• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mave94

This is unbelievable!
Amazing, and you're right about the size...
Can't wait to be it finished :thumbsup:

Badsim

Thanks for your comments .  :)

Kergelen : The motorhomes are from SFBT  (Knapp/der Gammler & Andreas ) on the LEX : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2546

Quote from: knapp on February 23, 2011, 09:06:43 AM
I just saw the pics with my motorhomes and I think we should talk about these to fit them to an unique size. I tried to approachc the scale of the ingame cars but I might be wrong. And seeing the transporter at the left, I think there could be need of some remastering at the mobilehomes. So You don't need to work on them, I can render them again at any time. Feel free to send me a PM  ()stsfd()

Knapp : Well , I've done it myself using SC4 Model Tweaker . I don't know if it would useful to re-render these models , as it seems there's no consensus between creators about scale ... for exemple , I'm using HD car props from Girafe who is working at 130% , and Vnaoned who is working at 150% ... If I consider a proper average scale of 140% (and that's the case , the most important here being that everything  be at the same scale) , that means that I've to re-scale them all ... about 30 models from Vnaoned and about 140 ones from Girafe . As these 2 creators haven't uploaded their HD car props so far , I've decided to re-scale them all indeed , which , how boring the task is , is a lot easier & faster than to re-render them all ... That said , your models are beautiful !  &apls

Quote from: BourneID on February 23, 2011, 10:39:37 AM
I have been saying for years that the moyor mode plop-able menu is the most under appreciated tool in the game.  I am glad that someone is finally pushing the limits of what can be done with it to "populate" the sc4 world and breaking outta the box (lots) and doing more then just trees and rocks... 

Welcome at AntigOne sir !  :) Is Broome County still running ? So long that I've stopped to follow CJs at Simtropolis ... Well , after have spent years to LotEdit every single Lot I've used , I can't agree more ... With my BATers friends , we're already thinking about all stuff we could make ploppable for places in front of and behind houses . And the fact that the Mayor menu could quickly become as congested than the Landmarks or Parc&Recreation's ones ... well , that's just a bit too early to speak further about that .  ::)

***************************************************************************************

Jennets from Vnaoned are now seasonal , with a third (larger) model ,

From the previous set ;

Now reworked ;

1 -  Vnaoned's cars have been re-scaled with a factor of 0.9
2 -  Knapp's motorhomes have been re-scaled with a factor of 1.2
3 -  Porkissimo's conteneur ( trash can ) has been re-scaled with a factor of 0.8
4 -  Glenni's guardrail (from a  Blam prop pack ) had no shadow because his props aren't set with IsGroundModel = True , it has been corrected with Ilive Reader .
5 -  Picnic tables have been replaced by new HD props from Girafe .

First seasonal set showing all seasonal MMP(s) in action :

That's a pity new HD water flora(s)  from Air6 aren't seasonal , but he has lost all his models 3DS files since their first release ... These are the only 2 Lots used there :

So you can measure all the efficiency of the 17 MMp(s) created .  ::)

At least , something just for fun ...

Some of you may remind that Janapese Giant Clock , here on an old picture of AntigOne (2005)  . Numbers are separated and hourly timed props and I've just made a kind of digital clock with them :

Something very simple as you can see , to place somewhere in a corner of your city tile and which tells you what time it is for your Sims .

Well , that's perfectly useless , I know , but so fun ... $%Grinno$%

Thanks for your visit . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Yan077

I'm captivated by the beauty of the 3 seasonnal pictures  :o

Fabulous work  &apls &apls

Ps : I'm less captivated by your last project, but it's a funny work  ;)

Battlecat

Simply breathtaking!  I love how those seasonal scenes look!

Orange_o_

I think my friend, that people became aware of your madness with this clock.

Finally, the result with the change of the cars is amazing.

MMPs are a lot of work too, but we can be satisfied with the result. I think, for the sake of everyone, we'll soon be able to upload this work.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

cubby420

Quote from: Orange_o_ on February 28, 2011, 10:20:44 AM
I think, for the sake of everyone, we'll soon be able to upload this work.

Too true. I haven't attempted any new ponds or rivers since learning of these props and don't plan too until this release.  ;)  I'm just too interested in playing with these beautiful goodies. Thank you to all who have been working on these.

samerton

Amazing! I love the realism of the pictures! &apls

Lowkee33

May I interject?

QuoteThat's a pity new HD water flora(s)  from Air6 aren't seasonal , but he has lost all his models 3DS files since their first release

There is a fair amount you can do post-render.  (Another post, with links to another post, followed by Orange's link to TSC).  Models are S3D and FSH files.  S3Ds are the brains of a model, defining shadows, LODs etc.  FSH are only the image that is visible in-game, and can be exported in the latest (non-LEX) version of Reader.

First you export the FSH as a .png, and can then edit it in an image editing program that can handle alphas.  Often FSH from models do not retain the alpha during export, so if your image is a black and blocky, you need to select all of the black and alpha it.  Then you can get to play.  You could make the grass brown for winter or whatever cattails do.  This must be done for all zooms and rotations...

Once you are done you would re-import the PNGs as FSH in a new file.  Copy/Paste the originall S3Ds into this file.  Change the group of the FSH and S3Ds as to not over write the original.  That should be it, you will have an identical model with different colors.  I imagine more than just color changes could be made, but you would have a lot more work on your hands.

