get TV Coverage in RV(RVAC,MSN,Armed Forces Net), in the USA(Fox Soccer Plus), Canada(TSN 2), UK(ESPN UK),Scotland(Sky Sports), Australia(Fox Sports 1),New Zealand(Sky Sport), and France(Canal+ Sport)  and the Knockout Stages get televised in all those countries as well as a few others who pick up the Shield Final.

This year the Shield is in Sherbrooke
here's a couple pics as we get ready for the Shield

Shebrooke's Markam Aerospace Field Opened 4 years ago for Twin Cities United FC of the RFA it has a capacity of just under 60,000 it will host 2 Group stage matches as well as 2 Quarterfinal matches. It is currently being re sodded for the Shield it's first match will be on August 5th as Inverness and Douglas Islands will battle.

Ayotte Technologies Field is the newest of all the stadiums in the Twin Cities region. Home to the Val D' Or Rage of the RFL(American Football) it seats 62,000 and will host 3 Group Stage matches as well as a Semi-Final Matchup.

As you cross the Queen River between Sherbrooke and Val D'or the I-50 Bridge is decked out with ads for the Shield

see you all again soon!

kbieniu7

Hello there! One cool thing, is your stories, that you try to smuggle behind your pictures ;) Espesially with some graphical additions, like the fireworks. I must admit, I haven't seen them in sc4 threads for long time! It's just going back a little, to the times, when that was a popular fashion!  ;D

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

canuck3360

Replies-
kbieniu7-Thanks and considering when I started on doing MDs that's how they were guess I'm just showing my age.

The 2016 Challenge shield is here

The Shield starts the day after Rorysville Independence day. The top level pro soccer players play for their home state. The 12 States all play in March through May for qualifying the top 7 plus the host qualify for the shield.
This years edition

MD1- Sherbrooke v Marceau

Twin Cities Stadium after Sherbrooke's 2-1 Win over Marceau

Also now in it's 16th year the top Military Athletes play for their service in the Commander in Chief Cup this year marks the first year that it runs at the same time as the shield and in the same state as the shield.

Crystal Lake Memorial Stadium as Navy played the Marine Corps. Navy won 4-1 in front of a very heavy Marine crowd as MCAS Crystal Lake is across the river from the stadium

canuck3360

Shield Day 2 from Val D'Or

Ayotte Technologies Field during post game fireworks as Northlands and St. Joliet drew 2-2

vortext

Nice work with the team liveries!   :thumbsup:

Also really like the night pics, fireworks look great!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kbieniu7

Yup. Nice, that you pay attention to such details. The night pic - I see, you even coloured lights of cars driving on the highway and roads :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

canuck3360

Replies-
vortext-Thanks on both compliements
kbieniu7-Thanks and I couldn't have the highway look empty in a buys downtown at night

Days 3 & 4

Inverness v Douglas Islands as the Teams are announced at Markham Aerospace Field
Inverness would win 3-1

Lacroix Islands v Rorysville as 4 RVDF-18's of the Sherbrooke ANG flyover wrapping up the Anthem at The Val D'Or Forum
Rorysville dominates Laxroix with a 6-1 win

Akallan

I like your CJ, you make it very lively. The stadiums are beautiful too! :)
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

canuck3360

replies-
Akallan-Thanks I hope you continue to follow
MD5 and 6 of the 2016 Challenge Shield

Sunday's and Wednesdays in the Shield are matinee matches played usually at 2p

Twin Cities Stadium on a rainy Sunday afternoon as Marceau and Inverness meet
Marceau Wins 2-1

The Forum at Night as St. Joliet and the Lacroix Islands meet, Very few Stadiums in the Country have the atmosphere of The Forum at night.
St. Joliet wins 3-2

canuck3360

MDs 7 & 8

Twin Cities Stadium during Douglas Islands 2-1 win over Sherbrooke

The RFLs Val D'Or Rage opened the season at Ayotte Technologies Field against the Marceau Invasion during the game torrential downpours causing signaficant damage to the turf between the game and rain. As a result the field would be unplayable for the next 2 games there. Bridge City Insurance Field home of the Val D'Or Mets of the RBL was pressed into service a Soccer pitch was prepped and additional seating was placed in the Ballpark to make it ready for Soccer Games. BCIF will be used for the August 10th and 12th Matches it will be returned to baseall for the August 17th return home for the Mets

Bridge City Field as Rorysville defeats St. Joliet 3-2

canuck3360

Day 9

Markham Aerospace Field as Douglas Island beats Marceau 3-1

As we have one game left in Pool A here are the standings
State-W-L-D-GF-GA
Douglas Islands-2-1-0-5-5
Inverness-1-1-0-4-2
Sherbrooke-1-1-0-4-3
Marceau-1-2-0-4-6

art128

That's some great dedication with the different jersey designs.
Also nice to see you still have the Minute Maid Park. A shame the download link is dead since it's a good alternative to the Safeco Field for a large Baseball field.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog