• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fire Station Slider Bar?

Started by keithsed, February 23, 2007, 06:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithsed

Has anyone had this happen to you?  I cannot keep the fire station slider bar up.  I move it up to the max and a few minutes later I get a notice that my firemen are rioting.  I go back in and check the slider bar and it's way down.  It is happening over and over again.  It's very frustrating.  I saw a no riot and no fire station mod at STEX but that will be my last resort.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I guess I could try and reinstalling SC4.

Thanks.

Keith

Doc

Yeah, it's known as the phantom slider phenomenon. I've had it happen with schools and hospitals, others have it happen with other slider bars. 99% of the time it's from a conflicting lot. Check all of your downloaded lots, especially those having to do woth fire stations, and remove them. See if it goes away. If it does, you've found the cause.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

keithsed

Thanks for the info.  I'll try that.  I was at a loss at what was causing it or how to correct it. 

Thanks again. :)

Keith

Indisguise

like said above the main reasons for this happening is a poorly modded civic building (can happen to any of them) and the building will effect all of the same type in the same catigory it is in....several reason i know of

a: radius modded incorrectly game gets confused all funding slides to zero
B: you deleted from your plugins a building that was present when you save the city, game can't find the lot...once again it gets confused, funding drops to zero
C: changing or modding the building  before bulldozing all the old buildings with the old stats in the city

now there could be other reasons as well unknown to me, there are ways of possible fixing this, but it a 50-50 shot that the city is a throw away and is a save file coruption, depending on the reason your funding is falling to zero, first have to identify the lot in the city or harder the one thats missing, which ussually but not always will leave a stage "footprint" in the area it was when you saved the city and may appear odd

find the building and other maybe able to offer possible solutions (hopefully, kepp your fingers crossed)
Colossus X-rated

keithsed

I guess I didn't cross them hard enough  &mmm

I have deleted all fire stations in the city and removed all the fire station bat's from my plugins folder.  I then replopped some fire stations using the Maxis default ones.  It didn't help.  It still slides to zero. 

I then downloaded a new set of fire stations, put them in my plugins folder and used them in my city.  That still didn't fix the problem. 

I think you are correct.  This city might be a throw away  :'(  As my fingers creep toward the infamous "Control/Shift O"

DARN!!!   :angrymore:

I found a mod on STEX that is supposed to eliminate the need for fire stations and riots.  Before my croocked old fingers press the dreaded keys, I'll try that and see if that helps on this city. 

Thanks for your good explinations and for trying helping me solve the problem.   :thumbsup:

Keith

Doc

Just a thought, but before you waste the city, check any lots or mods you may have that affect police, health or schools. Since these also have slider bars, there may be something that's in one of these lots/mods that's crossing over and affecting the fire stations.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

keithsed

Thanks to all of you for trying to help me.  I checked my other slider bar plops and it didn't help.   :'(

I totally distroyed the city and have downloaded a new map and have been planting trees for the last week or so.  I'ts a huge map and am excited to get started.  A new map is always fun to start since you have so many options.

Thanks again for all the helpful comments. :)

Keith

M4346

I recently had this happen to me for the first time ever, well, actually I was looking for it. lol

I adjusted my police budget, and after a few game days I saw this phenomenon, and as I mentioned, for the first time.

I re-adjusted the sliders, waited, and it happened again.

So, I individually adjusted each stations' funding (to the max) and it stopped happening. The only custom 'police' lot that I have in that particular city is JRJ's Maritime Control Tower thing.

Anyway, just my 2c on the matter. :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine