• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badsim's testing ground .

Started by Badsim, October 01, 2009, 04:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citymax

Hi, good progress !!! Congratulations !! If you I can work on my "old"  parisians embarkments (textures), but I wish any aid for the diagonals pieces  ;D

;)

Badsim

Just a picture  to say 'Hi' ,

I'm progressing along Port de la Concorde . False moving houseboat , thanks to effect_ smallfountainC  ;D , but that Lot also generates true small sea boats traffic ... although I would like to avoid sailboats . $%Grinno$%

Later .

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Badsim

Hi ,

Time to present here the Seine with David's water Mod . After many tests about different values , I think have found the right one to get the proper transparency . I'm progressing along Port des Tuileries ... very slowly , as I've decided to give attention to my Lots more than ever . All textures & overlays have been changed , trying to better match with Vincent's embankement set to come .
On the other side of the avenue along the Seine, the Lot with trees is just a prefiguring one about what will be Tuileries' garden .

The closer view shows the water transparency ... you can see the stairs going down in the water . ::)

These stairs props from MAS71 have to be placed step by step , I need to rework them as the slope going under water isn't the same than the one going up to the avenue ... extremely tedious . $%Grinno$%

Later .

Cédric .

(Listening Tom McRae - Keep your pictures clear .)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Orange_o_

I know why I started this crazy project, you are undoubtedly the best Loter that exists  &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

metasmurf

rooker1

Those are truly some fantastic pictures, great work Cedric.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Bobbi

The details are very great! :o

And LotEditor is a very very wonderful tool. ::)

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Badsim

Many thanks for these comments about pictures ... already outdated . ;D

Several improvements since this morning .

The sidewalk prop (from xannepan) has been replaced by a seaport prop (from NOB) .

I've added a culvert ( from Chrisadams ) ... below the water-line . Search for it and you'll find it . :P

I've added fishermen (from Simgoober) .

Because , yeah folks , there're seagulls & fishermen in Paris . ;D

Amazing to see on that one , David , how the Seine looks like your water Mod ( and not the opposite  $%Grinno$% )

There're brown bullheads in the Seine weighing more than 60 Kg ... :o

To end that post , a view showing the strangeness of these Lots ; « Boats in the air » ... ::)

I think I've got enough details now , I can progress that way along the Seine .
To the next . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

metarvo

Wow, that's just beautiful!  :thumbsup:  I especially like the effect that the trees add to the sidewalk.  Keep up the good work, Cédric.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Orange_o_

QuoteAmazing to see on that one , David , how the Seine looks like your water Mod ( and not the opposite)

Didn't have you ask to me a texture to make " The Seine "? $%Grinno$%

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Andreas

Cédric, this looks fantastic!  &apls  In the fourth pic, you can see that the end of the jetty is visible below the houseboat, but the rest is simply wonderful - I was in Paris last April, and it really looks exactly like that. I didn't know that there were such huge fish in the Seine, though.

Andreas

djvandrake

I must have been asleep to not see this thread!  ()what()

What a wonderful project!  The river shorelines that you've created above are by far the best I've seen.  You continue to set a very high bar of accomplishment.  Bravo.  &apls

I'm really looking forward to following this project.  ;D

Une_ame

It's true that Cédric lots are an awesome re-creation of the actual place :o. The only difference is that in a lot of place (like in your picture), the Seine walls are vertical, but it is impossible to solve that without a BAT.

Yeeepeee for Cedric &hlp. I love the fisherman :thumbsup:, the riverboats (very good choice amongts what we have, which is very few) and the trees : I would have used Porky's but I must admit that those are far better in that situation &apls!

Keep going with all those gems.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Sciurus

This is just wonderful, congrats, but I wait more, as the size of this project! :P

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Yan077

I can't believe my eyes  :o (not only for the fish... $%Grinno$%)

Bobbi

Wonderful! And I think Cédric is a god of LotEditor :D

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Earth quake

Quays are really beautiful, bravo.
The pictures are simply extraordinary and " The Seine water mod " is more realistic.
Excellent work on the Lot Cédric. &apls

Badsim

Thank you . :)

Progressing along Port des Tuileries ...

That new bridge is in fact corresponding to the pedestrian bridge « Passerelle Léopold-Sèdar Senghor » .

Hope you like it like it is , though .
Rendez-vous Pont des Arts ...

Cédric.

Girafe

Very nice cédric I want to see more  ::) 

As Orange said I have never seen best Lotter  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

serebii666

It's amazing! And thanks for the reply!  ;D :thumbsup:
"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><