• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Whats the price of petrol (gasoline) per litre where you live?

Started by jonoboo, May 25, 2008, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Une_ame

I'm often moving between Washington, DC and Paris. Here what I've saw :

Washington, DC (Arlington to be right) : 3,99USD/gallons so (1 gallon = 3.785 litre) 1,054 USD/litre so (1,56 USD = 1 euro) 0,68€/litre.

Paris (Maisons-Alfort to be right) : 1.52€/litre.

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Zane

jmyers2043

QuoteThreads like these make me glad I don't have a car.

Hi Zane - Ah, but you have a computer and can surf over the SC4Devotion. Glad to see you can still do the important things    :D  ;)   
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

zakuten

Right now, I live in Chicago, which is as I've heard about the highest. My parents' house is in the cheaper suburbs, where gas is now $4.29/gal, but near me, it's $4.59 today. Kinda bad with math, and I'm on a public comp with most programs locked(Yay for campus library so I can't do a proper calculation of the gallons/liters and the $/€ conversions.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Zane

Quote from: jmyers2043 on June 25, 2008, 04:16:22 AM
Ah, but you have a computer and can surf over the SC4Devotion. Glad to see you can still do the important things    :D  ;)   

Good thing I'm not driving over SC4 Devotion! $%Grinno$%

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

flame1396

The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Vario80

1.509€ per litre here in Bremerhaven for petrol (Benzin)
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

Andreas

That's rather "cheap", Vario80, here, it was 1.559 € per liter when I drove by the station today.
Andreas

flame1396

Sad how cheap gas is now a comparative term.  :thumbsdown:

Though supply hasn't gone down (up actually) prices have, really it's oil companies raising prices with no real reason (record profits there, gas stations only make a few cents a gallon after all)... that and "It's running out!" commentaries from various eggheads around the world, true maybe but the price rise shouldn't occur until the supply can no longer keep up with demand.

... that turned out to be a bit of rant...
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

BuildingUp

I don't know that for sure, but I do know gas per gallon is around $4.15 in my neighborhood. When it comes out, I'm seriously considering purchasing one of those "compressed air" cars. Either that or a non-ethanol Hybrid like the nice pretty burgundy Honda FCV.

flame1396

Motorcycle is even better. Or a scooter, if you never need to go much over 40.

Nice Volcania avatar, fun city there. Though it really actually sucked... :P

Tarkus

Quote from: flame1396 on June 25, 2008, 06:50:47 PM

I've actually got a scooter myself--a little 49cc Honda that you don't need a motorcycle endorsement to ride (50cc is the cutoff here in Oregon).  It's right now my main mode of transportation.  Usually tops out at 38mph, though I've got it up to (at least) 40 going down an extremely steep hill (the speedometer stops at 40).

It takes $5 or so to fill that up even now.  Gas was around $4.40 for regular last time I checked, and at least $4.60 for premium.  It's probably gone up even more since then.

-Alex (Tarkus)

BuildingUp

Quote from: flame1396 on June 25, 2008, 06:50:47 PM

Nice Volcania avatar, fun city there. Though it really actually sucked... :P
Thanks, lol. I had a motor scooter awhile back, it didn't take anything to fill that sucker' up. But, I ended up selling it. Of course, it was back when gas wasn't nearly this expensive.

flame1396

I'd go for a motorcycle and license... if my parents were on board. I could pay for a fairly nice used Yamaha or something and the license would be no big deal, but my father is an EMT and has seen the results of losing control of a motorcycle... higher stakes.

Ryan B.

$4.29 / gallon at the Mobil across the street.  : help :

Une_ame

QuoteI paid €1.749/liter today in Amsterdam   

Whow :o, I think you break a record here !!!!!!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Shadow Assassin

$1.56/ltr here in Sydney, Australia.

Truckies are staging a protest on one of Sydney's busiest roads tomorrow morning. Basically, a rolling blockade.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

daeley

Quote from: flame1396 on June 25, 2008, 10:32:27 PM
I'd go for a motorcycle and license... if my parents were on board. I could pay for a fairly nice used Yamaha or something and the license would be no big deal, but my father is an EMT and has seen the results of losing control of a motorcycle... higher stakes.

a motorcycle is not worth it IMO... sure, it's cheap comparing gas prices. sure, you get through a traffic jam somewhat faster then cars. sure, the wind blowing through your fingers and the mighty engine between your legs is a great feeling... but is really worth risking your life? And you can say I'll be carefull, but that's hardly the point. A lot of accidents happen, and most of the people involved are not to blame. I've been in a total loss accident that was not my fault a few years ago. Had I been riding a motorcycle, I'd be eating through a tube now.

oh, and gas prices seem to have stabilized over here... paid 1.327 euro/ltr for diesel a few days ago (though i saw a cheap gas station not too far from work where they sell it 1.287). Official price is 1.427 if I'm not mistaken.
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!