()lurker()

As far as this other MMP goes, I am very sorry for what I said.  I feel terrible about it.  My comment about Girafe's work was not at all an accusation, so if that means anything, you should know it.  The exemplars you and I made were very similar, such as using 10 models, and the first being the same.  Orange and I did talk about it, and I tried to get it on the LEX months ago, blah blah blah, I would rather converse about the good things, which here there are many.

QuoteThis site is large enough for us two to do not meet.

Not true.  If something comes up for the LEX there is a 100% chance I will be testing it (half the reason my work never comes out).  If you/TSC go for a LEX  upload we will need to have an open dialog.   I hope to see you around.

Badsim

http://www.youtube.com/v/HPwZxJWsfdg

Carl , I've removed my own agressive post ... so that page is definately turned . ;)

I know you'll find some mistakes in these MMP(s) because I've used some of yours (for seasonal ones ) and some of Chrisadam's ones as I've started to create MMp(s) to replace his flora with HD one (from Air6 and Vnaoned ) , so you'll find probably the same mistakes than the original ones ... But , with your scrutineering and help , I'm sure we're going to solve these minor issues and , finally , this TSC RuralPack we're working on will be , sooner or later , on the LEX . I've read with interest the FSH/3DS files process you're proposing but I don't feel experimented enough to try it myself and , if I believe in the concened BATers opinion , it would be faster to create new models for cattails winter versions . I hope that these winter versions (6 models) will be released , even if that means that I will have to erase all I've plopped so far around my lake ...  :'(

Today I started another work ; I've re-scaled the 135 HD cars from Girafe (factor 1.2 ) and the 27 vehicules from Vnaoned (factor 0.9 ) so they all look at the same scale . It took me something like 20 minutes with SC4 Model Tweaker , I wonder how it would have taken  to re-render them all  , that's truely a wonderful and precious tool ... when , like me , you're still working with an old computer running XP .  :D

From there , I've created a first MMP with 20 examplars from Girafe's orthogonal ones ,

I'm now going to create a second MMP  with 20 of Girafe's diagonal ones and a third MMP with Vnaoned's ones (which have 225° versions ) ... so something like 60 ploppable cars will be available in your Mayor Mod menu . Better than nothing , like today .  :P

These 3 new MMP(s) will be integrated to the TSC RuralPack ;D 

Cédric.

Edit : the 3 MMP(s) are done :

Ploppables HD Orthogonal cars (20 models from Girafe)

Ploppable HD Diagonal cars (20 models from Girafe)

Ploppable various HD vehicles (23 models from Vnaoned)

So we have now 63 ploppable vehicles ...

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

noahclem

Wow, this just keeps getting better and better! Outstanding work!  &apls

Evillions8

So will all of this be released soon?  Because it would benefit for SO MANY players like good MDers here.

Aaron Graham

Looks perfect, I need these, can wait to have a traffic jam in one of my towns. &apls &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Dark_Jedi06

Quote from: Orange_o_ on February 28, 2011, 10:20:44 AM
I think, for the sake of everyone, we'll soon be able to upload this work.

I like the sound of this. ;D It means I can get back to business on the rural areas I was creating...only now with prettier farms and rivers. :)
...this space to be filled soon...

knapp

The idea to plop cars and trucks is very interesting. And the models have fabulous quality  &apls
Seeing the caravans, I thought it would be nice to make also a normal prop version of them ans add the family-ID I used for my caravans. So they can appear randomly on camping lots where this families are used. This would create more diversity on the camping ground. But yes, it's also possible to plop them directly there on a free plot...

aka "Der Gammler" on simforum.de and STEX

mave94

This is truly great!
This gives our cities more details, thanks for this. :thumbsup:

Girafe

Amazing job !!!

what is incredible is that I was almost nearly to delete these cars models as I hadn't time to launch a MD, a new use for these babies.

Anyway thanks for your involvement   :)

Your lovely guinea fowl   
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

peter007

Wow. It is as good as impossible  &apls

(I know it's the photoshop trick isn't it  :P )

cocobob

these pictures are just incredibles  :o

penguin007

I havn't commented here often enough although it is one of the threads I always have a look at. Great updates firstly but most importantly the custom content work you have created is a great gift to the comunity so well done &apls &apls

Will

carlfatal

Hi Cédric,
as always is Your (and Your friends) work some outstanding, most fascinating kind of art. I try to learn a bit, and rescaled my first MMPs yesterday following Your tutorial: I´m so happy - it works fantastic, and the tweaker is a real nice tool.  ;D
I´m curios about the fact, that I needed so much years to notice what is able with this game, - and now I´m addicted to it... ::)
Now I did my first little steps into this game and its possibilities, and there is a lot to learn, but I will, cause of friendly teachers like You tell about your work. Then I can copy and paste in my brain  :D.
Aside from this: it was Franky, who was telling me about Your MD first, and today I´ve seen Your post on SimForum. It is really nice to meet You there, and I hope this forum will be a shelter for You as good as it is for me. It´s a friendly place, and I still hope we SimCity-players are one big community wherever we live or what language we speak (I sadly don´t speak one word french).
But whatever: Thanks again for all Your teaching! Keep up Your fantastic work,
greetz, Carl