• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Weird...missing a plug-in pack?

Started by WorfoSAUR, March 17, 2007, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorfoSAUR

Whenever I start up one of my maps, it says that I'm missing plug-in pack 1324163244.  This started occuring after I used the stock Cleanitol file thingy.  But I'm almost positive that caused no problems.  And I didn't delete any other lots, modds, etc. 

Any ideas?

geoffhaw

I'm think that 1324163244 in decimal translates as 4EED20AC in Hex, which is the exemplar IID of a building that's missing.  Without a database of such numbers, your best bet is to open your city and go around looking for the Maxis brown box to see what should be there.  That should tell you what to re-install.

RippleJet

That plugin number will at least tell you when the missing plugin was created:

Since the first hex digit is even (4):
0xEED20AC = 250,421,420 seconds since February 2nd, 1997 at 00:00:00

Making that addition gives you a date of creation (of the exemplar file) of January 9th, 2005 at 09:30:20

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

vab423

Doesn't Cleanitol generate a log and/or backup?  I suggest restoring from backup to see if that fixes the problem.  If it does, then go through the log and manually move the files Cleanitol moved until you find the missing plugin pack.

IMO, the easiest way to identify what's missing is to look for the brown box(es) or smudge (if you're using Peg's Oops mod) like Geoffhaw suggested and read the readme for more clues.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

wouanagaine

Oh yes, good point vab, I have not read that part of the original post
under MyDocs\Simcity4\ there is a BSCCleanitol folder, with subfolders, each are named upon the date you run it. Go into the last one ( if it is from that time you have a missing plugin ) and see what it has moved

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4