• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sunken Highway Junction

Started by DanFraser, September 26, 2007, 05:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssc4k

a puzzle piece, in my opinion, is a better option.

though i have a quick question, can te lots be put in a tab filter on a menu?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

ssc4k

well than im in favor of a puzzle piece :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

jonoboo

Very nice, keep up the excellent work ;D
Meh!

dragonshardz

Ah, but puzzle pieces are restricted to an area of 16x16 tiles.

That'd be, in RL measurement, about 1024 square meters.

4*4=16 (1 tile)

16*16=256 (puzzle piece tiles)

256*4=1024 (total area in meters)

~~Dragonshardz~~

smoncrie

I designed the new Double "T" Highway OnSlope Puzzle piece to work with intersections and additional puzzle pieces at the top of the slope.  For example, I suspect that it would be very easy to make another puzzle piece that could be added to the double "T" OnSlope to build a cloverleaf with the sunken highway and the Highway crossing it.  Would people be interested it that?

Other kinds of connecting lanes between a sunken highway and the Double "T" OnSlope are also possible.

MandelSoft

I have a few things to say:

First of all: WOW! It look good. It shows you have excellent modelling skills. Bravo!  &apls

Second: The real problem is getting it into the game. You must divide the whole interchange into 16x16 pieces and export each part as an 3DS model. Then import it into the reader as an S3D file. From here on I don't know how it's done next, but ask that to other persons or look over at the NAM howto-tutorials.

Third: I've seen some sings and streetlights. These things shouldn't be part of the interchange model, but should be added seperately in a T21 exemplar file. Again I refer to the tutorial section.

Keep it up!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

nerdly_dood

Yeah I have a suggestion:  Keep it up! This interchange isn't bad at all! I have made a similar interchange for RHW, but not sunken:

A close-up of the center:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

darraghf

looks really good keep up the good work! ;D
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg