• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Modular Castle - My first big project

Started by Naryanna, February 20, 2007, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naryanna

Tnx Archy. Yes I know about the loose of detail. Had once lovely part done but well... Actualy now that I see stuff in bat and then in game I am a bit disapointed because of that fact. Well, I will be doing a preview of L part soon. Need to texture it... then one low quality export to see if I will keep this green or not... Hopefuly it will turn out ok.  :-[

EDIT: I have done a quick export and in-game preview of the same wall and this is what I got:

Worth keping or not?  &Thk/(

Naryanna

It is 7.33 am here and I want to show you my night work. This piece is still under "construction" since I am not happy with tower part and will have to modify some other stuff to... and I wanted to test the new texture...

Anyhow... here it is my unfinished L part that still needs a lot of work and changing:

The tower part shall be remade. It is there just for a preview purposes as where it shall be and it shall definitely not look like this.

What do you think about this roof texture?

(btw. If you are unable to view previous pics then the "space provider" is still down as it was when I tryed to upload this one.)

Cali

ok, a comment on the first pic, that wall looks amazing, it it a little unreal in the closest zoom, but it doesnt matter, as most sc4 buildings dont look to realistic anyways. the second pic is awesome. i like the lack of windows in the tower(not evey tower in the world has windows). the roof texture really looks a little too modern for that time era(just an opinion) i would maybe try to find some old shake roof textures,  like the one i have below. but over all, very beautiful.
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

kwakelaar

You have doen quite a lot since I last commented, I like how your plops have turned out.
The climber on the wall looks very good, and if you worry about things not showing up in game, try to use textures with contrasting colors.
I think you should consider spending a bit more time preparing your textures. All the stones in the wall textures are blending together and could be mistaken for some kind of concrete. Also the white stone texture for foundation and columns has too many green spots, the glass texture is also very busy with lots of colors. Think about making textures that will cover the whole wall and the whole roof, make them sharper or clearer that you can see the stones, rooftiles etc.
The wall and roof texture for the L-shaped building do not show much(or any) banding which is an improvment.
I very much enjoy following this project and look forward to the next update. :)

bat

rooker1

You are definatley getting alot done.  Everything looks so good so far.  I thought this maybe too big of a project, but you seem to be doing just fine.  Good luck with the rest, I can't wait to see what's next. :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Naryanna

Cali: Thank you. Yes, I agree on cloosest zoom. Actualy the roof is a wooden one and old. I will need to adjust colors a bit to make it look older. Tnx for commenting!

kwakelaar: Hi! Tnx. I agree about preparing textures and I am planing to do that. Before I will do a final render of these bats I will most definetly have to be as happy about the look of them as I can and I can guarantee you, that my taste is picky. :D Thank you for the advices. I shall make a good use of them.

bat: Thank you very much!

rooker1: Thank you. Well, it is a big project and maybe too big for a newbie in bat-ing but I am determined to make it work. Tnx for stoping by!

About progress:

I had to put the project aside for a couple of days because my HD decided to die on me. Now I have a new one, more or less everything is installed so I will continue my work on this project in about 2 days.

oldrogue

I hadn't stopped by for a long time....but am amazed at how far you have come..... I for one will be more than anxious to see (and use) the finished product.
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

Colyn

You have to "oversize" the stonework ... currently it looks almost metallic ...

The roof needs some work ... the roof material looks too new.

I don't like the ivy ... it is too thick and the green is not right.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

Cali

well best of luck on this one, it is worth it :)
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

jacqulina

hi my friend wow you have done some excellent progress on your project

Emperor Stormont

Oh that looks very good, would happily use that in my cities, maybe in the old wealthly tree lined surburbs. Fantastic work

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

freedo50

wow great work on this, this is a massive undertaking for your first project!

jacqulina

looking forward to more progress my friend

TheTeaCat

Only just checked out this thread
Amazing! That's all I can say! Great details. This is something I shall be following, great work you done &apls &apls

You desevre this

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

TheTeaCat

Bumpity bump but its been over 2 months since we last heard anything. Is everything ok with you?

I've made you lots of tea but they've all gone cold. &mmm  Is this project still a go.

regards

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Diggis

I think Nyara is MIA.  Some one said something in the MIA thread but not sure of details. 

rooker1

Too bad, this looked very promising.  I hope everything is okay and Naryanna comes back to continue.

Robin  :)
Call me Robin, please.