• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Custom Member Label Club

Started by Alfred.Jones, November 18, 2006, 03:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Now that Alex has just earned his doctorate, I think his CML needs to be changed from "Mr. PuzzlePiece" to "Dr. PuzzlePiece".

JoeST

Congrats to Alex :D and I concur,
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Swordmaster

I've suggested this months ago, and it was decided by the CML team that existing labels don't change. Pity, though, I think it'd be a nice gesture.

Cheers
Willy

rooker1

Huge milestones deserve being recognized in people's lives and Alex (Tarkus) has just earned his doctorate. SC4D has decided to slightly modify Alex's CL to recognize this milestone in his life.
Please join me congratulating him! &apls

The SC4D Staff  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Diggis

Quote from: Swordmaster on May 16, 2013, 02:28:34 AM
I've suggested this months ago, and it was decided by the CML team that existing labels don't change. Pity, though, I think it'd be a nice gesture.

Cheers
Willy

Willy, while we don't normally change CML's we felt that this wasn't a change so much as a correction for accuracy. Added to that Alex has been a titan of the community, managing to do all his NAM work while gaining a doctorate.  It was decided therefore that a minor exception was called for.  :thumbsup:

Congratulation Dr Alex.

Swordmaster

Quote from: Diggis on May 16, 2013, 05:53:36 AMWilly, while we don't normally change CML's we felt that this wasn't a change so much as a correction for accuracy. Added to that Alex has been a titan of the community, managing to do all his NAM work while gaining a doctorate.  It was decided therefore that a minor exception was called for.  :thumbsup:

Congratulation Dr Alex.

All the better ;)

Congrats Alex!

Cheers
Willy

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Diggis

Quote from: Swordmaster on May 16, 2013, 06:22:07 AM
All the better ;)

Congrats Alex!

Cheers
Willy

That's Dr Alex to you!

Quote from: art128 on May 16, 2013, 06:30:48 AM
Well well, congrats Alex!

And you!  :P

Haljackey

Dr. Tarkus. Has a nice ring to it. Congrats on earning your doctorate Alex!

metarvo

&scl()

Congratulations on earning your doctorate and getting a CML upgrade, Dr. Alex.  On top of that, you've managed to work on the NAM through it all.  You truly are the backbone of SC4 as we know it.

&dance
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tarkus

Thank you all for the kind words, support and congratulations, and thanks to my fellow staffers for the very nice surprise--I'm really quite touched.  It still hasn't completely sunk in that I'm finally done with the ol' Ph.D.

-Alex

rooker1

We have a new out now. Who is it?  ;)

Congrats!!
Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

FrankU

Congratulations Doctor Tarkus!  :thumbsup:

And..... now that I have your attention: would it be feasible to remove the superfluous two letters and dots saying "CL:" from the CL location? It ruins the beauty of the images in my opinion.

rooker1

Good idea Frank, but unfortunately it cannot be done. I have just checked it out and found out that this is an addon feature that requires a title in the title field, in this case "CL" which cannot be turned off. Best I can do is replace it with some other title less intrusive.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Maybe Jeroni can do something, as he's the webmaster, no?

Anyway, I kind of agree with frank and at the same I don't.... :/

time to hunt!

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Quote from: art128 on May 22, 2013, 09:01:40 AM
time to hunt!

you don't have to go far this time. .  ;) About time he got one too. Also, belated congrats to Dr. Tarkus!  :D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Quote from: vortext on May 22, 2013, 09:04:16 AM
Quote from: art128 on May 22, 2013, 09:01:40 AM
time to hunt!

you don't have to go far this time. .  ;) About time he got one too. Also, belated congrats to Dr. Tarkus!  :D

Oh indeed................ ;D

Very fitting! Congrats to ............................... !

Props & Texture Catalog

benedict

Quote from: rooker1 on May 22, 2013, 07:10:26 AM
Good idea Frank, but unfortunately it cannot be done. I have just checked it out and found out that this is an addon feature that requires a title in the title field, in this case "CL" which cannot be turned off. Best I can do is replace it with some other title less intrusive.

Robin

Can the text of the 'CL:' color be changed to white?
Click on the banner to celebrate!

rooker1

Nope, just tried that. The code shows up.
But how does that look now....I cannot get rid of the semicolons.

The field is like the others you see there.....
"Posts:"
"Country:"
"Reputation:"
"Gender:"
These are titled fields and you cannot remove the title to blank and code will not work in this field.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

riiga

I think you need to edit the template for posts or something similar to remove the "CL:" part. It requires access to the php files.