• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Anyone with Max9 and BAT4Max willing to render?

Started by Patriots1228, August 07, 2007, 11:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriots1228

i posted this in the BLaM forum a few weeks ago, but noone noticed. please, if you have max9 and BAT4max, could you render somthing for me? ive been looking for a month now and am starting to get desperate. if you can, please pm me your email.

autoVino

I'd be glad to help, but how big is this something that you want to render?

Patriots1228

bout 200 meters tall. i forget the widths and hieghts. im guessing if you started the render before you go to sleep it would be done by the time you wake up.

autoVino

Hey, why not!  My computer also allows me to use internet and stuff while rendering (of course it's a tad bit slower, but still usable) so I'm pretty sure I can do it.  I just need to know what lighting rig to use, this is rather important because different rigs give different results.
Also, if you aren't using mr to render this, can I use mr, it's more realsitic and about 20 times faster than scanline.

Pat

ooo o oo ooo  a auto and patriots blender this should be interesting to follow as i think i know what you are trying to have rendered there patriots... if im not mistaken its the freedom tower??

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

autoVino

Well, if it's the freedom tower it shouldn't take over 12 hours, that is unless you have complex mia textures added to it...

Patriots1228

nope its huntington....freedom towers kinda messed up.

as i said in the email autovino, whatever you thinks best for the lighting you should do, seeing as you no more about this then i do. mr sounds nice, exspecially if it is faster.

autoVino

Ahh.  I decided to use the ies rig with mental ray... using mr sun sky you kind of need to use it from the start because it will bleach all your colours... just like in the real world... it also uses hdri.

Pat

Are you planning in redoing the Freedom Tower at all Patriots?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

autoVino

Gee, this tower is doing a good job of taking a long time... no worries, I'm at a party!  :party:
Other than that, I think it's coming out quite nicely.

File finsihed, about 5.9mb in size, though.  The script did a terrible job at putting the fsh files together, every zoom and rotation was bugged with thick blue lines... fixed it after 15 minutes of tedious work (big thanks to Ardecila for posting a tutorial on how to fix this!)

All looks good but it seems to be missing roof textures.

Roof textures fixed and I also found an issue with the lods and why the export takes so long... there were too many polygons on one of the pieces of the lod, which wasn't supposed to be there.