• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to remove deleted folders in the "edit profile" screen of the SUM?

Started by BellaAlberta, May 07, 2009, 01:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BellaAlberta

HEllo all,
First a big thank u and  &apls to all for your great cc (this is my first post, so it's a good time for this ;))

Well, the SUM runs smooth and that's great. But after I used it a couple of time, I deleted some subfolders in my plugins folders (both program files and my documents) and created new ones. (Yes it's spring and I've made a bit of a cleaning lately)

My problem is that the SUM still sees those deleted subfolders (but it sees the new ones too  ;)) when I edit a region profile, and I can't find a way to delete those "ghost folders".

What I already tried is to uninstall the SUM and delete the "sc4 startup manager.cfg". Then install again.
When I went into the "edit profile" screen, those same folders where still there ()what(). So I guess there is some hiden file that stores something (sorry, I'm not exactly computer literate... ::)) that I haven't seen and deleted.

Could someone help me pleazzze?

Bye and thankx again.
m

Andreas

The information about the folders is stored in hidded "desktop.ini" files within each (sub-)folder in your plugins folder. In order to see them, you have to select "Extras/Folder options/View/Show hidden and system files" (or whatever it's called in your Windows, I cannot tell since my Windows is German) in Windows Explorer. Maybe the old desktop.ini files are still around, so SC4Tool thinks the folders are still there.
Andreas

BellaAlberta

Thank you Andreas!
Well I found the "folder options" window, tweaked the settings and got the desktop.ini to show up (I'm on Vista and... hmmm... not quite fond of it  ;) I spend quite a lot of time looking for features I used on XP). At least in my documents/plugin folder. I don't see them in the program files/ plugins.
So I used Cleanitol for the job and it seems to work fine.

But my little problem is still not solved so far. The Sum still shows those deleted folders  :(

Well, anyhow, I'll stop bothering you with this since:
1. The SUm works fine and provides me great help in managing my plugins (thanks again for this wonderful tool). After all, this is the major point  ;D.
2. I have a strong feeling that the "problem" is more related to my limited abilities with vista than to the SUM...&mmm... and of course this is no concern of you :).

So, knowing what I'm looking for, I'll go on with my little experimentations in the wonderful vista world.
If I ever find something that could be of any intesrest for you, I'll pm you.

Thanks again for your help and your creations.
And have a nice day.
bye.
m

Andreas

I don't have Vista (thank God! ;) ), so I cannot tell, but since you found some kind of workaround, I'll say stick to it.
Andreas