• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: io_bg on December 07, 2008, 04:52:14 AM
On one more thing - will there be smooth transition between round RHW and elevated RHS (like these between the maxis ground and elevated highways)?

At this point, no.  That's the only transition included--the actual ramp spans 4 tiles in total.  The Ground-to-Elevated MIS transition is set up the same way.

My apologies for the relative slowness of the thread lately.  I've had RL and Administrative stuff to take care of here, and development is in the "bugfixing" stages, so there's not really much new to look at. ;)

-Alex

Swamper77

Things are getting wrapped up on my end. I'm just double checking all of my work to make sure there are no errors and such before I hand them off to Alex. Here's some of the final stuff that I have done:

I simply added pillars and walls to the medians of these puzzle pieces. The barrier props in the median are True3D models which are placed via T21 exemplars. Textures of the networks are exactly as Alex had them when he gave me the alpha files.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

deathtopumpkins

Ooh... I love the barriers in the median!  :thumbsup: Do they match up with the plain barrier though?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

sithlrd98

Those look awwwwwwesome! Great job on those barriers! &apls &apls

Jayson

Monorail Master

WOW!!! I'm impressed! It looks so realistic! Now it can look like I-40 in Knoxville, TN! It's going to be a RHW-10 after this widening project will be finished in July 2009. Well, at least me and other people don't have to build underground passes when a road or rail meets a RHW 6. Also I wonder, are there any plans or knowledge about a RHW toll booth? I've been working on them, but I still can't make a RHW go through it  without some sort of road, OWR, AVE, or Freeway conversion. ()what()
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

nerdly_dood

Dude.. That is amazing!

Monorail Master: You can use SC4Tool to change what networks can go through a lot - You have to put the transit-enabler into expert mode, and then instead of "road" or "street" you get an 8-digit hex number, and you have to change something to a 5 i think if you start from "road"... but I'm not really sure about that. I'm sure someone knows though.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

metarvo

This is incredible, Jan!  :thumbsup:  You never cease to please, do you?  RHW Day will be one not soon forgotten.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

A200

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ryan B.

Those overpass bits look great, Jan!  :) 

Applause for a job well done.   &apls

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Haljackey

Wow, those are some excellent models Jan!  Its going to be an excellent addition to RHW 3.0, that's for sure!

Well done!

Best,
-Haljackey

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on December 07, 2008, 03:08:34 PM
Ooh... I love the barriers in the median!  :thumbsup: Do they match up with the plain barrier though?

Yes, they do.  :)  Jan made a ground-level version of the Elevated RHW barriers and T21'd them onto the RHW-6C.

-Alex (Tarkus)

un1

Swamper77

Quote from: Tarkus on December 07, 2008, 05:49:44 PM
Yes, they do.  :)  Jan made a ground-level version of the Elevated RHW barriers and T21'd them onto the RHW-6C.

-Alex (Tarkus)

And Alex has my files that I have sent him, so I'm keeping my hands off until he finds something that needs fixing by my hands.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Tarkus

To confirm the barrier matching . . . here's the RHW-6C-over-Avenue piece lining up with the RHW-6C network.

Jan, you've really outdone yourself here--thank you so much for all your help! :thumbsup:

-Alex

Ryan B.

Holy . . . . . . .

Wow.  Great work, both of you!

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

Haljackey

Wow, the new concrete median looks better than any before!  Nice job! :thumbsup:

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg