• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Raised/Ground cloverleaf?

Started by Crissa, September 09, 2007, 07:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crissa

Would there be any use for a third type of cloverleaf, between the two type of highway?  There seems to be t-types between both...

Just seems to be missing.

There's four types of t-intersections in the list... (Plus those four diagonally.)

-Crissa

PS:  Also seems annoying that a raised cloverleaf can't have roads run under it at any point.

BigSlark

Crissa, I'm pretty sure there's a raised/ground cloverleaf in NAM, if not, well, I'm not sure how I built that interchange yesterday...

As for roads under elevated interchanges, that's not really possible, considering that the interchanges are true 3D models and very hard to make in the first place, let alone path correctly. redlotus' interchange creation tutorial from 2004 is still available out there and the amount of work required awes me.

Cheers,
Kevin

Crissa

Ahh, I see, the pieces aren't overlayed like in a 3D model, but instead actually have to be pre-rendered.

How annoying.

-Crissa

BigSlark

I agree, but they did a heck of a job considering the game was developed in 2003.

Cheers,
Kevin

Crissa

Well, they were probably expecting to put in the features we have ferreted out now, although the project was cancelled.  I do remember some devs (before I had the game, I've always been in the gaming industry) saying something about being unsatisfied with the network.  Rumours said Wil Wright was dissatisfied with the network-focused path that SimCity had stuck on.

Personally, I like the development of networks, and think that the differentiation of networks would be key in adding differentiation in social networks.  Who connects to what commercial areas flavors those commercial areas, and whatnot.  I don't have high hopes for SCS, but maybe someday.

...I wonder how many of us would pay $10 a month to share regions and addons and develop them, like the program was apparently originally hoped to do?  I know I would, but I'm a Warcrack survivor.

-Crissa