• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SimCity Rugby Union Board

Started by CraigKingOfIreland, September 05, 2008, 02:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigKingOfIreland

I started watching rugby about five years ago and it is the only sport I ever found exciting enough to watch all the time. I've now decided to set up the SimCity Rugby Union Board, which hopefully will have various rugby events in the months and hopefully years.

I want to start off with the SCRUB Twelve Nations, which will be a similar format to the RBS Six Nations. CJ's will submit their CJ for entry into the 12 nations (in a separate thread) and the competing teams will be randomly picked. I want CJs in it to have some quality so (please don't be turned off by this) not all CJs will be entered into the draw. Matches will then take place every Saturday and Sunday, two a day in the early weeks and three a day later on. I worked on a schedule during the week (not easy, took about a half hour of intense thinking lol) and the competition will have 66 matches over 12 weeks (just realizes, same number of competitors, ha) No country will be playing twice in one week and all country's will face every other country. Points will be awarded as two for a win, one for a draw and at the end the team with the most pints will win (naturally).

I will be using a random number generator to decide who wins what matches. The plan is then for me to PM the person who's CJ is hosting each particular match and for them to post an update in their CJ about it. This has the beauty of every competing CJ getting to host. I will then put the results in a thread on SimSports were the overall results can be seen.

If you have any advice or input, please don't hesitate as there will still be several weeks before competition starts :)

Diggis

Brilliant. Count me in on all and any fronts.  When you have a thread up for submissions on teams I'm there.

One note, usually the Rugby boards are called Rugby Football Unions, with the IRB (International rugby board) being the only one thats a board. But I understand that SCRUB has a good ring to it, so don't change it on my account.

Good work on the logo too.  If you want any help with this let me know.  As a kiwi rugby is more than my sport, it's my religion!

CraigKingOfIreland

Ha ha Diggis, just noticed the avatar. From a nation as great at rugby as New Zealand you would have to love rugby :) Don't think I need help at the moment, not too much involved but thanks for the offer :)

The signup up thread is now up and running at SimSports

CraigKingOfIreland

Okay, now that we're nearing the magic number twelve, it's time to start moving forward. As soon as three more teams sign up, there will be EXACTLY one week for other CJs to sign up. If no one else does, then we have our final 12. If more teams do sign up then the participants will be randomly generated. Also, after the 12 teams are picked, bidding will start for the CJ to host the opening games and opening match of the first SCRUB Twelve Nations :)

paroch

Sounds good Craig.  I just hope more than 12 don't sign up.  I'd hate to miss the chance of giving Diggis a good beating at his own game ;) :D ;)

Diggis

When England play the All Blacks on the end of year tour I expect you at the pub with me!

CraigKingOfIreland

And we're at 10 (if I counted correctly) :) Now, as soon as the next person joins, there will be one week for any other countries to put themselves into the draw and then we shall be able to finally start :D

So far we have:

The Kingdom of Paranor Island
Rorysville
The Shalman Empire
Holidia
Watersford
New Rhodesia
West End
Ainkien
Tientsin-Fort Bayart
United Republic of Escambia

CraigKingOfIreland

Diggis

CraigKingOfIreland

First of all, I'm an idiot  :lol!: I only picked ten teams for the 12 Nations (not one of my better moments). I fixed it accordingly and now Holidia and Calderwood have been added to the lineup :)

CraigKingOfIreland