• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

T-RAM

Started by Chrisim, November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisim

@kbieniu7
Not in the first version, maybe later.

kbieniu7

We'll waiting  :P
Thank for answer
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

iamgoingtoeatyou

I can't wait for this, will be perfect for a San Francisco recreation ;D

JoeST

WOW!!! three networks on one tile :o

who discovered that? ???

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

b22rian

does the 3 networks in one tile now mean that something in the future like a triple over pass would be
possible in the game ?.. or what a lot more have to be worked out before we could even dream about that ?

I was just thiniking we already have the Double height monorail and el rail puzzle pieces.. so that part of it seems
possible right ?

anyways this new break- through seems to open the door for many exciting and new possibilities in the future..
I would also like to know who made this astonishing finding ?

thanks , Brian

pagenotfound

:o :o :o :o :o :o
who is responsible for this discovery?!
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Jonathan

The three networks in one tile: look at number four in the stickied post. It was Chrisim who discovered it.
In theory it shouldn't have worked which is why the discovery was only made recently.
Jonathan

JoeST

yeah but who thought/found it and is there any published info about it?
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Kitsune

For the pieces that have concrete instead of ashpalt for the rails, is the concrete versions pathed for cars as well? Toronto is set up with concrete for our streetcar rails and ashpalt for the rest of the road, which is why I ask.
~ NAM Team Member

Fresh Prince of SC4D

This looks like something to look forward to  :thumbsup:
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Chrisim

Quote from: pagenotfound on December 31, 2008, 09:20:04 AM
who is responsible for this discovery?!
Quote from: Warrior on December 31, 2008, 09:26:26 AM
The three networks in one tile: look at number four in the stickied post. It was Chrisim who discovered it.
In theory it shouldn't have worked which is why the discovery was only made recently.
Jonathan
There were actually two steps required to get this discovery. Therefore, we should say that Jonathan and me share this discovery.

Quote from: Kitsune on December 31, 2008, 12:58:33 PM
For the pieces that have concrete instead of ashpalt for the rails, is the concrete versions pathed for cars as well? Toronto is set up with concrete for our streetcar rails and ashpalt for the rest of the road, which is why I ask.
It's the same in Toronto and T-RAM  ;) , the concrete is for trams only.

b22rian

Quote from: Chrisim on January 01, 2009, 04:49:14 AM
There were actually two steps required to get this discovery. Therefore, we should say that Jonathan and me share this discovery.

Well it is truly one of the great discoveries i feel since devotion has become a web site..
And My congrats, and thanks to both you and Johnathan for it..

Actually what i think i meant in my above post was the future possibility of a double overpass, not
triple as that would actually require 4 networks in a tile !

Just off the top of your head your thinking 2 of the former barriers to a puzzle pieces like this have now been
busted through..

1)... 3 networks in a tile..
2)... double height puzzle pieces..  ( we already have the el rail, and monorail ones, so I assume you could
      do the same with the road networks ?)...

Obviously you still have much to work out with the ruls, pathing and design of such pieces..
Its just fun to dream about what sorts of new doors this discovery might open..for the future of
transit modding..

Anyways, this is the last I will post about this, as really it belongs in the nam development threads..

its really fantastic what you guys have done so far with the T - Ram in really such a short amount of time
with this...And i wish you the very best with this into the new year..
Thanks a lot for all the work and effort put into this, you have come very far already...

Sincerely grateful,  Brian

Erzei

Quote from: Chrisim on November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM
In addition to the existing straight tram connection through the roundabout (upper-right), three further tram-avenue roundabouts were developed.

This picture shows them with trees and flora, but this is an option if you don't like it. The displayed tram station is from the BSC SFBT GLR Tram Mod.

Hey, i was wondering, Could be possible to make a tram station for the lower right roundabout?

I luv you guys, the work you deliver every update is awesome!!!  :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

Erszei: It most certainly would.

And about this 3 networks per tile discovery ... Would that enable a road/OWR/street intersection, or an ave/road/street intersection to be made? If so, would it need to be a puzzle piece or could it be draggable?
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Jonathan

nerdly, we can't have draggable three networks on a tile, for the networks on one tile, with Rail/GLR/Road pieces, if we add all three to the RUls it will not work and can't be placed. If we only and GLR and Rail it works, if we add GLR and Road it won't work but can be placed (just will not allow Rail traffic)

We could have made those in your post pieces before this discovery(because they are all road networks[use car paths]), and if we had it would've been exactly the same way. But there isn't much need to is there? As you just have to have an extra tile of one of them.

But I guess it could be implemented in an override system, but this would be more complicated than a puzzle piece.

Jonathan

bob56

Quote Chrisim: The difference is just visual"

Does this mean it isnt really a tram network? I'm confused... &mmm

Thanks for any help...
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

io_bg

No, I think it is a network, the difference is that the Tram-on-road has four lanes and the Tram-in-road has 2. :) (correct me if I'm wrong)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

writingliberty

The concrete-tram and asphalt-road happens here in San Diego too, except that our trams are electric and have overhead wires (no third rail)... they are not commonly down the middle of a street though. I only know of a few stretches like that. Though often they run along one side of a street (or even highway) and have crossing gates on the perpendicular streets at intersections.

Some of the transitions are kinda odd too... in at least one place the tram route makes a 45 degree angle in the middle of what (in SC4 terms) would be an ortagonal Avenue x Avenue intersection (exiting the center of one and heading off diagonally).

skyliner

Having messed around with the T-Ram in road, does that mean the next NAM would have a four lane road the size of the maxis two lane road? That would be awesome!

Tarkus

Quote from: skyliner on January 19, 2009, 10:31:11 PM
Having messed around with the T-Ram in road, does that mean the next NAM would have a four lane road the size of the maxis two lane road? That would be awesome!

Next NAM, not likely.  First NWM, now . . . maybe . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)