• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM GLR/Tram Poll - Please Vote!

Started by z, August 19, 2009, 01:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you use GLR (ground light rail) or trams in any of your cities, in any form?

Yes
No

z

In its continuing quest to provide the best NAM possible, the NAM Team would be very interested to get some idea of the usage of GLR and trams in people's cities.  Please answer "Yes" to the above question if you have GLR, GLR-in-Avenue, Tram in Road, Tram on Ped Mall, or any other form of GLR (ground light rail) or trams in any of your cities.  Otherwise, please answer "No."  Thanks!

emgmod

I mostly use GLR as a ground version of elevated rail in suburbs.
Sometimes I make Tram in Road/GLR-in-Avenue eyecandy historic lines.

joelyboy911

In my region i'm using most of the types of GLR to represent an old, but still maintained tram (streetcar) system from say the 1920s sort of thing. I use it in conjunction with Vester's tram mod (I think it's his). I use heavy rail to represent the suburban rail system. I rarely use the original EL-Rail except where I feel there needs to be a tram overpass for some reason.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Terring7

Well, it depends. At tiny villages i use tram on streets, at more urban places (like suburbans) i use tram on road and at really urban places (like commercial areas) el over road.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Jonathan

In almost all my cities (though I only have 2 or 3) I use glr excessivly and convert most of my avenues to glr in avenue and when I get into the Cam stages then a lot of my roads in the high density areas get turned into GLR on road. Because it eases the traffic without taking up more room.

Jonathan

newsimaddict

i use excessively in my current map - all various forms too. normal tram, tram-in-ave, tram-in-road and the new tram roudabout puzzle pieces are simply genius!

i do hope the nam team continue to create these wonderful pieces.

tag_one

Of course I use them. Quite a lot actually, especially the GLR in avenue and road. 

MandelSoft

I use them rarely, but I do have them in three of my largest cities: Konrad (a complete T-RAM network), Guilliano (Subway, GLR, ELR, GLR-in-Avenue and T-RAM) and Kapish (T-RAM and GLR-in-Avenue). It just takes quite long to build a GLR-network, so that's why I don't use them so much.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

_maciex_

I use GLR in every bigger city (ove 25k). It's most useful part of NAM for me. I use all types of glr, except glr on street, but i will use it  ;)

sumwonyuno

I tried GLR when it first was available in the NAM.  I haven't really used it since then because it doesn't fit my purposes.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

gottago

I use it extensively, as I'm building a Euro region based on one that does have trams--avenue, road and street versions. the variety of puzzle pieces is quite impressive--I've yet to come across a situation where something was lacking--great work here. &apls

btw, always wanted to know: what is the pathing difference between a tram/street junction and -intersection (i.e., the two street-ending pieces)?

metarvo

I use GLR mainly in urban areas, since I mainly try to build American-style cities, which in RL only have GLR if they are big enough.  Even so, I do use it.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

rooker1

I love the GLR and everything you guys have done so far.  I would love to see alot more pieces, especially above other networks.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

RogerRon91

Iam using all GLR-Addons (GLR, Tram-in-/-on-Road, Tram-on-Street, Tram-in Ave).

Trams for ever!  ;)
Um well .... I know my English is enhanceable. =)

CasperVg

I use the GLR, but however I do never preplan it into my cities - the GLR lines are always a kind of afterthought, used to solve overusage of cars. Like Jonathan, I mainly use GLR-in-Avenue and GLR-in-Road, as they don't require me to demolish any development upon installing.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

pierreh

I started to implement GLR in some mature cities a while ago and I noticed the improvements in traffic flow. Currently I use essentially tram-in-avenue and tram-in-road with the available RTMT stations; a few sections of GLR on reservation. I will use tram-in-street when a few more puzzle pieces are available for it. What I miss most is crossings with diagonal roads and avenues.

tamorr

Even though I haven't had a chance to check out some of the new stuff yet due to my own projects, I have definately used the GLR especially in some cities that have Elevated rail to create moderation between the two when needed. Also the In Avenue one I have mainly messed with and have had in a couple areas of my old cities. I do plan on using the new stuff as it adds even more versitility for what I can do with them. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

k808j

I am now a big fan of Tram in/on road, but wish that in road had similiar puzzle piece as on road.

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

kbieniu7

I'm using GLR in the biggest cities, especially in my "main" city. GLR is my most important kind of infastrucure. I'm using GLR in avenue and also GLR Tram in Road, and I feel lack of Tram in Road diagonals - it stops developing my city centre.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

itsacoaster

I voted "no."  Whenever I try to use the GLR-in-AVE stops, they don't work at all for boarding in residential zones, regardless of how the zones are set up.  Sims might even take the bus to work and take the GLR home.  I don't know if that is by design or not, maybe I'm not getting something, but this problem has kept me from using it.  (Yes, I tried "activating" them by dragging one-way roads through them.)  However I just cleaned out my plugins folder and started fresh with fewer plugins, so perhaps this will help.  I have not tried it lately, though.