• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Landfill Addon Mod (LAM) Development

Started by un1, October 02, 2008, 05:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

By using the flora menu, you could even make them "growing" over the time. ;)

BTW, I assume you get "no car" zots because the lots still offer jobs. Removing any "Demand Created", "Demand Satisfied" and "Capacity Satisfied" properties (if present) will do the trick.
Andreas

dragonshardz

good idea andreas i will do that.

Was gone for the weekend and didn't have time to post, so...

un1

Quote from: Andreas on October 05, 2008, 04:27:45 PM

Growing...  :)

What a wonderful idea... Still we would have to make the Flora Plops small so they are easier to plop, (ie, Instead of 1 tile flora plops the would have to be quater tile plops).

Quote from: dragonshardz on October 05, 2008, 04:47:33 PM
Was gone for the weekend and didn't have time to post, so...

Me too.  :P

-un1

dragonshardz

I did get a reply from Pegasus, it was this:

Quote from: Pegasus
<snip!>
Only lots with jobs or some other network requirement need to be plopped adjacent to roads.

A landfill lot will always require road access in order to accept garbage as the only default garbage delivery mechanism are garbage trucks.

When a landfill lot is not connected to a road, the garbage on it begins to decompose over time and the lot will eventually be empty again.

~~Dragonshardz~~

un1

Hmm, these lots are just incinerators with no polution... So they still need road connections.  :thumbsdown:

Though, we could move them to another menu... (I don't know which one)

-un1

Fatsuhono

dragonshardz

I was thinking that we could make some (IE the 1x1) edge lots have actual capacity and have the rest sit in the landfill menu but have no capacity except to sit there and make the landfill look good.

I am at school right now, so can't work on the lots but will get right to it tonight or tomorrow after school, time permitting.

~~Dragonshardz~~

un1

Quote from: dragonshardz on October 07, 2008, 09:51:01 AM
I was thinking that we could make some (IE the 1x1) edge lots have actual capacity and have the rest sit in the landfill menu but have no capacity except to sit there and make the landfill look good.

That is a great idea! Though can you do it in Ilive's Reader... That is because, the lots are .dat packed allready.  &mmm

-un1

swat-medic

Quote from: Andreas on October 05, 2008, 04:27:45 PM

BTW, I assume you get "no car" zots because the lots still offer jobs. Removing any "Demand Created", "Demand Satisfied" and "Capacity Satisfied" properties (if present) will do the trick.

What a wonderful idea andreas!

un1

Okay, this morning I did some modding...

I moded the middle lots so they had no jobs and no point. Really, they are just plops that don't do anything.

I'll come back to see if it works.  ;)

-un1

Fatsuhono

un1

Quote from: un1 on October 08, 2008, 12:41:11 PM
Okay, this morning I did some modding...

I moded the middle lots so they had no jobs and no point. Really, they are just plops that don't do anything.

I'll come back to see if it works.  ;)

-un1

That didn't work. I got a CTD when a new month started.  &mmm

()sad()

-un1

Dark_horse_spirit

Cool idea, I do think that you need an identifier in your garbage pile, something that gives your work it's signature, something that stands out and captures the scene.

Fatsuhono

As associate started on something for LAM:

(No idea what it is though...)

un1

Even though I have no clue of what it is, I like it!  :thumbsup: Maybe a large trash compacter? Or Landfill offices?  :-\

-un1

Dark_horse_spirit

It's a Recycling center, the garbage is loaded onto the conveyors by a front end loader and Trac hoe and sent through an assembly line of people who stand there all day pulling off selected recylcables, The recyclables are then crushed into small compact bundles(usualy square) and loaded onto the back of a truck where it is sold to the highest bidder, Recyclables that fetch the most cash are crushed aluminum and other sorted metals. This is a very cool recyling center as most are old warehouses or even tents.

DHS

tankmank

You should make a metal crushing facility with huge piles of metal and have it with a seaport bit to transport it.

yogosun

i like fish fish GLUB GLUB!!