• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Toohey's LE Journey (or Dave-alots :-)

Started by tooheys, March 02, 2008, 12:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Ok, here is a pic of a slightly reworked lot as it appears in my MD:

Thanks again for the great replies. TTC, I have moved the skip in this edition and SA, there is a small container to store those
odds and ends. Love the feedback.

Joan & Paul, thanks for the ongoing support, the base lot for this was a container lot I found on the STEX, I don't think any of the
props remain  :D Joan, doesn't matter if you don't know how to fix it, if you see something that doesn't look right feel free to let me know.
Paul, some more great tips, thanks  :)

threestooges, hope the lots worked OK.

RebaLynnTS, a generous offer, thankyou. Will keep this in mind. Can't wait to see your new fences and gates.

SimNation, PM me an email address to send them to and they're yours, you just owe me a beer if you ever make it downunder ;)

Ohhh Pat, I'm so sorry  ;D Thanks, and if you want any in particular, just let me know.
For you my friend, no charge.

Thanks again for the the great replies.

Dave

Jmouse

"Slightly reworked" is an understatement (did you forget that I have two monitors!? :D ), but I like it. I think the dumpster is placed better now and the single container looks like it grew there. Good choice.

I see that you've added a bit more color,
and that's a good thing. More important, however, is the fact that you are really developing an eye for arranging things. With all the props you've included, there must be hundreds of ways you could put them together, but the way you've arranged them looks perfectly natural.

The lot looks really good next to a rail line, too, the construction of which I'm sure you'll explain to me all in good time! :P Also, one of these days I'd like to hear more about why you made the changes you did. The reworked version looks better, but I'm not quite sure why!?

Until next time...
Joan

tooheys

Quote from: Jmouse on March 06, 2008, 12:28:05 AM

Also, one of these days I'd like to hear more about why you made the changes you did. The reworked version looks better, but I'm not quite sure why!?

The obvious changes you know, the dumpster and container. As for the rest of it, well to be honest I just shifted a few props around, added a few yellow barrels, and well it looked ok. No rhyme or reason, just wanted it to look a little different from the initial lot so I could use both together without them looking like identical lots. As for the rail layout, you better check out Balnavia  ;)

Thanks Joan

Dave

TheTeaCat

Thats wikked Dave.

In fact it looks a whole lot better. And it fits perfectly into the area there too.
Now it there was only some way to have tyre tracks on the entrance...

Whats next I wonder

Regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

xxdita

Dave, let me know if you need any help modding the lots along the way. I have a feeling a lot of people will want these.  ;)

-Nate

Diggis

Nate, could you make this a growable?  If Dave has no problems with that. It looks wicked. &apls

xxdita

bat

Fantastic work on the LE there, tooheys! Great! :thumbsup:

tooheys

Ok here is a slightly larger lot I'm working on:

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again for the great comments everyone.

At the moment they are only park lots, so I'm guessing the next job is to make them IM with jobs before making them growable. Will do some reading and experimenting over the next few days.

Nate, thanks for the offer, I'm sure I'll need your help very soon  :)

Dave

Pat

Belive me Dave that Nate is a true miracle worker  ;)  here is a small tutirol to help you out in the growth department here [linkie]  BTW love the lots and they are looking real good my friend and I love the showcase pic..........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Dave

Another great creation. You I've looked at this for quite a while and I can't see anything that sticks out.
I like this larger version more than the other :thumbsup: and the extra touch of he FLT(forklift truck) starting to load is great.
Hope that FLT driver remembers how to load properly(start at the front of the trailer).

All in all 10/10 I believe :D :D

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

OK, Dave, you've scored again! ;)

The shed is a terrific addition (I'd love to get my hands on that metal roof texture), and all the elements fit well together. I think one of your secrets is a natural ability to work with color, though. It isn't hard to see - just squint your eyes and look at the lot.

But you have a logical yet creative way of arranging things, too. I like the way you turned a set of yellow containers around to add variety (first photo, bottom center). Also I'm glad you included a couple of folks walking around  - gives the lot a bit of life.

We all know it's the details that count, though, and you really have an eye for them. I'll bet that lot looked more like a slider puzzle while you were working on it! :D

Until next time...
Jm

paroch

They are looking fantastic.  As Joan rightly says, that corrugated tin shed is a great addition.

You've managed to get the look just right, I mean it's clearly a bit "grubby" but at the same time it's so logically laid out.  It come s to something when the nearest thing to constructive criticism I can come up with "not so keen on the colour of the lorry cab" ;)

Top work Dave!

threestooges

Great work with the expansion of the lot. A nice industrial supply lot (Bulldog Industrial Supply is what first came to me... if names are up for grabs). It actually reminds me of a hardware store in Santa Barbara. A few actual buildings, but many things were outside (taking advantage of California weather). Great work and I'll look forward to seeing its futher progress.
-Matt

tooheys

Well, this one isn't that exciting, and some of my American friends might just be wondering what this is all about  ;), but I felt the need for another sport for my Balnavians. They're getting a bit sick of tennis  :D

Thanks everybody for the ongoing support. Diggis, I still intend to make the industrial lots growable but I seem to be a bit short of time at the moment.
Will get there as soon as I can. Of course Bulldog Industrial Supply would be a great name when that happens  :thumbsup:

Krio

Industrial lots look very good  :thumbsup: planning to release them when?

paroch

Dave, you've surpassed yourself with that cricket pitch.

I know there's a couple out there already but your version is just fantastic.  The way you've used the thin path to mark the boundary is a very nice touch.

Now, if only we could find a team to beat the aussies at cricket ;)

Alfred.Jones

Very Nice there dave :thumbsup:

The cricket pitch looks awesome. Very detailed and realistic

All the fielders are in the right place and you've even got the slips! Looks great &apls

Sim City 4 Devotion

tooheys

Thanks everyone.

Now all I need is a curved picket fence to fit inside the pathway and I'd be extremely happy. Is that possible, the fence that is, not me being happy  ::)

Krio, I have no plans for a LEX candidacy at this stage, so it might be a while before these become public. Thanks for the comments though.

Jmouse

You are so right, Dave, this American friend is wondering about cricket but will trust other responders when they say the field is done up right! :thumbsup: I like what looks like a picnic area with tables and umbrellas, and you didn't forget to include a dressing room. So you get another A+ for lot editing, but next time could you create something that makes more sense?! :P

Jm