• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4LotInfosGenerator

Started by wouanagaine, December 15, 2006, 12:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

SC4LotInfosGenerator or SC4LIG
It is a small tool that search for all lots you have in your plugins folder and will generate a html file for you to browse your collection
A small sample generated file :

SC4LotInfosGenerator is available here
Unzip it keeping the folders structure
Run SC4LotInfosGenerator.exe

it will allow you to 'easily' make your own html output
I provided 2 templates
templatesFull.py <- a lot of information is generated
and
templatesSmall.py <- minimal set of information is generated

the templates.py is the file you will have to edit to choose what template you want to use

you can create/modify/add your own template
just follow the instruction I put in thoses above files ( I know there may not be very clever for a non programmer, but it is easier for me )

I want to thanks BSC members and SFBT members ( especially Andreas & Simrolle who gave me permission to use some of SC4Tools datas )

EDIT by jeronij: Just in case you find any issue, here is the support thread at ST NHP Tools suite

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Rayden

Definately a must-have file ;) Thx mate :thumbsup:

jacqulina

Rayden

Well, testing your tool, I had this errors, and the program crashed and stalled. This is the screen shot I took. On yellow is the first error, that I believe is in one of my files. Nevertheless, the prog carried on and on green, while creating the xml files, it stalled and showed that error. Any clues?

jeronij

Hello Wouanagaine,

Thanks for publishing this information. It is very useful and the site´s members and visitors will appreciate it  :thumbsup:

Now, maybe there is a support thread for this tool somewhere ?¿. If it is so, maybe you could add a link to this existing support site, so if there are any problems reported here( like Rayden's), you dont need to control so many different boards. Just a suggestion, because I know you are a quite busy man  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

wouanagaine

oh yes jeronij, good point :)

here is the support thread at ST NHP Tools suite
I check SC4Devotion everyday so it should not be a problem, but I think the ST thread will get a broader audience

Rayden =>
can you try to open the new_properties.xml in IE and see if it report an error ?
and do the same with SC4Full.xml

the yellow part is really a bad plugin, it may relate to the error somehow

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

bat

Also a fantastic tool!

Rayden

Quote from: wouanagaine on December 15, 2006, 03:35:00 AM
oh yes jeronij, good point :)

here is the support thread at ST NHP Tools suite
I check SC4Devotion everyday so it should not be a problem, but I think the ST thread will get a broader audience

Rayden =>
can you try to open the new_properties.xml in IE and see if it report an error ?
and do the same with SC4Full.xml

the yellow part is really a bad plugin, it may relate to the error somehow

Sorry, I only saw your post now. I'm at work and I don't have a chance to do that until late tonight. Perhaps only tomorrow morning. Thx anyway. :)

emilin

I recently started using DT:s No Maxis mod (just trying things out) and without this I wouldn't have had a chance to keep track of anything at all.

In all it's simplicity it might be the single most useful extra resoruce of this game (Census and terraformer included).  &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Rayden

Well, today I've tried this tool again and it still gives me that errors and stops. Here is a screenie

Like you suggested, I've open the new_properties.xml and this is the screen I get

I click at the top message and accept the activex content to run and it doesn't give any error. Here is another screenie

Any clues wouanagaine?

Rayden

Are you still following this thread? &mmm

wouanagaine

Oops, sorry Silvio
it is not in the new_properties.xml but in the SC4.xml, You surely have a lot that contains a " or a < or a & or a éèà etc...
Edit the SC4Full.xml around the line it says and you certainly find what is wrong

New Horizons Productions

Rayden

Could it be these lines?

- <x899AFBAD>
  <val>auã,·ãƒ§ãƒƒãƒ—</val>
  </x899AFBAD>
- <x8A2602A9>
  <val>au by mk 大量の資é‡'が毎月手にå...¥ã,Šã¾ã™ã€,</val>
  </x8A2602A9>

They were taken from SC4Full.xml

Rayden

Quote from: wouanagaine on March 12, 2007, 01:51:04 PM
Oops, sorry Silvio
it is not in the new_properties.xml but in the SC4.xml, You surely have a lot that contains a " or a < or a & or a éèà etc...
Edit the SC4Full.xml around the line it says and you certainly find what is wrong

Do you mean any lot/files with one of those characters in the name will crash the program? If so, can I rename those files and will they still work?

wouanagaine

Unfortunatly no. There is a special character either in the Lot descirption or Lot name , so it is inside the lot
In case, you can however edit the S4FULL.xml to correct it, and just press 'rereport' without 'start'

New Horizons Productions

Rayden

Ok, thanks, I'll wait until, perhaps, you'll find a way to go through this problem. I have japanese lots, french and some spanish lots, most of them have those characters , so, it's almost impossible to track them all. :(

wouanagaine

well just open the xml with explorer, it will tell you what is wrong. Edit it with notepad to fix the html structure and it should work

New Horizons Productions

Rayden

Quote from: wouanagaine on March 14, 2007, 03:12:42 PM
well just open the xml with explorer, it will tell you what is wrong. Edit it with notepad to fix the html structure and it should work

Ok, I'll try it, but I'm not an expert on html or xml, I'm not sure if I'll succeed. ;) I'll let you know later.

This is the first error Frontpage spots on the SC4Full.xml. What's that, what shall I do?

wouanagaine

remove the < and the > around Type your Name here. It makes xmlReader think it is a xml tag

New Horizons Productions

Rayden

You're a saviour Woua, here's a screenshot.

Some stats:

SC4Full.xml = 21,6 Mb
SC4.xml = 12,6 Mb
lotInfos.html = 25,0 Mb
Images Folder = 27,6 Mb - 5.570 images
Time to open the html file (from disk) the first time = nearly 5 minutes  :o

Now look how much memory Firefox is taking with this html file open

To imagine how big is this html page, look at the size of the scrolling knob on the right of the first picture, inside the red circle. By the way, my Plugins Folder is 2,76 Gb size. $%Grinno$%

Thanks God I'm running a good machine ;D