• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Changing lots to conform to slope.

Started by kaylacey, March 12, 2009, 04:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaylacey

I would like to know the best combination of numbers to use to prevent the retaining walls and/or foundations from rising up under buildings on slopes.  I have searched and so far have found that depending on the lot, if it is an RCI building, that there is a lot foundation and a building foundation.  The lot foundation property is in the SC4Lot file and the building foundation is in the SC4Desc file.

What is the way to do this so that you can have your lots conform to a slope without raising the foundation?  Preferably I would like the whole lot to conform to the slope.  I have seen very little posted on this topic and the lot editor manual is vague, though it does touch on the topic somewhat.  As an example, see Glenni Gasshou-Zurri lots, which are exactly set as I like.

NOTES: 

The setting minimum lot formation should always be 0.  However, I've found that some lots have foundations set 90 and 40, some 90 and 50, some 16 and 30, and 90 and 90. 

I have also read that you can delete the Lot foundation from the SC4Lot file while keeping the Lot Foundation in the SC4Desc file. 

This is from http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2443.0 (Making Lots with Boats that Float):  "Set the Foundation Threshold to 90, the Elevation Change Lot Max to 90 and the Elevation Change Lot Min to 0.  Save"

"Getting Rid of the Building Foundation:  One tweak I forgot to mention, which you will need if you ever want to use your boats on half land half water, is to add the invisible building foundation. Otherwise when the boats are placed on half land half water, you will get  a building foundation showing (it doesn't occur when the lot is completely in the water).

To do this, just open the lot in the Reader, and in the middle pane, choose the building exemplar. Then in the right pane, check to see if the building foundation property is present. If not add it (right click, add property). Then, to make the foundation invisible, make sure the first rep is set to 0x194B1000 (not 0x00000000 as that will default to the red brick)"

On simple PZ1 pieces, if you change LotConfigPropertyMaxSlopBeforeLotFoundation to 999 and the Elevation change lot to 999 then you can place the lot anywhere.